Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 60

Thread: Did the Mcanns refuse to alow the twins to be tested for drugs in their system

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,484

    Did the Mcanns refuse to alow the twins to be tested for drugs in their system

    Does anyone know if this is true? Did the Mcanns refuse to alow the twins to be tested for drugs in their system when LE requested it because of the twins sound sleeping? Does someone know of a link to where this information may have come from?

    Thanks
    mjak

  2. #2
    april4sky's Avatar
    april4sky is offline It is not who is right, but what is right, that is of importance
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by mjak View Post
    Does anyone know if this is true? Did the Mcanns refuse to alow the twins to be tested for drugs in their system when LE requested it because of the twins sound sleeping? Does someone know of a link to where this information may have come from?

    Thanks
    mjak
    There were rumours about this but I haven't seen any confirmation about it.

    The McCanns have had their own test done, including the twins, as part of their own dossier. All negative.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../wmaddy223.xml

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,141
    http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/200...ne-mccann.html

    15. Refusing a Urine Test on the Twins.

    The McCanns, both doctors, refused urine tests for their two-year-old twins, although they later admitted that the children "could have been drugged by the abductor". The parents then waited for five months before engaging an agency to carry out "independent" tests. The results of these tests have never been publicly disclosed and it is not known for what drugs the agency tested.


    These allegations regarding the refusal of initial testing were reported in the Portuguese press.

    I tend to think that the reports are true for one main reason. If they had agreed to drug testing for the twins immediately, that information would surely have been reported all along, especially in the British press.

    Ask yourself this, if your two small children had been left behind during an abduction and they did not wake up during all the activity while people and police searched and with KM screaming for Maddie....would you ask that they be tested for some sort of sedative-type drug that might still be in their systems?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to colomom For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,591
    Quote Originally Posted by colomom View Post
    http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/200...ne-mccann.html

    15. Refusing a Urine Test on the Twins.

    The McCanns, both doctors, refused urine tests for their two-year-old twins, although they later admitted that the children "could have been drugged by the abductor". The parents then waited for five months before engaging an agency to carry out "independent" tests. The results of these tests have never been publicly disclosed and it is not known for what drugs the agency tested.

    These allegations regarding the refusal of initial testing were reported in the Portuguese press.

    I tend to think that the reports are true for one main reason. If they had agreed to drug testing for the twins immediately, that information would surely have been reported all along, especially in the British press.

    Ask yourself this, if your two small children had been left behind during an abduction and they did not wake up during all the activity while people and police searched and with KM screaming for Maddie....would you ask that they be tested for some sort of sedative-type drug that might still be in their systems?
    Furthermore, I beleive they refused due to the fact that being Dr's they were very well aware that any drugs would be out of the twins tiny systems after a few months and not even hair folicals would show trace evidence at that time. So, if they concluded they may have been drugged by an abductor - why wait on the tests?!?

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,484
    Thanks everyone for the input. The reason I asked if this is true because I had a realization yesterday that if it is true it is very very damning for Kate and Gerry. If you are innocent parents who just found there child missing and believe abducted and LE asks to test your other children who they think could be drugged you do not refuse. Instead you panic that your other children could be in danger if they have been drugged or worse even dying. To say no to this request if this happened is in my opinion not something an innocent person in this situation would do. I think it is crucial to know exactly when this request was made to the parents when they refused.

    mjak

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    6,360
    Quote Originally Posted by mjak View Post
    Thanks everyone for the input. The reason I asked if this is true because I had a realization yesterday that if it is true it is very very damning for Kate and Gerry. If you are innocent parents who just found there child missing and believe abducted and LE asks to test your other children who they think could be drugged you do not refuse. Instead you panic that your other children could be in danger if they have been drugged or worse even dying. To say no to this request if this happened is in my opinion not something an innocent person in this situation would do. I think it is crucial to know exactly when this request was made to the parents when they refused.

    mjak

    Bingo! It would have been proof or evidence that Madeleine had perhaps been drugged also and not "given them their tuppence worth" of a fight, as Kate described Maddie's temperament.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Texana View Post
    Bingo! It would have been proof or evidence that Madeleine had perhaps been drugged also and not "given them their tuppence worth" of a fight, as Kate described Maddie's temperament.
    Ironicly, if they did refuse to do this to me this is even more proof of their involvment. No parent who is traumatized by their missing child is going to hesitate for one second if LE says they think your other children might be drugged to have them tested. Innocent parents at this time have all their childrens wellbeing on their minds.

    mjak

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by mjak View Post
    Ironicly, if they did refuse to do this to me this is even more proof of their involvment. No parent who is traumatized by their missing child is going to hesitate for one second if LE says they think your other children might be drugged to have them tested. Innocent parents at this time have all their childrens wellbeing on their minds.

    mjak
    Totally agree with you, in this kind of situation you would do ANYTHING to help the police if it could help to find your little one.

    Talking of wellbeing, as a matter of interest, did G&K give any reason why they didn't take advantage of the babysitting facilities at the Ocean World resort . I found this article and I have to say if you it's a child free evening you are looking for , relaxed, without worry...this seems perfect.
    It doesn't make sense, but then very little regarding this case does.

    http://portugalresident.com/portugal...y.asp?ID=18787





    Childcare

    10th May 2007


    Mark Warner resorts offer either a free room listening or a drop-in crèche service for young children.

    The room listening service operates from 8pm until midnight when nannies tour the rooms checking on the children and reporting any problems to parents.

    The drop-in crèche service operates from 7.30pm until 11.30pm and allows people to drop off their children at the resort’s crèche where they are entertained with films, games and so on, or sleep in a designated quiet area.

    The Mark Warner website states: “For you to relax on holiday, you want to know your children are in expert hands, being cared for in a happy safe environment. That’s why all our nannies are fully trained by us either in the UK or at the resort, are all English-speaking and the majority hold a DCE, NNEB, NVQ or equivalent qualification.”

    John Hill said: “They had not requested the dining out service, a child minding service which allows parents to enjoy a meal while their children are being looked after by qualified personnel.”

    While this service is available at the resort, the parents decided to check on the children at regular half hourly intervals themselves.



  10. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,016
    Also, the testing was "supposedly" carried out on the twins hair, five months after the fact, and if any of the news media is to believed, after several haircuts for both children. So I would expect those results to be quite accurate.......huh?

    Salem

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Also, the testing was "supposedly" carried out on the twins hair, five months after the fact, and if any of the news media is to believed, after several haircuts for both children. So I would expect those results to be quite accurate.......huh?

    Salem
    yes you would expect them to be accurate. Drugs stay in hair for a long time. There has never been any evidence to suggest the twins were drugged by their parents.
    I also do not get why supposedly is in quote marks, why is that?

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,153
    Quote Originally Posted by brit1981 View Post
    yes you would expect them to be accurate. Drugs stay in hair for a long time. There has never been any evidence to suggest the twins were drugged by their parents.
    I also do not get why supposedly is in quote marks, why is that?
    This depends entirely on who is doing the testing, and who is paying for the results.

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,358
    the mccanns asked a uk police officer on 5th may, two days later, to find out from the portuguese police if there was any evidence that drugs had been used

    they were convinced drugs were used but never took their kids to a and e
    or any doctor but kate complains in her book the police never did, there was nothing stopping them

    They took five months to get tests on them!! ONLY to prove they themselves didnt drug them, how bizarre, even if the tests came back positive how this could prove they didnt drug them is beyond me

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    drugs stay in hair for quite a long time so it would be possible to see if they had been regularly drugged prior to the abduction from the tests on the hair even months later.

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by brit1981 View Post
    drugs stay in hair for quite a long time so it would be possible to see if they had been regularly drugged prior to the abduction from the tests on the hair even months later.
    that doesnt answer my question and im not sure its a factual reply either

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by brit1981 View Post
    drugs stay in hair for quite a long time so it would be possible to see if they had been regularly drugged prior to the abduction from the tests on the hair even months later.
    It all depends on how long the twins' hair is maintained. If very short, then 5 months is enough time to allow the hair to grow out and then a haircut would remove that drug residue.

    The drug only shows up in the hair while the subject is given that substance. Stop the substance and new hair growth will not show it. So during the testing, the hair is laid and and since hair grows at a predictable rate, you can determine when the ingestion of the substance started, how long it lasted (and in some cases concentration amounts) and when it was stopped. If you stop taking the substance, wait long enough for the hair to grow out and then get a haircut, the new hair growth will come up clean.

  17. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    it would depend on the drug as it may stay in the system for quite a while after it was last administered.

  18. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,153
    They made sure the twins had a haircut very soon after Madeleine's disappearance.

    Gerry refers to it in his blog.
    Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.
    KISS

  19. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    if they were drugging their children then why bring it up, and what were they drugging them with, and why bother checking the children if they knew they would be asleep. the mccanns told of their concerns, if they had been the ones drugging the children then why mention it. Personally I do not think any of the children were drugged by anyone, some children can sleep through earthquakes, and I think the mccanns were doing what all people do when something bad happens, they go over every single detail looking for significance.

  20. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,153
    Quote Originally Posted by brit1981 View Post

    if they were drugging their children then why bring it up, and what were they drugging them with, and why bother checking the children if they knew they would be asleep. the mccanns told of their concerns, if they had been the ones drugging the children then why mention it. Personally I do not think any of the children were drugged by anyone, some children can sleep through earthquakes, and I think the mccanns were doing what all people do when something bad happens, they go over every single detail looking for significance.
    That's the point, they didn't bring it up...until much, much later, when it no longer mattered.

    Gerry admitted in his blog that it had crossed their minds the twins had indeed been drugged that night.

    So. A loving, caring father, who also happens to be a medical practitioner, plus his wife, same, fearing their baby "abducted" and her siblings "drugged" by an "abductor", do not see fit to mention possible drugging it at the time, nor arrange testing for those almost comatose toddlers?

    Kate was even seen checking their breathing.

    As medical practitioners, it would be best practice to get those babies to a hospital to be checked. As frightened parents, it would be urgent.

    It wasn't...in fact they didn't even mention it, actually handing their (drugged, maybe overdosed) twins off to friends for the night.

    How is this behaviour explained?
    Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.
    KISS

  21. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    because they checked they were breathing and they were fine. The drugged theory did not come about until afterwards and even then only as in "in hindsight everything becomes significant" type way. And a child sleeping through noise does not mean they have gone into a coma.

  22. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,798
    Plus, re:hair testing: this type of testing does not pick up every drug known to man. It is generally used to test for heavy metals. It would be very difficult to know a specific drug to test for, and furthermore, if only a single or a few doses had been given (say, only for the duration of the vacation) it is unlikely that - even if a specific drug was tested for - the testing of hair would return a positive result.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to marycarney For This Useful Post:


  24. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,153
    Quote Originally Posted by brit1981 View Post
    because they checked they were breathing and they were fine. The drugged theory did not come about until afterwards and even then only as in "in hindsight everything becomes significant" type way. And a child sleeping through noise does not mean they have gone into a coma.
    No but a child sleeping through a "stranger abduction" of their own sister from the next bed, would alarm any parent.

    Except of course the McCann, whose reaction to this "threat" was to immediately leave the sleeping twins alone and at risk, to blare out the news to other diners in a restaurant.

    As you do.

    Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.
    KISS

  25. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    It is common for children to fall alseep in rooms which are not their own and then be carried by an adult to the right room. If there is more than one child they do not all suddenly wake up because an adult has walked into the room. I have picked up a sleeping child and walked into another room and put them in their own bed, and then gone back and picked up their sleeping sibling, who had been sleeping next to them, and carry them thorugh without either of them waking up. A sleeping two year old not waking up because an adult comes into the room and picks up another sleeping child is not in the least bit unusual.

    Besides the claims made by some on the internet do not stand up. First of all it is the children were sedated with non-sedative calpol. Then it is the mccanns sedated all of their children to ensure they slept through, but this does not match up with the fact that the mccanns checked their children regulary every night. If they had drugged the children so they stayed awake, why check them so often? No-one has come up with any evidence that the mccanns drugged their children, so they might as well claim anything.

  26. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,153
    Quote Originally Posted by brit1981 View Post
    It is common for children to fall alseep in rooms which are not their own and then be carried by an adult to the right room. If there is more than one child they do not all suddenly wake up because an adult has walked into the room. I have picked up a sleeping child and walked into another room and put them in their own bed, and then gone back and picked up their sleeping sibling, who had been sleeping next to them, and carry them thorugh without either of them waking up. A sleeping two year old not waking up because an adult comes into the room and picks up another sleeping child is not in the least bit unusual.

    Besides the claims made by some on the internet do not stand up. First of all it is the children were sedated with non-sedative calpol. Then it is the mccanns sedated all of their children to ensure they slept through, but this does not match up with the fact that the mccanns checked their children regulary every night. If they had drugged the children so they stayed awake, why check them so often? No-one has come up with any evidence that the mccanns drugged their children, so they might as well claim anything.
    That is not fact, that is an outright untruth.

    The McCann DID NOT check their children regularly every night.

    The McCann decided to institute the fateful regime on one night only...the night Madeleine disappeared.

    Every other night the children were left to cry alone and unattended.

    This is undisputed fact.
    Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.
    KISS

  27. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    Quote Originally Posted by SapphireSteel View Post
    That is not fact, that is an outright untruth.

    The McCann DID NOT check their children regularly every night.

    The McCann decided to institute the fateful regime on one night only...the night Madeleine disappeared.

    Every other night the children were left to cry alone and unattended.

    This is undisputed fact.
    No it is not a fact. The facts are according to witness that the mccanns did check the children regulary every night. Not one witness has come forward to say they know the mccanns only checked the children that night. To claim otherwise is incorrect.
    Just because something is being pread on other forums and websites dedicated to trying to convince people madeleine is dead claim this is an undisputed fact does not make it one. Nothing in the PJ files backs up what you say. But if you have evidence that the witnesses are all lying and can prove that the mccanns only checked the children that night then I suggest you contact operation grange as it could be important evidence.

    But if you are just going on what you have read on internet forums and booklets like fifty "facts" then I suggest you look at the PJ files more closely and ask yourself why people are spreading this lie, why do they want madeleine to be thought dead. I cannot think of any good reason, but I do know of at least one group who try to obtain money in spouting these untruths.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to brit1981 For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MO - Police: Grandma left twins in car to buy drugs in St. Louis
    By krimekat in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-21-2011, 02:08 PM
  2. Mom of newborn with drugs in system arrested
    By Filly in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 09-19-2010, 07:59 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 10:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •