The Oddest Book Title Award Goes To...

White Rain

Reaction score
LONDON — Good advice? Maybe. Oddest book title of 2007 — that's official.
"If You Want Closure in Your Relationship, Start With Your Legs" has won the Diagram Prize for the oddest title of the year, The Bookseller magazine announced Friday.
Big Boom, the apparently pseudonymous author, calls it a "self-help book, written by a man for the benefit of women."
It's a book, he writes, that is "raw, honest and about you," distilling "the sweat off my back, the wrinkles in my forehead from anger and thinking all the time."
The title triumphed in a public vote over runner-up "I Was Tortured by the Pygmy Love Queen" and the third-place finisher, "Cheese Problems Solved."
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,343029,00.html

This flashed across the screen last night while we were having pizza with a large group of friends (and all the kiddos!) and I almost choked to death.

Could I have sued Fox? :waitasec:

What a great title. I wonder what the actual book is like.

LoL I like it!!!!

The title kind of reminds of the many pearls of wisdom that the elderly Fruitcake Lady would share on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

Yeah, it was cute.
I also laugh everytime I see the book "Me talk pretty one day." Although I have yet to read it!!!!!

LoL I like it!!!!

The title kind of reminds of the many pearls of wisdom that the elderly Fruitcake Lady would share on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

I loved the Fruitcake Lady, would stay up just to see her. :)

Yeah, it was cute.
I also laugh everytime I see the book "Me talk pretty one day." Although I have yet to read it!!!!!

OMG!! You have to read that book!! It is the funniest best book ever! David Sedaris is one of my all time favorite authors.

OMG!! You have to read that book!! It is the funniest best book ever! David Sedaris is one of my all time favorite authors.

Is it? I had heard that, but for some reason (don't know what) I was reluctant to read it.
Are all his books good?

LONDON — Good advice? Maybe. Oddest book title of 2007 — that's official.
"If You Want Closure in Your Relationship, Start With Your Legs" has won the Diagram Prize for the oddest title of the year, The Bookseller magazine announced Friday.

The title is so self explanatory its probably equivalent to actually reading the book.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back