814 users online (139 members and 675 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

AZ - Vincent Lettieri, 24, Phoenix, 19 Jan 2008

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/s...n.6d2ab98.html

27 March 08

The Phoenix Police Department is asking for the public's help in locating a missing person.

Vincent Lettieri, 24, traveled to Phoenix from New York on Jan. 18 and has not been seen or heard from since Jan. 19.

Lettieri is 5 feet 10 inches tall, 200 pounds, with hazel eyes and brown hair.

He was driving a 2003 gray four-door Nissan Sentra with New York license plate CCL2493.

Detective Stacie Derge said his family is concerned because it is unusual for them not to hear from him for such a long time.

Lettieri reportedly had plans to work as a server at a local restaurant and to get an apartment.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Phoenix Police Department Missing Persons Unit at 602-261-8042 or after hours 602-262-6141.

pic

There are lots of people leaving memorial comments on his myspace but I can't find an update confirming that he has passed away.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=67028990

Quote Originally Posted by EdinburghLass View Post
    There are lots of people leaving memorial comments on his myspace but I can't find an update confirming that he has passed away.

Yes, that is weird, isn't it? Looks like they would be hopeful instead of assuming he is dead...unless they know something that hasn't been reported yet.

Lightbulb

There must be some news about Vincent that hasn't hit the public yet - All those posters on V's Myspace seem pretty convinced that he has gone beyond the pale - all the comments about RIP - So sad - I wonder what happened?

Someone on another board found this article. I wonder if it is related.

The body of a man was found in a Phoenix mountain preserve Thursday afternoon.

Police said that a detective found the man's body at about 9:30 a.m. in a ravine area near 15th Street and Cheryl Avenue. Officials said it appears that the body had been there for several weeks. The man has not yet been identified.

Officials were not ruling it as a homicide and were waiting for autopsy results.

Police said they were investigating a possible connection to a missing person report.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/n...found0327.html

In reading the myspace entries, it almost seems like they feel he committed suicide, alot of references to "I hope your happy where you are now" and I hope your restlessness has faded."
    If anyone from the family is reading this, my sincere condolences, he's in my prayers today.

I just emailed a friend called Meghan who left him a message back in Sept. that she heard he wasn't feeling all that well. Hopefully she'll give me some answers. I'll let you guys know. Inquiring Websleuthers want to know.

edited to add: another comment from this meghan: First of all, the comment below mine is hilarious....I miss working with you guys! Second, where are you and when are you coming home?? I am not hearing good things, I better hear from you soon.......we miss you!!!
    Last edited by kahskye; 04-01-2008 at 07:57 PM. Reason: add

Neither can I! Like I have nothing else to do, I got obsessed trying to find out some info on him. The only record of a death in NY is an 84 yr old man. Nothing comes up in AZ. I'm hoping I'll hear back from one of his myspace friends.

According to this article, he is still missing.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/homepag...n.6d2ab98.html
    Last edited by kahskye; 04-01-2008 at 09:55 PM. Reason: add info

Well, I tried emailing one of the friends on myspace. I didn't mean any harm, just concerned about Vincent. Her reply was that she declined to comment. I wonder what that means?

She probably doesn't want to respond to a stranger- no offense.

First of all it is 1 thing to talk to strangers on here about people you dont know it is quite another to contact friends and family of a missing (or worse) person. Please respect privacy and dont mask morbid fascination with concern. The detective in this case gave us unconfirmed news the other day and we are waiting for more investigation. I have no problem letting people know whats going on when its time to, please respect us.

I tend to agree - putting myself in their shoes, I would be offended if a stranger contacted me to get an update on the situation. We should hear something public and official soon.

Thoughts and prayers to Vincent's friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by metoo View Post
    First of all it is 1 thing to talk to strangers on here about people you dont know it is quite another to contact friends and family of a missing (or worse) person. Please respect privacy and dont mask morbid fascination with concern. The detective in this case gave us unconfirmed news the other day and we are waiting for more investigation. I have no problem letting people know whats going on when its time to, please respect us.
    I'm sorry, just truly cared if he was ok like I do so many cases. I would have never asked one of the friends if I hadn't seen so many posts on his myspace. I thought something was made public. Out of the respect I should have had, I'll leave this thread. Prayers to all who loved Vincent.

Found deceased

On 3-27-08 we put out a missing person flyer asking for the publicís help in locating a missing 24 year old man that had traveled to Phoenix from New York in January (flyer attached-please cancel). That same day we found a body in the mountain preserve area just east of 15 th St and Cheryl.

Today we have received confirmation through dental records that it is the body of the missing 24 year old man, Vincent Lettieri. Our missing persons detectives have been in contact with his family and they are aware of the situation. Vincentís death was ruled accidental due to blunt force trauma and a skull fracture. It appears as though he fell from the mountain.

More at link: http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/s...e.759b265.html

kaelee

Thanks for the update, kaelee.

Hoppy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast