Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CA - Candace Starr, 16, Granada Hills, 21 Sept 1975

CA - Candace Starr, 16, Granada Hills, 21 Sept 1975

Missing Since: September 21, 1975 from Granada Hills, California
    Classification: Non-Family Abduction
    Date Of Birth: April 26, 1959
    Height and Weight: 5'4 - 5'5, 115 - 149 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue/hazel eyes. Starr's nickname is Candy. Her nose is pierced and she has scars on her forehead and chin. Some agencies spell her first name "Candance."

Details of Disappearance

Starr lived with her boyfriend in Culver City, California in 1975. She moved back to her family's residence in Granada Hills, California in September of that year after her boyfriend was allegedly physically abusive towards her. According to her relatives, Starr had been living at her family's home for a week when her boyfriend forced his way into the family's home during the last week of September and abducted Starr at gunpoint. Starr's parents were not at the residence at the time, but one of her sisters stated that she saw Starr's boyfriend grab her around her neck and pull her over a small wall separating the family's property from the neighbor's residence. Starr has never been heard from again.

According to Starr's family, the Los Angeles Police Department took a police report shortly after Starr's abduction but never spoke to the family again. A year after Starr's disappearance, her father visited the police station to inquire as to the status of the case and was told that no incident report had been filed. The police initially refused to take a missing person's report because of the passage of time. Decades passed before they accepted the report.

Starr's family continues to search for her. Her sister Shari is married, but goes by her maiden name in case Candace tries to contact her.

Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Los Angeles Police Department
    818-756-8283
    OR

213-485-2504

Unhappy CA-Candace Starr-(16) Granada Hills, 1975

Missing Since: September 21, 1975 from Granada Hills, California
    Classification: Non-Family Abduction
    Date Of Birth: April 26, 1959
    Height and Weight: 5'4 - 5'5, 115 - 149 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue/hazel eyes. Starr's nickname is Candy. Her nose is pierced and she has scars on her forehead and chin. Some agencies spell her first name "Candance."

Details of Disappearance

Starr lived with her boyfriend in Culver City, California in 1975. She moved back to her family's residence in Granada Hills, California in September of that year after her boyfriend was allegedly physically abusive towards her. According to her relatives, Starr had been living at her family's home for a week when her boyfriend forced his way into the family's home during the last week of September and abducted Starr at gunpoint. Starr's parents were not at the residence at the time, but one of her sisters stated that she saw Starr's boyfriend grab her around her neck and pull her over a small wall separating the family's property from the neighbor's residence. Starr has never been heard from again.

According to Starr's family, the Los Angeles Police Department took a police report shortly after Starr's abduction but never spoke to the family again. A year after Starr's disappearance, her father visited the police station to inquire as to the status of the case and was told that no incident report had been filed. The police initially refused to take a missing person's report because of the passage of time. Decades passed before they accepted the report.

Starr's family continues to search for her. Her sister Shari is married, but goes by her maiden name in case Candace tries to contact her.

Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Los Angeles Police Department
    818-756-8283
    OR

213-485-2504

Charley Project

NCMEC

I just came across her thread in the Missing Children In America Forum, and was blown away! This was a childhood playmate of mine in elementary school. She went by "Candy". We lost touch, I did not know she had disappeared. I can tell you I played at her house, and FWIW, she wallpapered her room in Donny Osmond posters. I can still remember her voice.
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LinasK For This Useful Post:

Is there a way to find out the boyfriend's name?

I believe the boyfriend's name was Michael Singh. Something Singh anyway.

Just received info from NCMEC that Candace has been located deceased. Haven't been able to find an article or anything yet tho.
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho4Groenes View Post
    Just received info from NCMEC that Candace has been located deceased. Haven't been able to find an article or anything yet tho.
    Thank-you for this info. I will pass it on to her former classmates.
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.

Its so disgusting how this family was treated. Their daughter may have been found a long time ago if things were handled differently.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AmandaBrown23 For This Useful Post:

Starr, 16, was abducted from her Grenada Hills, California residence on September 21, 1975. Her remains were found in a wooded area in 2003, but they were not identified until June 2009.

That's all the info I've been able to find.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Syttende For This Useful Post:

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by froggierintexas View Post
    Is there a way to find out the boyfriend's name?
    Boyfriend's name was Michael Singh.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LinasK For This Useful Post:

Kat

My sisters case has been solved,Sad to say she was murdered 3 months after she was kiddnapped.Dec12,1975 her kidnapper Micheal Herbert Singh shot her in the back of the head at Thirfty Service Station in Gallup New Mexico.She spent the next 34 years buried at Hillcrest Cemetery in Gallup New Mexico. Due to mitochondrail DNA comparison on June 4,2009 she was given her name back and her family was notifed of her location.Candy is resting with her Mother and Father who have also passed on at the Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale Calif
    I will give more details after i have my melt down.I want to Thank You All for your support and concern
    Last edited by sharistarr; 09-06-2009 at 11:43 AM.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by sharistarr View Post
    My sisters case has been solved,Sad to say she was murdered 3 months after she was kiddnapped.Dec12,1975 her kidnapper Micheal Herbert Singh shot her in the back of the head at Thirfty Service Station in Gallup New Mexico.She spent the next 34 years buried at Hillcrest Cemetery in Gallup New Mexico. Due to mitochondrail DNA comparison on June 4,2009 she was given her name back and her family was notifed of her location.Candy is resting with her Mother and Father who have also passed on at the Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale Calif
    I will give more details after i have my melt down.I want to Thank You All for your support and concern
    Shari, stay in touch. You probably don't remember me, but I used to play at your house with Candy. I'll let some of our other schoolmates know...

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LinasK For This Useful Post:

Sending love and strength, praying for all involved.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christine2448 For This Useful Post:

Condolences to the family. Was M Singh ever found and proscecuted?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Julessleuther For This Useful Post:

How terrible. I hope you are able to find some comfort in knowing what happened. So sorry....

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    I'm glad Candace finally has her name back. Prayers to her family and friends.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Julessleuther View Post
    Condolences to the family. Was M Singh ever found and proscecuted?
    No He died Missiouri State Hospital,,After killing to other women.He was never brought up on any charges of my sisters murder at all.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sharistarr For This Useful Post:

You have my sincere condolences.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cherry Baby For This Useful Post:

My deepest condolences on your loss.

God bless

fran

31. The Following User Says Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

I am so sorry.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Tranaice For This Useful Post:

{{{HUGS}}} to you and your family. I am so sorry this happened to you!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Here's a recent article regarding Candace. May she and her family finally find peace.

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/on_assi...y_200911102324

37. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fairy1 For This Useful Post:

It would be good to know more about this dirtbag, Michael Singh - such as what his history of known offenses and violence was and where his travels took him - in order to possibly solve other missing person cases and murders.

I was able to find this reference to him:

"69. Rahaman M. Muhammad murdered Michael Singh, 60, in the Biggs Forensic Unit of Fulton State Hospital which is run by the Missouri Department of Mental Health. Court papers indicated that Muhammad acknowledged killing Singh "to commit an offense that would get him out of the state hospital and into police custody."

Source:

CCHR STL Missouri psychiatric Violence

LINK:

http://www.cchrstl.org/moviolence.shtml

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

Micheal Herbert Singh was born Rupert Sookram.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...GRid=13192264&

He was Vietnam vet so there probably won't be any further info available - that's my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    It would be good to know more about this dirtbag, Michael Singh - such as what his history of known offenses and violence was and where his travels took him - in order to possibly solve other missing person cases and murders.

I was able to find this reference to him:

"69. Rahaman M. Muhammad murdered Michael Singh, 60, in the Biggs Forensic Unit of Fulton State Hospital which is run by the Missouri Department of Mental Health. Court papers indicated that Muhammad acknowledged killing Singh "to commit an offense that would get him out of the state hospital and into police custody."

Source:

CCHR STL Missouri psychiatric Violence

LINK:

http://www.cchrstl.org/moviolence.shtml
    Bolded by me. Wow.

Was this a stae mental hospital? And the guy who killed Singh would rather be in jail? How bad must have this state hospital been?

Rest in peace, Candace.
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

42. The Following User Says Thank You to ktgirl For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast