Identified! WA - Auburn, BlkFem 99UFWA, 18-28, Green River victim, Dec'85 - Sandra Major

99UFWA.jpg

Unidentified Black Female Located on December 30, 1985 in Auburn, King County, Washington
Date of Death: 1-3 years prior to discovery (1982-1984)
She is a victim of the Green River Serial Killer
Cause of Death: Homicide
Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 18 - 28 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0 - 5'4"; 120 - 140 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Her weight, hair color and eye color are undetermined due to skeletal remains.
  • Dentals: Available
  • Other: mtDNA available
Case History

The victim was located in a ravine across from Mountain View Cemetery in Auburn, Washington on December 30, 1985.
Gary Ridgway the "Green River" killer admitted to killing Jane Doe. He claims not to remember specifics about this murder. Ridgeway is serving a life sentence for her murder.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/99ufwa.html

~ More pics/info at link
NCMEC

I was inspired by the local identification of Yakima WA Jane Doe to try to get other local Does identified. I am currently featuring Auburn Doe on my MySpace page for missing kids in the Pacific Northwest, www.myspace.com/4missingkids Within a week I got a message from someone saying they sent in a possible match. It looks really good to me, and I was wanting to get some other opinions. Also, they were told that they didn't think this girl hadn't been checked as a possible match yet. The possible match is:

VARambus.jpg

Virginia Anne Rambus
Missing since May 20, 1985 from Seattle, King County, Washington
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: June 10, 1965
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2" (157 cm); 134 lbs (61 kg)
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Black female. Black hair; brown eyes.
  • Dentals: X-rays Available
Circumstances of Disappearance
Virginia was last seen leaving her apartment to attend a party at approximately 7:00 PM on May 20, 1985.
She was a stock person at Host International.
Foul play is suspected.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2402dfwa.html
NCMEC

Looks good to me !! Keep us posted, please - I'm anxious to see the outcome of this one.

Looks like a possibility. Only difference is the body was estimated to be dead 1-3 years before discovery. She only disappeared about 6 months before discovery. Since the body was the victim of Gary Ridgway, do we know if GR was in the area about May 1985?

Wow the first picture really looks like her! Did you report this?:clap:

The only thing that doesn't quite fit is that the estimated death for the Princess Doe is from 1-3 years prior to discovery, yet if Virginia is Princess Doe she would have been dead for 7 months prior to the discovery of the remains.

Everything else works, and I see strong similarities between Virginia and the recon pics of the Princess Doe. It states that Virginia has dental x-rays available, and for all we know she may have a maternal relative that can submit mitochondrial DNA. There are dentals and mitochondrial DNA available for the Princess Doe. In any event a quick comparison of dentals for the two can lead to a quick rule in or rule out. I would submit this as a possible match.

victim2.jpg
IDENTIFIED - Sandra D. Major
BODY FOUND: 12/30/1985
DOB:
APPROXIMATE AGE:
HEIGHT:
WEIGHT:
HAIR:
EYES:
RACE: African American

King County Sheriff's Office
Major Crimes Unit
Green River Homicides Investigation
206-296-7530
Thomas.Jensen@kingcounty.gov
SUMMARY: Black (African American) or mixed raced female 18 – 24 years of age. 5’1”-5’4”.These skeletal remains were found 12-30-85 in wooded ravine near Mountain View Cemetery in Auburn, close to remains of Bones #17 and another identified Green River victim. Death probably occurred in the Spring or Summer of 1983. Dental records are available and a DNA profile has been developed by the University of North Texas and placed into CODIS. A new facial reconstruction was done by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. GARY LEON RIDGWAY admitted to this murder, pled guilty and is serving life in prison.

victim3.jpg
Unidentified Female
BODY FOUND: 1/2/1986
DOB:
APPROXIMATE AGE: 14-18
HEIGHT: 5'4"-5'8"
WEIGHT:
HAIR:
EYES:
RACE: White

King County Sheriff's Office
Major Crimes Unit
Green River Homicides Investigation
206-296-7530
Thomas.Jensen@kingcounty.gov
SUMMARY: White female 14 – 18 years of age. 5’4”-5’8”. These skeletal remains were found 1-2-86 in wooded ravine near Mountain View Cemetery in Auburn, close to remains of Bones #16 and another identified Green River victim. The victim was found during an evidence search around bones #16. Death probably occurred in the Spring or Summer of 1983. Dental records are available and a DNA profile has been developed by the University of North Texas and placed into CODIS. A new facial reconstruction was done by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. GARY LEON RIDGWAY admitted to this murder, pled guilty and is serving life in prison.

I haven't heard back from the person who submitted Virginia Rambus for this one, so I'm not sure on the status of that.

But here is another possibility. The only thing that's hanging me up on this one is the location. Other details can be found on the Doe Network sites linked below. Anyone have any thoughts???

AUBURN JANE DOE
Found December 1985 in Washington
Age 18-28
5'1" - 5'4"
120-140 lbs

KIMBERLY CARTER
Disappeared July 1984 in Missouri
Age 19
5'3"
115 lbs

All of the images on the left are of Kimberly. ALl on the right are of Auburn Jane Doe. Thoughts?

AuburnDoe.jpg

I'm just wondering if anyone submitted these tips, which have excellent potential, in my opinion.

I tried to check if either Virginia Rambus or Kimberly Carter had been checked against this Jane Doe, but I cannot find this Jane Doe on NamUs, which is where I usually check to see which missing persons have been "ruled out".

Does anyone have any info?

I'm just wondering if anyone submitted these tips, which have excellent potential, in my opinion.

I tried to check if either Virginia Rambus or Kimberly Carter had been checked against this Jane Doe, but I cannot find this Jane Doe on NamUs, which is where I usually check to see which missing persons have been "ruled out".

Does anyone have any info?

Virginia Rambus was ruled out, per another thread here.

Regarding Kimberly Carter:

Rocky with the Doe Network match panel says they have considered her, and found it to be unlikely, but they did submit the possible match to NCMEC to look into further.

I also asked him for a list of rule-outs, but did not receive one.

I saw the newly added NamUs casefile for Linda Louise Jackson.

2313125040045078242S200x200Q851.jpg

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14016/9

There were no circumstances indicated, so I googled her name, and she came up on the Green River Killer page on the King County Sheriff's website. Apparently, Linda was a suspected victim of Gary Ridgeway.

http://www.kingcounty.gov/safety/sheriff/Enforcement/Investigations/GreenRiver.aspx

As I looked over the GRK page, there was an additional photo of Linda L Jackson.

2274020500045078242S200x200Q85.jpg

There was also a mugshot of a black female whose name is unknown.

2365357540045078242S200x200Q851.jpg

This photo was taken in 1980. This female was last seen in Seattle during December of 1980. She may have gone by the first name of Michelle. She has ties to the New York area.

I bet that whoever this woman is, she is probably our UID (DoeNet 99UFWA)

2365357540045078242S200x200Q851.jpg
99UFWA.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/99ufwa.html

Great job Carl, that mugshot looks like a great shout. But surely KC LE would have made the connection themselves? Looking on the site I'd have said that Kassee Ann Lee was very like Victim #17. The links seem to be staring me in the face (given that they're separated by a few cm on the page).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back