Did You Know That Patsy Spelled Advise Wrong In The Sample RN?

Did You Know That Patsy Misspelled Advise In The Sample RN?

• Yes, I Knew That Patsy Misspelled Advise.

Votes: 27 18.2%
  • No, I Had No Clue That Patsy Misspelled Advise, Until Holdon Pointed It Out In A Thread.

Votes: 121 81.8%

• Total voters

Ames

Reaction score
According to Holdontoyourhat, most RDI's didn't even realize that Patsy misspelled the word advise (she spelled it advize), in both her left and right hand SAMPLE RN. I told him that there were probably one or two RDI's that didn't know that...including me. He doesn't believe me...so I am taking a poll. Did you guys know that Patsy misspelled advise (advize) in both of her sample RN's? If so...then WHY? Did she do it on purpose? (Which is MY guess), or accidently (which is what Holdontoyourhat believes).

If so...then WHY? Did she do it on purpose? (Which is MY guess), or accidently (which is what Holdontoyourhat believes).

Yes...on purpose. It would be downright silly to think that Patsy,a Journalism major and college graduate,wouldn't know how to spell advise.Read or listen to the news...you'll hear 'such and such was advised to...'.Especially in legal terms..and on that note,perhaps Patsy was advised to misspell the word advise?

How many words have the letter z in them anyway?Not many mainstream words.

I say she did it on purpose - she was a journalism major...of course she knew how to spell a commonly-used word like 'advise.'

We're all supposed to shake our heads and smile at what a naive and sheltered woman Patsy was:

"Oh, look, ahaha. Patsy not only thought she still money in the bank if she still had checks in her checkbook, but she also doesn't know to spell 'advise.' There's no way a simple lil ole Southern country gal like Patsy could have possibly written that horrid RN."

I don't believe Patsy was that ignorant about either financial matters or the correct spelling of a 4th grade vocabulary word like 'advise.'

I looked it up and found that Callan had noted the misspelling of 'advise' on another forum, last year. He seemed to believe that was cause to believe that PR did not write the RN.

I agree, as the 'deliberate misspelling conspiracy' isn't so easy for RDI to automatically deduce now, years later, when the misspellings had never even been noticed.

I looked it up and found that Callan had noted the misspelling of 'advise' on another forum, last year. He seemed to believe that was cause to believe that PR did not write the RN.

I agree, as the 'deliberate misspelling conspiracy' isn't so easy for RDI to automatically deduce now, years later, when the misspellings had never even been noticed.

Yes Callan did bring that topic up on CL and we all spoke about it. If that is all you have Holdon, I think you ought to get some more.

I say she did it on purpose - she was a journalism major...of course she knew how to spell a commonly-used word like 'advise.'

We're all supposed to shake our heads and smile at what a naive and sheltered woman Patsy was:

"Oh, look, ahaha. Patsy not only thought she still money in the bank if she still had checks in her checkbook, but she also doesn't know to spell 'advise.' There's no way a simple lil ole Southern country gal like Patsy could have possibly written that horrid RN."

I don't believe Patsy was that ignorant about either financial matters or the correct spelling of a 4th grade vocabulary word like 'advise.'

Patsy probably took a %$#*load of zanax to get her through and as they started kicking in, she got bolder. She wrote the note with all of its TRANSPARENCY.

But as someone suggested on Topix, Patsy did not apologize to anyone before she died and in order to be forgiven, totally forgiven, one must be honest in their repentence. So since Patsy lived her life lying about "someone being out there", she needed to apologize to all of those people that she and John may have suggested were involved. They could start with Merrick.

Having NOT done that, Patsy I am afraid is not forgiven. Those are the rules. I did not make them up. :blowkiss:

It just makes me more confident than ever...that she DID write that Ransom note. Advise is way too easy of a word, for her to have messed up accidently...especially for a JOURNALISM major. She messed it up in the sample, on purpose. If Patsy was some idiot...and didn't have a degree in Journalism...then I would think that it was done accidently...that she really didn't know how to spell the word advise....but, that is simply not the case here. She misspelled advise accidently...but spelled attaché and other more difficult words, correctly....no, I don't buy that.

It just makes me more confident than ever...that she DID write that Ransom note. Advise is way too easy of a word, for her to have messed up accidently...especially for a JOURNALISM major. She messed it up in the sample, on purpose. If Patsy was some idiot...and didn't have a degree in Journalism...then I would think that it was done accidently...that she really didn't know how to spell the word advise....but, that is simply not the case here. She misspelled advise accidently...but spelled attaché and other more difficult words, correctly....no, I don't buy that.

me neither,and just what spelling level is that word on,anyway? someone said 4th grade earlier;it probably is a grade school level word,that sounds about right.
If anything,I would think someone would confuse it with the word 'advice',rather than spell it with a z for the s.Especially a foreigner.But I think that point is moot anyway.

Yes she did.

me neither,and just what spelling level is that word on,anyway? someone said 4th grade earlier;it probably is a grade school level word,that sounds about right.
If anything,I would think someone would confuse it with the word 'advice',rather than spell it with a z for the s.Especially a foreigner.But I think that point is moot anyway.

I looked it up, and whoever told you that it was a 4th grade level, is correct.

http://www.time4learning.com/SpellingWords/4th-grade-spelling-words.shtml

The word on this list was ADVICE, though.. Same difference...imo
I do believe that Patsy had a higher education...than 4th grade.

I think she misspelled it deliberately also,It is a fairly simple word and as Patsy had done journalism and presumably prepared papers for their early business ventures working out of their house I am sure it was a word she used a lot.

I knew she 'mis'spelled, but agree it was NOT an accident.

Make sure that you vote in my poll, if you haven't already. I think that it is awesome that this case has caused you to study Forensic Psychology! Good for you!!

Makes one kind of miss Patsy. If nothing else, she gave us plenty to work with! But, unfortunately, she did do something else and no matter how much she tried to disguise her true self, there was no stopping the real fake Patsy from shining through.

NOT Just My Opinion!
RR

Makes one kind of miss Patsy. If nothing else, she gave us plenty to work with! But, unfortunately, she did do something else and no matter how much she tried to disguise her true self, there was no stopping the real fake Patsy from shining through.

NOT Just My Opinion!
RR

I know...it makes me kind of miss her too. She is one of those people that you love to..."dislike". She WAS a character...that is for sure. To be quite honest...I was watching ETV the other day, and they had the 20 most shocking unsolved crimes...JB's murder ranked #2. They said on there that the stress of losing JB caused Patsy's cancer to return...or something like that. And I just thought....."NOOOOO, Patsy's cancer returned, because of the stress of what she had to live with....knowing what she had done". And...in my heart....I believe that.

I know...it makes me kind of miss her too. She is one of those people that you love to..."dislike". She WAS a character...that is for sure. To be quite honest...I was watching ETV the other day, and they had the 20 most shocking unsolved crimes...JB's murder ranked #2. They said on there that the stress of losing JB caused Patsy's cancer to return...or something like that. And I just thought....."NOOOOO, Patsy's cancer returned, because of the stress of what she had to live with....knowing what she had done". And...in my heart....I believe that.

I think so,too.IMO,if it had been the stress of losing JB to a murder committed by someone else,then her cancer might have come back even sooner.As it was,so knew what happened.

I think so,too.IMO,if it had been the stress of losing JB to a murder committed by someone else,then her cancer might have come back even sooner.As it was,so knew what happened.

Right, she died 9 and 1/2 years after JB's death. I agree with you...the cancer probably would have come back immediately, if JB had of been killed by someone else...stress brings on stuff like that.

Patsy probably took a %$#*load of zanax to get her through and as they started kicking in, she got bolder. She wrote the note with all of its TRANSPARENCY.

But as someone suggested on Topix, Patsy did not apologize to anyone before she died and in order to be forgiven, totally forgiven, one must be honest in their repentence. So since Patsy lived her life lying about "someone being out there", she needed to apologize to all of those people that she and John may have suggested were involved. They could start with Merrick.

Having NOT done that, Patsy I am afraid is not forgiven. Those are the rules. I did not make them up. :blowkiss:

Could not have said it better myself. In fact I think I have said it many times myself, but never better!

Oh Patsy probably thought she was going to that great Plantation in the sky ! If she hasn't figured it out yet,then she probably just thinks she's in a scene from Gone with the Wind,and Atlanta is burning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back