Actor Richard Widmark Dies

kato

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Richard Widmark died at his Conneticut home on Mon. after a lengthy illness. He was 93. His wife would not release details.

Well, at least he led a long life. I just hate it because all the good "movie stars" of the golden age are going. I wasn't even his generation but I thought he was a handsome man.

Wow, 93!!

I still remember watching him in some war movie where he kissed this girl so passionately...the way I wanted to be kissed back then (and now). Heartstopper. For me, anyway.

RIP, Richard.

Richard Widmark was a great actor and a classy gentleman. I too hate it that there is practically no one left anymore from the "Golden Age of Hollywood." I loved this quote from Mr. Widmark's NY Times obit:

In reality, the screen’s most vicious psychopath was a mild-mannered former teacher who had married his college sweetheart, the actress Jean Hazelwood, and who told a reporter 48 years later that he had never been unfaithful and had never even flirted with women because, he said, “I happen to like my wife a lot.”

I believe he was married to his first wife for 55 years before she died. His second wife was also once married to Henry Fonda.

Rest in peace, Mr. Widmark..you were a class act all the way...

The very first thing that came to mind when I heard this sad news was the episode on 'I Love Lucy' where she and Ethel take a Hollywood tour and Lucy sneaks into his yard to steal a grapefruit/orange. Naturally, Lucy somehow ends up in his house under his bear skin rug and ends up getting her stolen fruit autographed...

Ironic, the things that will trigger a memory

RIP Mr. Widmark. You will be missed

That is nice old age. RIP. Lots of memories left for others to think of him for years to come.

ahhh, he was a fine actor. He was so handsome and looked like such a sweet man. May he rest in peace.

The very first thing that came to mind when I heard this sad news was the episode on 'I Love Lucy' where she and Ethel take a Hollywood tour and Lucy sneaks into his yard to steal a grapefruit/orange. Naturally, Lucy somehow ends up in his house under his bear skin rug and ends up getting her stolen fruit autographed...

LOL!! I thought of that too when I first read about it this afternoon! What a funny episode that was..

LOL As soon as I started this thread I was reminding my BF about that "I Love Lucy" episode.

I can't remember the name of the movie or much about it but he played an insane killer. There were close ups of his face all distorted and evil looking. I think it gave me nightmares. I am sorry to hear of his passing but really glad to hear in real life he was a gentle man.

I just watched him in "Once Upon a Texas Train" with Willie Nelson, Shaun Cassidy and Angie Dickinson. He and Willie rivaled for Angie's affections. DVD says 1987 and I don't know what he's done since.

I can't remember the name of the movie or much about it but he played an insane killer. There were close ups of his face all distorted and evil looking. I think it gave me nightmares. I am sorry to hear of his passing but really glad to hear in real life he was a gentle man.

It might have been his first film in 1947, Kiss of Death. That's the only one I can think of at the moment...if it was a later film, I'm not sure off the top of my head. But he played a psychotic killer in Kiss of Death.

It might have been his first film in 1947, Kiss of Death. That's the only one I can think of at the moment...if it was a later film, I'm not sure off the top of my head. But he played a psychotic killer in Kiss of Death.

Sounds like a good movie. I'm gonna have to try and find it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrigokurita
Back