1042 users online (211 members and 831 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,395

    "The last time that I checked, a nipple was not a dangerous weapon"

    LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- A Texas woman who said she was forced to remove a nipple ring with pliers in order to board an airplane called Thursday for an apology by federal security agents and a civil rights investigation.

    http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/27/nip....ap/index.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,705
    "After nipple rings are inserted, the skin can often heal around the piercing, and the rings can be extremely difficult and painful to remove," Allred said in the letter."


    Only if you let them heal wrong. No piercing is suppose to be left to heal like that.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,179
    god no, they are supposed to rotate. there is something seriously wrong with a piercing if you can't move it. How could you possibly clean the darn thing?
    Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities ~ Voltaire

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Mid Mon Valley, PA
    Posts
    236
    I had to read the article to see which type of piercing she had to remove. The one she needed the pliers for was a ring which is sometimes hard to remove without some help. I'm goint to go all TMI here, so if anybody would rather remain in the dark about my body piercings, just don't read the next part m'kay?

    I had this happen when I tried to change a nipple ring. It healed just fine, but I couldn't get the damn ball in the center of the ring off. We had to use pliers as well. It hurt quite a bit and I've never used a ring since. I can see how this could happen. Why they would maker her remove it beyond me. They aren't sharp or particularly pointy. Makes no sense to me at all.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,393
    There is a thread on this already, here:

    http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62550

    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Eire View Post
    I had to read the article to see which type of piercing she had to remove. The one she needed the pliers for was a ring which is sometimes hard to remove without some help. I'm goint to go all TMI here, so if anybody would rather remain in the dark about my body piercings, just don't read the next part m'kay?

    I had this happen when I tried to change a nipple ring. It healed just fine, but I couldn't get the damn ball in the center of the ring off. We had to use pliers as well. It hurt quite a bit and I've never used a ring since. I can see how this could happen. Why they would maker her remove it beyond me. They aren't sharp or particularly pointy. Makes no sense to me at all.
    I m trying to figure out exactly what type of danger a nipple ring poses to passengers on a plane??

    Unless your boarding to join the mile high club I do not see the risk?????

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    7,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
    I m trying to figure out exactly what type of danger a nipple ring poses to passengers on a plane??

    Unless your boarding to join the mile high club I do not see the risk?????
    O/T Pssst. I'm in chat.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,705
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMush99 View Post
    O/T Pssst. I'm in chat.
    LOL Psst.. so am I!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    I have never been asked to take out my earrings. I think someone was getting their jollies off on this one.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    OMGOSH! I just thought ... what if it was a "Prince Albert" piercing?

    CAUTION photo at link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Albert_piercing


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,395
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRose99 View Post
    There is a thread on this already, here:

    http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62550
    Ah, you're right. I'm sorry.

    My title is much cooler.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,918
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmom View Post
    I have never been asked to take out my earrings. I think someone was getting their jollies off on this one.
    I think you're right.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Mid Mon Valley, PA
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
    I m trying to figure out exactly what type of danger a nipple ring poses to passengers on a plane??

    Unless your boarding to join the mile high club I do not see the risk?????
    None that I can figure. The occasional ouchie when it gets caught on things, but that's hardly a risk to the safety and well-being of the entire flight.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,551
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmom View Post
    OMGOSH! I just thought ... what if it was a "Prince Albert" piercing?

    CAUTION photo at link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Albert_piercing

    Oh my
    The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
    Bertrand Russell

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Glow View Post
    Oh my
    Told you so . . . .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-28-2016, 02:28 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-08-2015, 04:56 PM
  3. Oculolinctus -- Dangerous new "fad" among teens
    By Sonya610 in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-01-2013, 02:35 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-23-2012, 10:06 PM
  5. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 02:11 AM