907 users online (177 members and 730 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Angry GA - Molester works with children, gets arrested again

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_...storyid=113687

Brown was working as an intern at the Stone Mountain Immediate Care Clinic on North Hairston Road. DeKalb County police say that, on Wednesday, Brown was able to get an eleven year old patient alone with him.

According to police, Brown fondled the boy. The boy later told his mother. She called police.

Police interviewed Brown and, they say, he told them he was convicted in 2000, in Maryland, of child molestation, and was a registered sex offender.
    (much more plus pic at link)

well isnt that just freakin peachy. this is why i say list do not work. it gives us a false sence of security when what would actually make us safer is if these freaks never left prison!

Quote Originally Posted by sherri79 View Post
    well isnt that just freakin peachy. this is why i say list do not work. it gives us a false sence of security when what would actually make us safer is if these freaks never left prison!
    from the article
    North Carolina’s on-line sex offender registry shows that the last time anyone there verified Byron Brown’s address was April 30, 2007. There is nothing in the records to indicate that North Carolina ever knew Brown had moved away.

And even though Brown was originally convicted of child molestation in Maryland, there is no record of him anywhere in Maryland’s on-line sex offender registry, including in the section that is supposed to track offenders after they leave Maryland.
    I think there should be an island - a self sustaining island - ship 'em out.

Quote Originally Posted by sherri79 View Post
    I agree that the list does not work, sherri.

I have to ask myself why no background check was performed on this employee. Most medical offices do background checks - for good reason. I would think that this child's family could sue for damages. My prayers for the young boy.

ETA - in rereading the article, I see he was there on an internship, so I understand a little better why the background check wasn't performed. Still - it should be, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    I agree that the list does not work, sherri.

I have to ask myself why no background check was performed on this employee. Most medical offices do background checks - for good reason. I would think that this child's family could sue for damages. My prayers for the young boy.

ETA - in rereading the article, I see he was there on an internship, so I understand a little better why the background check wasn't performed. Still - it should be, IMHO.
    most back ground checks are only state wide. having left the state he was registred in a check may not have helped.

Youth Pastor, and he worked at another clinic in Atlanta? How many parents right now have the task of somehow finding out if their children were harmed by this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Youth Pastor, and he worked at another clinic in Atlanta? How many parents right now have the task of somehow finding out if their children were harmed by this guy?
    I couldn't even imagine the pain/fear...every single night I pray to God to please let my babies be safe physically, sexually and emotionally, and that if they must suffer anything to please let me suffer it for them.