Report labels Las Vegas a hub of child sexual trafficking

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ht...pnvchildtraffickingvegas.html?syndication=rss

More than 400 children were found working as prostitutes in Las Vegas during a single month last year, according to a national report that calls the city a hub for child sex trafficking.

and

Las Vegas was one of 10 U.S. locations for which the agency completed reports. Others included Salt Lake City, Dallas, Bexar County and Fort Worth, Texas, the New Orleans area, Clearwater, Fla., Erie County, N.Y., Independence, Mo., and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
(much more at link)

http://www.sharedhope.org/ Group responsible for the report

(Salt Lake City?!)

I shouldn't be surprised by this, but I really am. :(

Oh my gosh! I am shocked. I love Las Vegas but I won't be vacationing there next month after reading those stats. 400 children

That is so disturbing, I am surprised Detroit isnt on there. I have heard they have a child trafficking problem too.

I would like to see the actual report because I'd like to know the ages. I know a minor is a minor, but I hope we aren't talking real young children. (I know, it's ALL wrong!) I'm surprised at the other cities named as well.

One teen, one child, one child victimized, one child exploited, one child turn out on the street, is ALWAYS one child too many.

I would like to see the actual report because I'd like to know the ages. I know a minor is a minor, but I hope we aren't talking real young children. (I know, it's ALL wrong!) I'm surprised at the other cities named as well.

I know what you are saying Taximom. :(

I'm horrified by this.

If the demand for child prositutes is curtailed. Then the problem would be solved. But as we all know, child abuse and sexual abuse of children is widespread.

It is not like a child suddenly one day decides "well I am going" to sell my body.

There are usually adults involved. The children are controlled. Victimized and abused. They see no other way out.

Okay, maybe it's my jaded self that isn't surprised by Vegas or Bexar county in Texas (San Antonio area), but Buffalo? Buffalo? Salt Lake city hub of the Mormons?

Anyone from there that can possibly enlighten me?

If the demand for child prositutes is curtailed. Then the problem would be solved. But as we all know, child abuse and sexual abuse of children is widespread.

It is not like a child suddenly one day decides "well I am going" to sell my body.

There are usually adults involved. The children are controlled. Victimized and abused. They see no other way out.

Amen to that, CyberLaw. Have you read the thread about the "trampy" 13 yr old pimp yet? I haven't read the whole thing so don't know if you've made your thoughts known over there. These children are victims and should be treated as such, not punished.

I wonder if this would tie into the Maripoca Jane Doe thread at all...we have been trying to figure out if she is Michaela Garecht...

Report Labels Las Vegas a Hub of Child Sexual Trafficking
Mar 26, 2008

LAS VEGAS (AP) - More than 400 children were found working as prostitutes in Las Vegas during a single month last year.

That's according to a national report that calls the city a hubfor child sex trafficking.
Full article: click here

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back