NY - gang initiation in buffalo ?

ttrachel04

Reaction score
http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=56623

Police announced possible gang initiation tonight in buffalo, ny. they said that a gang new to buffalo is having new gang members rear-end drivers, and then when they get out, assault or rob them. Even the University's websites are posting warnings to their students and have extra police patrolling the colleges areas!!!

Although police didn't say it, news stations (and people on other WNY message boards) are throwing around that it maybe MS-13. I googled "MS-13 Buffalo" and it looks like they are definitely on a rise in Buffalo.

Police announced possible gang initiation tonight in buffalo, ny. they said that a gang new to buffalo is having new gang members rear-end drivers, and then when they get out, assault or rob them. Even the University's websites are posting warnings to their students and have extra police patrolling the colleges areas!!!

Although police didn't say it, news stations (and people on other WNY message boards) are throwing around that it maybe MS-13. I googled "MS-13 Buffalo" and it looks like they are definitely on a rise in Buffalo.
ah geez..I will check in with my Buffalo relatives. In the mean time
Capps be careful! Jovin lives in Niagara and is in Buffalo from time to time so she better be careful too!

Looks like some are saying it is an urban legend..but no one is really sure at this point.

Buffalo police warn of gang rite, others call it urban legend

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - Warnings of a gang-initiation rite popped up today in western New York, North Carolina, and Florida. Some police dismissed it as an urban legend, but Buffalo police issued a public warning.
In Tallahassee, Florida, and Fayetteville, North Carolina, police said text messages and e-mails circulating about the gang activity were an urban legend and there was nothing to substantiate them.

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=8075896&nav=4QcS

hopefully it is just an urban legend gone awry.

i was also wondering tho ... if it was supposed to happen tonight, and it was called off since cops are on high alert? (i know some gang wars were supposed to happen where i used to live growing up, and didn't once police found out and put everyone on alert.)

if that is the case ... think they would just postpone it to a later day?

Looks like they'd make more money by causing someone to rear end them and then sue for whiplash. I'll bet it's an urban legend, not that it hasn't happened at times in some sort of road rage though.

Tonight i got a text about this. A co-workers son delivers pizza for Papa John's and they told this to their drivers. I have another friend who's son is also a driver - I'm calling her tonight.

I've always heard of the one about a car full of gang memebers driving with lights off and when you flash them to warn them, they shoot you as they drive by. That one has been going around for years.

I do want to say that the younger gang members are getting more bold. I work at a high school and we recently expelled gang members for initiations. They would beat the crap out of kids and each other in the bathroom and record it on their cell phone. Unbelievable.

Recently I had two instances, one on Monday, a dad called in to say his son was home from school. He got beaten up on his way home by two guys in a car that approached his son for money. He didn't have any so they beat him. Dad said he was swollen, bruised, and bloodied. One mom called her son in absent for the same reason. It happened in front of her own home.

It's starting to get bad up here in the high desert. People from east LA bought home up here cheap, and it has not been good. Thankfully a lot of homes are forclosing and maybe they'll leave! whew..off my soapbox.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giulian.57
Back