UT - Baby "For Sale" in online classifieds - Salt Lake City

NewMommy09

Reaction score
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_8699948?source=rv

Police say the girl was listed in the "baby and children" items on www.kutv.com for $6,560. The condition of the baby was listed as "used."

I sure hope this was a joke, although how anyone could find it funny is beyond me.
Does anyone else think this looks like Acacia Bishop, the baby who was reportedly tossed into a river by her grandmother in Idaho Falls or SLC a couple years ago? I realize if alive, Acacia would be older now, but there's no telling when this picture was taken, and Acacia was never found.

Well, that is just strange. I hope LE looks into this. I am like you, NOT FUNNY. There may something was more sinister going on here. Oh I pray for the safety of this baby.

Surely, this is a joke! :eek: And this statement makes no sense to me whatsoever:

"Police want to find the girl to check on her welfare. The person who placed the ad listed a name of Pauline Burgman, but police haven't located a contact number because the listing was deleted, the news release states."

That can't be an accurate statement - you simiply google the name Pauline Burgman, and you get the cached first few lines of the add.....with the phone number! Here it is:
"KUTV Classifieds ||| America's fastest growing online classifieds

Then consider this a dream come true.Contact us asap regarding adoption!!! Rev Pauline. $6560 Pauline Burgman. (206)202-2552 Salt Lake City, UT 77017 ...
www.kutvclassifieds.com/misc/baby_children_items - 117k - Cached - Similar pages"

And then, if you google the 206 phone number, you get an add for someone adopting a
puppy. The page is no longer valid, but here is the cached page:

Beautiful female Pomeranian puppy available now for adoption

$ 0.00
s.gif
s.gif
Type

Other
s.gif
Breed

Pomeranian puppy
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif

Description
I have beautiful female Pomeranian PUPPY available now for adoption. I am totally dedicated to the Pomeranian breed. I breed for conformation, beautiful baby doll faces, heavy coats, heavy bone and great temperament & quality.AKC registered,All shots are up-to-date, Vet checked.you are free to contact any time for more information and pictures if interested.
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
Publication Source Kentucky.com Web ID CLE13ZJ4

That same phone number belongs to a lady with the initials HD (name is posted on the website) selling puppies (at least that is what the add says they are) from Washington state as of December 4, 2007.

This webpage is still viewable:
http://tinyurl.com/3xmctt

Name:H**** D*****State:WASHINGTON Phone:206-202-2552

Ad details:
LITTLE HAZEL WILL TRULY KEEP YOU IN STITCHES OF LAUGHTER WITH HER FUNNY LITTLE WAYS! SHE LOOKS, LOVE, AND INTELLIGENCE SAY "I WANNA BE IN THE MIDDLE OF IT ALL AND YOU BETTER LET ME! SHE IS SO MUCH FUN TO WATCH--SHE FINDS "PLAYMATES" EVERYWHRE! HAZEL HAS A GREAT TINY, SHORT BODY, SHORT LEGS, AND THE MOST PRECIOUS OF FACES! SHE IS ALREADY READY FOR HER NEW HOME AND WILL MAKE YOUR HOME..(AND LIFE! COMPLETE IN CHRISTMAS! SHE WILL MATURE IN THE 5 LBS. RANGE. CKC. FOR MORE INFO, EMAIL TO: ******** AND YOU WOULDN'T DISAPPOINTED TO MAKE HER YOURS AT THIS DELICATE SEASON OF THE YEAR.

Thanks Reannan,

I was boggled by that statement as well because I know you can pull up cached pages. And I'm sure the website would be able to give that info regardless.

Also, as you said, the 206 area code is not SLC. SLC is 801 area code.

Interesting that the 206 area code is for the Seattle Washington area, and there is an add for a dog from there. :waitasec:

Interesting that the 206 area code is for the Seattle Washington area, and there is an add for a dog from there. :waitasec:

Well that does keep me hopeful that this is a horrible joke. Reannan, do you think this child looks like Acacia at all?

I DO think she looks like Acacia, but the ages would be off unless the posting was of an older photograph - which is possible. This is a really strange case, isn't it?

I did send in a tip through AMW that I thought the picture looked like Acacia. Hopefully they will follow up on that. I have always thought that maybe Acacia's grandmother sold her off for drugs, to pay of a drug debt, or just to some S/O that was willing to pay for her. :(

I DO think she looks like Acacia, but the ages would be off unless the posting was of an older photograph - which is possible. This is a really strange case, isn't it?

It sure is. I am trying to look for all available pic's of Acacia, to see if I find any that match the picture in this ad. I thought maybe someone pulled it off the web as part of their joke. I've heard of other missing persons cases where people use pics of missing persons for profiles on dating sites etc. People can be so cruel and nasty.

Great job SH! You know, the thing is, you just can't assume anything anymore - even that people would be so stupid as to advertise a child in a classified add! If drugs are involved, who is to say that whoever placed the add was thinking clear at the moment??? LE needs to get to the bottom of who was playing a joke if it was a joke.

Sounds like a joke. Maybe some idiot wanted to get back at Burgman for some reason. I guess the puppy lady will have to change her phone number.

Sounds like a joke. Maybe some idiot wanted to get back at Burgman for some reason. I guess the puppy lady will have to change her phone number.

Yea....sort of sad if the puppy lady isn't involved (which she probably isn't).

http://www.kptv.com/news/15710398/detail.html

Is this the same case or a different one?

Different story. I wonder if it's the same "pranksters" involved. Can't the police get the IP addresses from Craigslist and KUTV and find out where these people are posting this crap from?

I really hope we are right and this is a sick joke. It just instantly reminded me of Acacia when I saw the picture of the KUTV baby.

It does resemble her, StillHoping. The hair and the way it lays on her forehead, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back