Downfall of a child prodigy

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
This is so sad.

How a child prodigy at Oxford became a £130-an-hour (258.683 USD) prostitute

With the intellect to win a place at Oxford at the age of 13, Sufiah Yusof should, by now, be carving out a high-flying career for herself.

But a decade after hitting the headlines thanks to her remarkable aptitude for mathematics - and days after her father was jailed for sexually assaulting two teenagers - Miss Yusof has been exposed as a £130-an-hour prostitute.
The revelation completes a sad fall from grace for the family who were hailed the brightest in Britain after Miss Yusof and two of her siblings won university places by the time they were 16.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=550549&in_page_id=1770

Wow.. it seems like her dad was very abusive and ''forced'' them to be as smart as they were. I feel sorry for the girl..

if he sexually abused 2 teen girls as he helped them with their school work he more than likely abused his own daughters. girls raised in a home of sexual abuse often become very sexually active. they begin to feel their worth is not in a kind soul or a sharp mind but in the sexual favors they can provide. i pray this girl will find her worth in a way that does not involve a man and a bed at some point in the future.

I'm 100% certain what she's chosen as a career has to do with abuse she must have gone through from her father.

and it would appear his method of 'educating' his children was also very abusive.

Very sad story, I hope this young woman can find peace and get her life back on track.
Interesting that the father was charged with messing with the 15 year old students of his and that 15 was the age when his daughter ran away, I'm thinking 15 must be the age he's attracted to maybe?
I wonder how well his other children are doing, they had both sons and daughters.

VB

:( WOW..what a waste. Too sad. I hope she can get her life on track.

I always feel a little sad for prodigies. I can't imagine they have anything like a pleasant childhood where they can play and get muddy and not be brought home for 5 hours a day for intensive studying or practicing of whatever their gift may be.

Some parents need to realize gifts are to be cherished, not manipulated until it's an ugly thing.

I always feel a little sad for prodigies. I can't imagine they have anything like a pleasant childhood where they can play and get muddy and not be brought home for 5 hours a day for intensive studying or practicing of whatever their gift may be.

Some parents need to realize gifts are to be cherished, not manipulated until it's an ugly thing.
So true Brefie. :(

Mother of child prodigy turned prostitute asks: Did our hunger for success destroy her?

"I'm not the blaming kind. There's no use trying to point the finger. All I can hope is Farooq and Sufi look at themselves and sort out the issues they have. Deep in her heart, Sufi is a kind and gentle girl and I just hope she finds her true self again."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=557370&in_page_id=1879

I don't know what can make her mother's heart any more broken what with the revelations about her daughter after the awfulness of her husband's behaviour.

Mother of child prodigy turned prostitute asks: Did our hunger for success destroy her?

"I'm not the blaming kind. There's no use trying to point the finger. All I can hope is Farooq and Sufi look at themselves and sort out the issues they have. Deep in her heart, Sufi is a kind and gentle girl and I just hope she finds her true self again."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=557370&in_page_id=1879

I don't know what can make her mother's heart any more broken what with the revelations about her daughter after the awfulness of her husbands behaviour.

Wasn't the mother in part responsible for raising this girl?????

Bre that was an excellent post you made above..

I don't understand why people think that if you have some super smart child you have to do anything different then raise them like any other child??

I don't really find sending a 13 to college all that impressive.. If anything I think its bad parenting.
I mean I hardly let my 13 yo go anywhere alone or to homes of those I do not know... Even if he had some astounding IQ that would not mean he was then mature enough to be on his own. Book smart does not equate to emotional smart.

Here father has got the biggest head I have ever seen.:eek:

Seriously, though. My speech pathology professor graduated high school at the age of 15 because she skipped three grades. She had her doctorate degree when she was about 22. She then worked as a practicing speech pathologist for many years, then finally became a full time professor. She is only two or three years older than me. She recently told me that if she had her own children (which she does not), she would never allow them to skip grades in school. She said it was very difficult to be so much younger than her classmates. This woman is a genious, which makes it very difficult to be her students. She expects us to pick up things as easily as she does and we have to remind her that we are mere mortals.

My clients treat me like a princess, claims prodigy who became a prostitute

Sufiah Yusof said that selling her body provides her with a far more glamorous life than she ever dreamed of when she was an Oxford undergraduate.
"My clients love the fact that I can stimulate their minds AND their bodies," she said. "And I don't believe my education has been wasted - in fact I usually take problem sheets with me to solve before appointments."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=557568&in_page_id=1770

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back