936 users online (122 members and 814 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Free web version of Photoshop launches

I've always wanted to play around w/Photoshop but never bought it. Here's an easier (beta) version available to anyone for free!
    http://www.11alive.com/tech/article_...storyid=113597
    SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- The maker of the popular photo-editing software Photoshop on Thursday launched a basic version available for free online.

San Jose, Calif.-based Adobe Systems Inc. says it hopes to boost its name recognition among a new generation of consumers who edit, store and share photos online.

While Photoshop is designed for trained professionals, Adobe says Photoshop Express, which it launched in a "beta" test version, is easier to learn. User comments will be taken into account for future upgrades.

Photoshop Express will be completely Web-based so consumers can use it with any type of computer, operating system and browser. And, once they register, users can get to their accounts from different computers.

and

Adobe says providing Photoshop Express for free is part marketing and part a strategy to create up-sell opportunities. It hopes some customers will move from it to boxed software like its $99 Photoshop Elements or to a subscription-based version of Express that's in the works.

Ron Glaz, a research analyst at IDC, says the move was necessary for Adobe to keep pace. Users are less likely to switch to a software they aren't familiar with, he said. (more info at link)

Photoshop Express

I LOVE Photoshop! I'm glad they've come up with a free version.

Southwestern Maine is home but I'm not there nearly often enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    San Jose, Calif.-based Adobe Systems Inc. says it hopes to boost its name recognition among a new generation of consumers who edit, store and share photos online.
    I think Photoshop's name recognition among anyone regardless of age is alive and well: due to its outrageous retail price it's one of the most pirated software in the world.

Don't use it just yet.

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9906064-7.html

Adobe does not claim ownership of Your Content. However, with respect to Your Content that you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Services, you grant Adobe a worldwide, royalty-free, nonexclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable license to use, distribute, derive revenue or other remuneration from, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display such Content and to incorporate such Content into other Materials or works in any format or medium now known or later developed.
    What till they either rewrite or remove this

This is an amazing little program for just $25
    http://www.ambientdesign.com/artrage.html

It's well worth the money and is comparable it very expensive painting programs.

Oh this looks like a fun and powerful photo manipulation program and it's free.
    http://www.gimp.org/

I'm a Photoshop user and I highly recommend Gimp for those that don't want to fork over the $700 to buy Photoshop... I personally know quite a few working photographers that use it in place of Photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    I'm a Photoshop user and I highly recommend Gimp for those that don't want to fork over the $700 to buy Photoshop... I personally know quite a few working photographers that use it in place of Photoshop.
    Well under Adobe's TOS for the freebie version of Photoshop, if push came to shove, I'd load gimp and give it a whirl. I was looking at the features and it has a lot of power.

so how do you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    so how do you get it?
    Which free photoshop version or Gimp?

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom View Post
    Which free photoshop version or Gimp?
    photoshop...I just went and downloaded GIMP!
    Thanks for the link.

photoshop...I just went and downloaded GIMP!
    Thanks for the link.
    If you get a chance report back or pm me on how you like GIMP, I'm curious.

I sure will...do you know how to get the free photoshop?

Also do you or have you used GIMP and if so do you like it?
    I am a scrapbooker so I am always looking for neat things to do with pictures.

I sure will...do you know how to get the free photoshop?
    I could poke around for you to find them, but the concern is that the terms you agree to allow them rights to your photos. Until that's all sorted out, I wouldn't consider signing up for usage. Also, you don't download the program, but sign up to use it online.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast