1239 users online (258 members and 981 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

GA - Thomas G. Campbell, 37, Cleveland, March 2008

The body of a missing Cleveland man has been found off Georgia Highway 52 in North Hall.

Maj. Jeff Strickland of the Hall County Sheriff's Office said the man was reported missing to the Cleveland Police Department Wednesday.

He said the man's pickup was spotted in the Glade Shoals area Thursday afternoon, which prompted a large scale ground search.

http://www.accessnorthga.com/detail.php?n=208454&c=10

Cleveland man’s body recovered

A Cleveland man who was reported missing by his wife Wednesday is believed to have fallen to his death at Glade Shoals near Ga. 52 east of Clermont, authorities said after recovering his body Thursday.

The 37-year-old man, whose name was being withheld by authorities Thursday night pending notification of family, was likely photographing the shoals when he lost his footing on the slick rocks and fell down a 150-foot drop-off, Hall County Sheriff’s Maj. Jeff Strickland said.

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/news/article/4483/

How sad!

OK, there must be another "Cleveland" in GA, because I haven't heard about this guy on the news. How sad though.

I'm going nuts cause they know who he is since he had been reported missing on Wed. I can't find anyone missing from Cleveland (GA) on Wed. That is how poor the first response is for the missing. Seems it should have been reported somewhere that he was missing.

Chico, it wouldn't even have surprised me if this had been in Ohio. You should have seen the lackluster performance by our news media when Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus went missing. After about a week, they didn't even make it to the top 7 minutes of the newscast. I totally understand the whole "runaway teen" issue, but there's also an older african-american woman missing from here (under suspicious circumstances IIRC) that never got the media attention she deserves.

Authorities ID Cleveland man found dead near waterfall

Authorities have identified the Cleveland man who was found dead at the foot of the waterfall at Glade Shoals on Georgia Highway 52 Thursday evening.

Hall County Sheriff's Maj. Jeff Strickland said 37-year-old Thomas G. Campbell had been reported missing to the Cleveland Police Department and had last been heard from at 3:15 p.m. Wednesday.

http://www.accessnorthga.com/detail.php?n=208454&c=10