615 users online (68 members and 547 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wink Cops Bust High School Root Beer Kegger

Not sure if this should be here but I thought it was too funny not to share. Big kudos to these kids!
    http://www.sunherald.com/222/story/456057.html

I couldn't resist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfQCE2917NE

Just classic: "Everyone's blowing ZEROS"

No serious crimes for police to work on pending in Mississippi these days then?

"It was a tremendous waste of time and manpower, but we still had a job to do, and our officers did it," Joling said. "If one kid had come there, even hadn't drank there, but had come there and had been drinking and had left and crashed and burned, then what would the sentiment be? Why didn't the police check everybody out?"

Well with everything that kids get into these days, I guess these officers are really trying to get to the "root" of the problem.

Seriously, kudos to these kids for making a point...

Quote Originally Posted by Floh View Post
    No serious crimes for police to work on pending in Mississippi these days then?
    ]
    LOL Floh, it was Wisconsin, not Mississippi. If you watch the youtube video you can see all the snow on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by mostlylurking View Post
    Well with everything that kids get into these days, I guess these officers are really trying to get to the "root" of the problem.

Seriously, kudos to these kids for making a point...
    Way better senior prank than the chickens.

I just can't believe the police bothered them after realizing that the keg held root-beer.

Nearly 90 breath tests were done, and officers even searched locked rooms for hiding teens
    And they searched the house why?

Gosh, I love teenagers sometimes (for intelligent behaviors). Point made plus some. There was a only a small chance the police would come and further their point. Hahahahahaha~ You would think after the first few breathalyzers were done...they would get it, but they were set on busting a teen that night. Someone call Reno 911~
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Oh there really was a point to the party! Pretty slick protest.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=733050

Dustin Zebro insists he didn't throw a root beer keg party to embarrass the police. His school, yes, but not the police.

It struck him as unfair that D.C. Everest Senior High suspended students from a dance team awhile back because they were pictured on Facebook drinking out of red plastic cups that tend to signal a beer bash.

So Zebro, an 18-year-old senior, devised a plan to show that things are not always as they appear. He bought a quarter-barrel - of root beer - and a tall stack of red cups, and he spread the word that the party was at his house in Kronenwetter, a village just outside Wausau, on a Saturday night this month.

Southwestern Maine is home but I'm not there nearly often enough

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mostlylurking View Post
    Well with everything that kids get into these days...
    Indeed, back in the 1970's we behaved much more responsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally View Post
    And they searched the house why?
    No sympathy for LE here. Got a story to share.

My neighbor's son and his girlfriend attended a Friday night party (MN) where alcohol was served. The son was enrolled in a mechanics programs and had an 8:00 AM class on Saturday, so he drank nothing but Coke. He and his girlfriend went to their car, and he turned the key. Suddenly there was a flashlight in his window. The officer's first words were, "Son, you're going to jail."

Needless to say, the officer was very surprised when the young man passed the sobriety test. BUT, such arrogance from the officer.

Quote Originally Posted by KarlK View Post
    Indeed, back in the 1970's we behaved much more responsibly.
    Hey, back in the 70's I was more responsible --- until about 8th grade, which was closer to the 80's....
    I was more trying to make a pun on "root (beer) of the problem" than implying responsibility levels.....

I'm impressed with these kids. Watching the video with all of the cops and lights and sirens made me laugh.

I also loved the "Everybody's blowing zeros!"

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom View Post
    LOL Floh, it was Wisconsin, not Mississippi. If you watch the youtube video you can see all the snow on the ground.
    Ah. i got 'Mississippi' from the online newspaper heading, so i thought it must have been based there. so Wisconsin L.E. aren't swimming in tough crime they should be taking care of then.

Quote Originally Posted by Trino View Post
    No sympathy for LE here. Got a story to share.

My neighbor's son and his girlfriend attended a Friday night party (MN) where alcohol was served. The son was enrolled in a mechanics programs and had an 8:00 AM class on Saturday, so he drank nothing but Coke. He and his girlfriend went to their car, and he turned the key. Suddenly there was a flashlight in his window. The officer's first words were, "Son, you're going to jail."

Needless to say, the officer was very surprised when the young man passed the sobriety test. BUT, such arrogance from the officer.

Sad, isn't it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast