NY - Frank Mirra, 56, brutally murdered, Mount Carmel, 22 March 2008

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Forty-one year old Paula Mirra allegedly bludgeoned her husband to death and stabbed him in the groin. Frank Mirra was found by LE in the home the two shared with two other men. Yep, stabbed in the penis. Mrs. Mirra is locked up on bail thank goodness.http://www.wfsb.com/news/15713873/detail.html

How horrible. Sounds like she may have rendered him incapacitated with a sledge hammer then proceeded to stab him. Wonder what her defense will be?

He probably either cheated on her, or was forcing her to have sex with him....why else stab a guy in the penis?

He probably either cheated on her, or was forcing her to have sex with him....why else stab a guy in the penis?

You're right. He's a man. Obviously he couldn't simply be a victim. He must have done something to deserve it.

You're right. He's a man. Obviously he couldn't simply be a victim. He must have done something to deserve it.

Obviously I can't speak for Delta, but I don't think she meant the man deserved to be murdered. I don't even think she thought the guy deserved to be stabbed in the penis. You're right though, Xcom. I recall thinking Lorena Bobbitt did what she had to do. That's wrong. Nothing right about it.

March 2008:

Brewster resident Melissa Bishop, who used to live in the same building as the Mirras, said she was not that surprised to hear about the killing.

Bishop, 29, said she had to obtain a court order of protection against Pamala Murray Mirra because she was often harassed by her.

"She lived upstairs from me on Main Street in Brewster and one day when her husband went to turn in deposit bottles, she came to my apartment and wanted to come inside because she thought her husband was under my bed," Bishop said yesterday. "Another time, she came into my apartment and wrote 'Dead' on the wall. She always thought her husband was cheating on her. She'd come to my apartment and I'd called the police, but they didn't do anything and would tell me to leave her alone, even though she was harassing me."...

Frank J. Mirra had several minor run-ins with the law.

In September 1998, he was charged with assaulting his girlfriend at a Putnam Valley motel, causing a wound to her forehead that took seven stitches to close.

He had two arrests for driving while intoxicated in the mid-1990s, and in July 1990 was charged with exposing himself to a waitress at a Carmel restaurant.

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/archive.php?ac=t&forumid=124593&date=09-29-2008&t=1805898-1

April 2009:

A Lake Carmel woman accused of beating her husband to death with a sledgehammer and mutilating his genitals with a knife is awaiting a hearing in August to gauge her psychiatric progress.

Putnam County Assistant District Attorney Chana Krauss said 41-year-old Pamela Murray Mirra entered a plea in February of not responsible by reason of mental disease or defect. She was charged with murder and manslaughter.

Krauss said Murray Mirra's condition would be re-evaluated in the summer, then again in two years.

http://archive.lohud.com/article/20...al-defect-husband-s-slaying-awaits-evaluation

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back