FL FL - Jeffrey Klee, 18, Coral Springs, 21 June 1977

Ms Suzanne

Reaction score
hi
Does anyone know more on this or can keep us posted on this?On the link in the video it said the van fell apart when it hit the ground and they said it was in the canal for possible several years.I wonder how long they think several years are.Didn't they say in the video they did not know who this person was?who is missing from coral springs?

TAMARAC - A van containing several bones that appear to be human was pulled out of a canal Tuesday morning and is linked to a missing person case out of Coral Springs, police said this afternoon.

Investigators now are trying to determine whether foul play may have been involved in the case, said Sgt. Joe McHugh, Coral Springs police spokesman.

Investigators also are working to ID the bones through DNA, which may take several months, McHugh added.

The van was one of several cars removed from the canal along the western stretch of Southgate Boulevard earlier today.

Related links
Bones found in vehicle being pulled from canal in Coral Springs Video
BSO pulls 70 cars out of canal Video
Cars removed from the canal Photos
Broward Sheriff's divers, who are heading the operation, have identified about 70 cars submerged in the stretch of the canal roughly between Pine Island Drive and the Sawgrass Expressway, and by this afternoon had removed more than 30, officials said..

Coral Springs police and the state's Department of Environmental Protection also are involved in the dive
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/bro...0,5189249.story

Canal Bones May Be Linked To 30-Year Old Mystery
CORAL SPRINGS (CBS4) ¯ In Coral Springs, police went fishing in a local canal for the past two days and came up with quite a catch. The department found dozens of cars and a van containing several bones that appear to be human.

The bones may be linked to a missing person case out of Coral Springs, a case that is three decades old.

Coral Springs police say the owner of the van was reported missing in the late 1970's. Police worked with divers from the Broward Sheriff's Office to look through the wreckage in the canal, located along Southgate Boulevard, for vehicles that may have been driven into the canal or dumped into the canal for insurance fraud or other crimes.

Coral Springs police say they have notified the family of the person who owned the van, but they are not saying for certain if the bones are the remains of the van's owner.

Investigators are working to identify the bones through DNA. Police say that can taken several months.

http://cbs4.com/local/coral.springs.body.2.685695.html
(© MMVIII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

Hi

WOW.this was a 30 year old missing persons case.

Bones Found In Canal Identified

CORAL SPRINGS (CBS4) ― Coral Springs Police say the van discovered in a canal was registered to Jeff W. Klee. He was reported missing in June of 1977. His sister is Sgt. Cyndy Klee of the Coral Springs Police Department.

"Everyone always wonders what happened to Jeff...didn't know he was still in our own backyard," said friend Louis Greco.

Greco says Kell was a student at Coconut Creek High School, but that he disappeared one day out of the blue. "He vanished off the face of the earth one day. Just disappeared off the face of the earth," Greco said.

Police worked with divers from the Broward Sheriff's Office to look through the wreckage in the canal, located along Southgate Boulevard, for vehicles that may have been driven into the canal or dumped into the canal for insurance fraud or other crimes.

(© MMVIII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

70 vehicles?!?
Good grief.
Reminds me of that case in Boca Raton a few years back where that van containing human bones was pulled from a canal.
It was four teens who had been missing since 1979.
I remember reading about this when it happened but havent been able to find anything on the net when I just looked for reference.

70 vehicles?!?
Good grief.
Reminds me of that case in Boca Raton a few years back where that van containing human bones was pulled from a canal.
It was four teens who had been missing since 1979.
I remember reading about this when it happened but havent been able to find anything on the net when I just looked for reference.

I remember that one too. That was horribly tragic.

I always think about things like this when I read that a missing person was last seen driving to such and such a place. I think accidents like this are a big part of the missing persons.

God bless his family and friends.

How deep is this canal that there can be 70 cars down there and them not sticking up? WOW!

Thanks Amanda!
'97...Wow time is getting away from me the older I get.I thought it was just a few years ago I heard about it...
Five kids.What a tragedy.
Im still amazed there could be 70 cars in one stretch of canal.
Do they have someone directing traffic in Florida so you can drive cars into the canal in an orderly fashion?
It seems like the potential for snarled traffic near the canal would be pretty high during peak hours for automobile submersion.
The town I live in has three car dealerships and I doubt there are 70 new cars in the lots of all three combined!
Amazing.
You know Ive never been to Florida and Im sure its a fine place but one would sure get a strange impression of it if you went by nothing but the posts on this board.
Canals full of automobiles and unidentified human remains laying about every three yards or so and apparently over the last thirty years two thirds of the state's population has disappeared without a trace.
I know Im over stating this but it doesnt seem like by much.

I'm not sure the article is putting the attorney's statements in the right context.

Anyway I'm a bit surprised that statute of limitations is so short for manslaughter in Florida but well, if Cusanelli did kill Klee in a fight it is manslaughter and he can't be charged :(

I'm not sure the article is putting the attorney's statements in the right context.

Anyway I'm a bit surprised that statute of limitations is so short for manslaughter in Florida but well, if Cusanelli did kill Klee in a fight it is manslaughter and he can't be charged :(

Disposing of the body and not being truthful should add more to the charges. IMO. This disallows a mere nod of the head and suggests that there is more to this story.

Manslaughter is murder. Whether there is justification or not. When a person goes the extra mile to conceal then that person should be looked at harder. For motive, for flight to avoid justice or for something. The victim deserves forethought.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back