920 users online (128 members and 792 guests)  

Websleuths News

On the Third Coast

CA - Deborah Huglin, 54, Riverside County, 17 March 2008

28 March 08

There is no trace of missing hiker Deborah Huglin except for her car and some clothing, authorities said.

Huglin, 54, has not been seen since leaving a Zen retreat in the mountains near Idylwild and Hemet on March 17.

Huglin is described as an artist, historian and she also appeared in movies as an extra.

Her boyfriend, Martin Vogel, said he is not giving up hope. He said Huglin went on a retreat after the couple had a small argument.

"I think what Deb did was she found had heard that there was some wonderful pictographs on the rocks in that area and she probably thought that was a wonderful thing and it would give us time apart," said Vogel.

He said he believes her curiosity might have gotten her into trouble.

"I got a call from the search and rescue and they found a pile of sweatshirts by the trail in an area where there were ice flows and there have been pictographs up on the rocks," said Vogel.

Deputies from the Riverside County Sheriff's Department found Huglin's car near the campgrounds on March 21.

Investigators said there were no obvious signs of foul play.

Vogel said he anxiously awaits Huglin's return.

"I love Deb and I miss her more than anything. My thoughts are full of her. All I do is pray she'll come back safely," said Vogel.

Crews suspended their search on March 24 but plan on continuing Sunday.

If you have any information, you are asked to call the Riverside County Sheriff's Department at 951-791-3400.

She was found

Her body was found on 4/20 by a hiker. No sign of foul play at this point, according to the Riverside Sheriff's office.

Just thought I'd post it.

On the Third Coast

Found deceased

23 April 08

Authorities Wednesday have confirmed the identity of a body found in the San Bernardino National Forest, 10News reported.

The Riverside County coroner said that the deceased woman is Deborah Huglin, of Cardiff.

more at link