OH - Child Abuse Caught On Cell Phone Video

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.woio.com/Global/story.asp?S=8079723
The video shows the little girl's head in a toilet bowl and a woman repeatedly slamming the lid down on the child's head.
Cruel laughter can be heard in the background as the little girl cries for mercy.
Another video shows the child being grabbed roughly by her underpants and swung around.
The father believes a friend of the child's mother is to blame for the unspeakable acts - while another person videotaped the abuse.
The little girl is fine - her father tells 19 Action News he did not see any visible injuries on his daughter.
(more plus pics and video at link)

:behindbar

You know... maybe it's bad quality video... but quite honestly, this doesn't look like abuse to me. I watched the first "raw video" link. It looks like they were playing around. The toilet seat doesn't appear to be being "slammed" down, but gently done. The laughter actually sounds like the child laughing... I have a feeling a big "to-do" is being made over misinterpretation.

The little girl was crying and screaming for her mommy. The adults were laughing like it was funny that this little girl was scared out of her little mind? I'm glad the dad found the video and is going to do something about it. Poor little girl.

The little girl was crying and screaming for her mommy. The adults were laughing like it was funny that this little girl was scared out of her little mind? I'm glad the dad found the video and is going to do something about it. Poor little girl.

I agree, I don't think this was a misinterpretation of the video.

Wow. I dont think the child was enjoying any of it. I did hear a child laughing but I dont think it is the child with her head in the toilet. It looks like these things may have been done as a joke but they are not funny. I know if I saw a video of my child like this, someone would be in big trouble. The person doing this doesn't seem very old himself but its hard to tell his age from the video.

The whole thing is a little weird. So the father "stumbled" upon a cell phone in a relative's car and watched a video that was recorded on it (how often do you grab other people's phones and help yourself to its content?) and then sells it to a TV station (in the article the station boasts about it being exclusive to them). I'm not sure what to think but I have the feeling it's blown out of proportion.

Wow. I dont think the child was enjoying any of it. I did hear a child laughing but I dont think it is the child with her head in the toilet. It looks like these things may have been done as a joke but they are not funny. I know if I saw a video of my child like this, someone would be in big trouble. The person doing this doesn't seem very old himself but its hard to tell his age from the video.

I agree. The child was not physically harmed...unless she suffered a wedgie. IMO it's innapropriate.

You know... maybe it's bad quality video... but quite honestly, this doesn't look like abuse to me. I watched the first "raw video" link. It looks like they were playing around. The toilet seat doesn't appear to be being "slammed" down, but gently done. The laughter actually sounds like the child laughing... I have a feeling a big "to-do" is being made over misinterpretation.

You don't think that's abusive?
How about you letting someone 3-4 times your weight and height hold your head in the toilet with the nasty seat on your shoulders. Bet you'll think it's abuse then.
I see nothing funny about abuse.

The toilet part seemed staged to me, but the other part where he pours something on her and swings her around, she is clearly crying and wanting it to stop. You can also see her rubbing her arm at the end like it hurt. I hope they get to the bottom of this.

Anyone who uses a child for their "entertainment" is abusing that child.

Put yourself in that little girl's shoes and ask yourself, "would I be enjoying that interaction with the people in control?".

Seems pretty clear to me, in my most humble opinion only.

My brother and I rough-housed a lot when our parents weren't around. We didn't dare do that kind of stuff when they were around! IMO I think this is abusive. Maybe not as horrible as we've seen here, but I wouldn't want anyone doing that to any of my children....

people that hurt kids for pleasure are abusive. if you enjoy pinching, sticking with a neddle, sticking a hot match to, or kicking a child it is abuse. some abuse is worse but it is abuse. kids may still love the person that hurts them that will not make it ok. taking pleasure from the pain of others, expecially the helpless is just wrong. children often tease and torment others to make themselves feel better. by the time we reach adulthood we should realize this behavior is cruel.

to swing a small child around while pulling her undergarment into her bottom and groin while she screams for her mother is abuse. i do not see how the fact the adult in the video enjoyed it changes it somehow.

The mother was in the room. That irritates the heck out of me!!

Perhaps this case is one that begs the definition of "abuse". The child does not bleed, and reportedly suffers no lasting harm from this disgusting episode. There are many children who endure far worse than this. There are many posters on this board who have suffered far worse than this. With all of that said, I still find this video to be disturbing and disgusting. I guess I place myself in that child's place - at that age - coming up to an adult (authority figure) to receive and give a kiss; only to find my head forced into the toilet and the lid closed at least twice on my back and shoulders. That would be a terrible experience for that child. The fact that the "father" found the cell phone, and that the "mother" was allegedly heard off camera in the scene where the child was lifted by her underpants really does scream scam. But then again - in a dysfunctional family, this may be perfectly normal. It is most certainly NOT normal for a child of this age to be part of abuse like this.....or a scam like this. The child HAD to be scared. People, are the reason I find animals to be noble. :furious:

Perhaps this case is one that begs the definition of "abuse". The child does not bleed, and reportedly suffers no lasting harm from this disgusting episode. There are many children who endure far worse than this. There are many posters on this board who have suffered far worse than this. With all of that said, I still find this video to be disturbing and disgusting. I guess I place myself in that child's place - at that age - coming up to an adult (authority figure) to receive and give a kiss; only to find my head forced into the toilet and the lid closed at least twice on my back and shoulders. That would be a terrible experience for that child. The fact that the "father" found the cell phone, and that the "mother" was allegedly heard off camera in the scene where the child was lifted by her underpants really does scream scam. But then again - in a dysfunctional family, this may be perfectly normal. It is most certainly NOT normal for a child of this age to be part of abuse like this.....or a scam like this. The child HAD to be scared. People, are the reason I find animals to be noble. :furious:
i dont think the fact it may be a scam factors into the question of abuse only of who is responcable for the abuse. i also agree with the fact we see worse but that never makes stuff like this ok.

i dont think the fact it may be a scam factors into the question of abuse only of who is responcable for the abuse. i also agree with the fact we see worse but that never makes stuff like this ok.

But Sherri, I just can't stand the idea of how horrible it would be if the mother and father BOTH conspired to do this to the child for the media attention!!! I would hate them for that!

But Sherri, I just can't stand the idea of how horrible it would be if the mother and father BOTH conspired to do this to the child for the media attention!!! I would hate them for that!
it would be nice to think the child has 1 parent that looks out for them. too often that is not the case.

Anyone who uses a child for their "entertainment" is abusing that child.

Put yourself in that little girl's shoes and ask yourself, "would I be enjoying that interaction with the people in control?".

Amen :clap:

Yeah it might not be physical abuse but definately mental. I didn't like the vibe of that video at all. You could see the little girl standing there lost not knowing what to do. I hate like that I just wanted to grab her out of that video and hug her and tell her come on i'll protect you! :mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back