Thread: 13 arrested for rape/sex charges of two 12yo & one 14yo girls

13 arrested for rape/sex charges of two 12yo & one 14yo girls

I wanted to start this thread as this case gives me mixed emotions. The one adult, Cavin Smith, is clearly a sexual predator and deserves to have the book thrown at him. He was already brought up on charges for sexual relations with a 13 yo last summer. The rest of the offenders were aged 16 or 17 at the time of the contact with the girls. They apparently met the girls through myspace. Myspace rules say you have to be 14 to have a profile, the girls' profiles listed their ages as 16 & 17, and supposedly when asked, claimed they were 16 & 17. Their profiles have suggestive photos of themselves as well as playboy graphics. Police say the sex was totally consensual, but because two of the girls were 12 at the time, the males will have to register as sexual offenders for the rest of their lives. It's hard to imagine a 12 year old girl being so promiscuous. Something just seems very wrong, like why would they be so sexually active at such an early age, unless this is the way they've been taught how to get attention from the men in their lives. Maybe that is over reaching, but it also is disturbing that no one was keeping up with what they were doing or who they were hanging out with. Apparently the comments on the myspace pages were pretty explicit in what was going on with all of them.

Four charged in rape case

"every night I be crying!" - Perez McCole, suspect

Quote Originally Posted by hollyjokers View Post
    I wanted to start this thread as this case gives me mixed emotions. The one adult, Cavin Smith, is clearly a sexual predator and deserves to have the book thrown at him. He was already brought up on charges for sexual relations with a 13 yo last summer. The rest of the offenders were aged 16 or 17 at the time of the contact with the girls. They apparently met the girls through myspace. Myspace rules say you have to be 14 to have a profile, the girls' profiles listed their ages as 16 & 17, and supposedly when asked, claimed they were 16 & 17. Their profiles have suggestive photos of themselves as well as playboy graphics. Police say the sex was totally consensual, but because two of the girls were 12 at the time, the males will have to register as sexual offenders for the rest of their lives. It's hard to imagine a 12 year old girl being so promiscuous. Something just seems very wrong, like why would they be so sexually active at such an early age, unless this is the way they've been taught how to get attention from the men in their lives. Maybe that is over reaching, but it also is disturbing that no one was keeping up with what they were doing or who they were hanging out with. Apparently the comments on the myspace pages were pretty explicit in what was going on with all of them.

Four charged in rape case

"every night I be crying!" - Perez McCole, suspect
    When are people going to get it, that sex brings responsibility - and consequences?

Where are the parents with the girls? And consensual or not 12 is too young to be having sex -

If it was obviously just a sex hook up - why didn't the boys ask for ID or something? It certainly doesn't seem like there was a relationship.

What a mess....