768 users online (176 members and 592 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lawmaker works to make bestiality illegal in Florida

http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstor...9-cfee715548e8
    JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Representative Bill Heller is in Tallahassee fighting to make people pay the ultimate price for sexually abusing animals.

"Floridians need to be aware. It's not a joke, it's real. It happens, and it's happening. We need power to punish people who treat animals this way," Heller said.

He is proposing a zero-tolerance policy on bestiality that would make sexual contact between a human and an animal a first-degree felony, punishable by life in prison or even death.

You mean bestiality isn't illegal in Fla. now?
    I thought it illegal in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    You mean bestiality isn't illegal in Fla. now?
    I thought it illegal in all states.
    the link said only 34 states have laws against it.

That surprises the heck outta me.

Quote Originally Posted by sherri79 View Post
    He is proposing a zero-tolerance policy on bestiality that would make sexual contact between a human and an animal a first-degree felony, punishable by life in prison or even death.
    I didn't realize bestiality wasn't illegal in every state already. I certainly don't have any problem with this law at all, but why can't they also make one where sexual contact with a CHILD is punishable by life in prison or even death? Why can we do this for animals and not for our children?

Quote Originally Posted by sillygoose View Post
    I didn't realize bestiality wasn't illegal in every state already. I certainly don't have any problem with this law at all, but why can't they also make one where sexual contact with a CHILD is punishable by life in prison or even death? Why can we do this for animals and not for our children?
    Good question!!! Maybe people in FL need to write the guy who is pushing this bill and ask him that very question!!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

OMG! You HAVE to go look at the picture with that story! LOL

http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstor...9-cfee715548e8
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Punishable by DEATH?

What is this world coming to?

Ok, seriously here...where the heck are all of these sickos coming from? Is anyone else surprised this is only illegal in 34 states? Plus why would this be punishable by death yet we are, imo, letting pedo. off with a slap?

I am with GlitchWizard. What is this world coming to?
    "The greatest crimes do not arise from a want of feeling for others but from
    over-sensibility for ourselves and an over-indulgence to our own desires."
    ~~ Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Pocono Sleuther View Post
    Ok, seriously here...where the heck are all of these sickos coming from? Is anyone else surprised this is only illegal in 34 states? Plus why would this be punishable by death yet we are, imo, letting pedo. off with a slap?

I am with GlitchWizard. What is this world coming to?
    When "researching" a guy I thought I'd like to date, I ran his email address through google and found he was registered on a board for beastiality. I was shocked (and sickened) that these people said they LOVED (loved, like "oh, I love you" loved) their animals. It was like reading about someone dating. *hurl*

I didn't go out with him.

I thought it was illegal everywhere. Some counseling, some jail time, a great big fine and perhaps some kind of probation. Not death. People don't get death for selling crack to ten year olds - so putting peanut butter on your genitals and yelling "treat time" to fido certainly doesn't seem like a death penalty offense to me.

Doesn't seem like an activity I'd plan for my weekend, either.

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard View Post
    When "researching" a guy I thought I'd like to date, I ran his email address through google and found he was registered on a board for beastiality. I was shocked (and sickened) that these people said they LOVED (loved, like "oh, I love you" loved) their animals. It was like reading about someone dating. *hurl*

I didn't go out with him.

I thought it was illegal everywhere. Some counseling, some jail time, a great big fine and perhaps some kind of probation. Not death. People don't get death for selling crack to ten year olds - so putting peanut butter on your genitals and yelling "treat time" to fido certainly doesn't seem like a death penalty offense to me.

Doesn't seem like an activity I'd plan for my weekend, either.

OMG. LMAO!
    "The greatest crimes do not arise from a want of feeling for others but from
    over-sensibility for ourselves and an over-indulgence to our own desires."
    ~~ Edmund Burke

This was an eye opener for me. I thought bestiality was just plain illegal everywhere. Why the heck wouldn't it be illegal? They pass some really stupid laws and forget to draft something like this? In Ohio it is legal if the animal survives for something like 36 hours. In Texas, Pennsylvania, Kentucky and Tennessee the bestiality laws were repealed as unconstitutional in most cases. What knuckleheads made bestiality a state protected right?

I am glad that he is doing this cuz man this world is a disgusting place.

Bestiality closer to becoming illegal in Florida

The act of bestiality is a step closer to becoming illegal in Florida now that a Senate committee voted to slap a third-degree felony charge on anyone who has sex with animals.
    Florida is one of only 16 states that still permit bestiality – a fact that animal-rights activist and Sunrise Sen. Nan Rich learned to her horror when a Panhandle man three years ago was suspected of accidentally asphyxiating a family goat with which he was copulating.
    The House version of the bill was introduced by Rep. William Snyder, R-Stuart.
    “There’s a tremendous correlation between sexually deviant behavior and crimes against children and crimes against animals,” said Rich, a Sunrise Democrat. “This is long overdue. These are heinous crimes. And people belong in jail.” http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2009/mar/...bullard-oh-my/

I'm just stunned to learn it IS legal in some states!!!!?????

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast