781 users online (139 members and 642 guests)  

Websleuths News

Woman traces obscene caller

Friday, March 26, 2004

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

HERMITAGE, Pa. -- A woman fed up with obscene phone calls tracked down the offender and cornered him as he made yet another call from a public phone booth, police said.

The 26-year-old Sharpsville woman received the calls regularly on Friday and Saturday between midnight and 3 a.m., police said.

The woman, whose identity was not released, had caller ID and asked the phone company to trace the number, police said.

The calls were traced to a phone booth in Hermitage, about two miles away, police said.

The phone company, at her request, forwarded calls on Friday to her cell phone.

The woman and three of her cousins staked out the phone booth and around 1:30 a.m., a former neighbor arrived and made a call, police said. The woman's cell phone rang, police said.

Family members prevented the man from leaving until police arrived.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04086/291620.stm

Way to go!

With caller ID and today's technology, I can't imagine why anyone would want to make crank calls!

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper
    Way to go!

With caller ID and today's technology, I can't imagine why anyone would want to make crank calls!
    Yeah.. it just no fun for me to make them anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Yeah.. it just no fun for me to make them anymore

LOL Cass. I remember as a preteen making the usual crank calls, i.e. "Is your refrigerator running? You better go catch it!" Also, "Do you have Prince Albert in a can? Let him out before he suffocates." It is embarrassing to think about it now.

yikes me too....we used to call people with the refrigerator joke when I was a kid. pretty innocuous I guess compared to what kids probably do with prank calls today!
    IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by gretchen
    LOL Cass. I remember as a preteen making the usual crank calls, i.e. "Is your refrigerator running? You better go catch it!" Also, "Do you have Prince Albert in a can? Let him out before he suffocates." It is embarrassing to think about it now.
    LOL Gretchen... finally I know your dark little secret

Wink Excellent..!!

Way to go, great idea that paid off..!! JERK I HOPE THEY GIVE IN JAIL TIME..!!

I would be pissed off as well, calling at 1am and 3am in the morning..!!

ALOHA !! FROM SAN DIEGO

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOOHOO, what a ride!!!"