GUILTY UT - Hser Nar Moo, 7, Salt Lake City, 31 March 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewMommy09

Reaction score
Hser Nar Moo (pronounced Soo Na Moo) was last seen around 2 p.m. Monday.
Hser is 3 feet 8 inches tall, 45 pounds, with long black hair. She is missing her two front teeth. The girl was last seen wearing a pink dress, black and pink sneakers and a pink coat described as traditional Burmese garb.

More info and Pic at link.

This child is missing from the area of 2250 S. 500 East. (This is my home stomping grounds, I litterally grew up in this neighborhood.)

Prayers this child is found safe.

Thank you so much for starting a thread for this sweetie. I saw this last night and kept hoping she would have been found ok by now. She hasn't and I have a bad feeling about this. What do you make of the fact that she got into an argument with her brother and went to blow of steam...my words. I'm a suspicious person by nature, but it rings of Aaron (sp) Thompson from Denver.

No Amber Alert. LE says she didn't meet the criteria. IMO, they should have used the Immediate danger clause, etc etc. They didn't with Destiny Norton either. And that's rediculous because a 7 year old child would not be wondering around after dark, all night in 23 degree weather. I think an Amber alert could be issued when a custody issue has been ruled out.

Thank you so much for starting a thread for this sweetie. I saw this last night and kept hoping she would have been found ok by now. She hasn't and I have a bad feeling about this. What do you make of the fact that she got into an argument with her brother and went to blow of steam...my words. I'm a suspicious person by nature, but it rings of Aaron (sp) Thompson from Denver.

The first thought that crossed my mind, unfortunately, is that someone was watching when the argument happened, and used that to gain her trust. "Come here sweety, what happened?".

I really hope this girl is found safe and soon. I follow so many cases, but this one hits home for me. Most of my youth was spent running these streets, alone or with friends. I'm trying to picture the Apartment complex they are talking about but it's not working for me. :(

ETA: I'm gonna add her thread to my siggy to try to get her more exposure. It's still early, and the more exposure she gets, the better.

I used to live on 3900 South and 300 east. I was in the 21st South area all the time. I can't picture that complex either. I can't recall any large ones. Just the small 8-10 unit ones.

No Amber Alert. LE says she didn't meet the criteria. IMO, they should have used the Immediate danger clause, etc etc. They didn't with Destiny Norton either. And that's rediculous because a 7 year old child would not be wondering around after dark, all night in 23 degree weather. I think an Amber alert could be issued when a custody issue has been ruled out.

I agree with you, I really have a problem with this...

Can you send me a link for this please? Don't see one.
Thanks

I used to live on 3900 South and 300 east. I was in the 21st South area all the time. I can't picture that complex either. I can't recall any large ones. Just the small 8-10 unit ones.

I'm googling the address to see if I can find any aerial pics or anything. I think it should be Zip 84106 cause that was my zip when I lived there. Will post if I find anything.

It didn't sound like she was dressed well for last night's weather. I can't decide if I'm hoping someone took her home or not, ya know?

I was not aware that there is certain criteria for amber alert, I was of the belief that if a child is missing especially a young child that it is automatically issued. Where would I find out the criteria? I mean I have the amber alert system on my computer, but I don't think it list this, perhaps I over looked it.

I'm mentally driving up and down 500 east. I can see the I-80 Bridge. The white ornate school type/ library building on the left hand sign....no apartment buildings. It's driving me nuts! And isn't there that big old red brick school on the corner of 2100 South and 500 East?

Guidelines for Issuing AMBER Alerts

I think the below category is appropriate here:

Risk of Serious Bodily Injury or Death

Plans require a child be at risk for serious bodily harm or death before an alert can be issued. This element is clearly related to law enforcement’s recognition that stranger abductions represent the greatest danger to children. The need for timely, accurate information based on strict and clearly understood criteria is critical, again keeping in mind the “best judgment” approach.

http://www.amberalert.gov/guidelines.htm

With Google maps, using streetview, there is a really good pic. It shows the apartments, called South Parc Townhomes across the street from a newer gated community. If you haven't used it before, go here http://maps.google.com/ enter the address, then click the streetview button, then you can click on the little person on the map and it brings up the picture.

ETA: just figured out that you can go in the complex a little bit

Thanks SQ-
What is the neighborhood like? Aparments, rowhomes, etc..
Why in the world would the FBI asisst but not trigger amber alert?
IIRC: Amber alert is triggered by imminent threat of danger and/or stranger abduction?

Maybe obvious but anyone checking the Known sex offender registry in this area?

With Google maps, using streetview, there is a really good pic. It shows the apartments, called South Parc Townhomes across the street from a newer gated community. If you haven't used it before, go here http://maps.google.com/ enter the address, then click the streetview button, then you can click on the little person on the map and it brings up the picture.

ETA: just figured out that you can go in the complex a little bit

Way cool! Now I can really drive down 500 East. I just do not remember that building. Here is a link:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...018539&z=16&layer=c&cbll=40.721116,-111.87682

I hope the location at 2220 South and 500 East needs to be checked out. Lots of truck trailers and such on that lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail