Kids still home after duct tape incident

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view.bg?articleid=1084199&srvc=home&position=1
A Bellingham mother busted for duct-taping her two tots to chairs and posting pictures of their terror-stricken faces on MySpace [website] continues to care for the children, despite concerns for their safety.
Amber Green, 24, and her fiance, Lee Smith, 30, have been free on personal recognizance since their Feb. 21 arraignment in Milford District Court on two counts each of assault and battery.
The Department of Social Services - under fire for failing to protect a 7-year-old Middleboro boy who was allegedly burned and urinated on by his mother’s boyfriend - has taken ’‘custody” of the 6-year-old Bellingham boy and his 4-year-old sister, as well as their 2-year-old sibling.
But the three kids continue to live with Green and Smith at home - a dilapidated single-family structure with boarded windows, a porch permeated with the stench of urine and a refrigerator in the driveway with its door still attached.
(more at link)

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/general/view.bg?articleid=1084199&srvc=home&position=1
A Bellingham mother busted for duct-taping her two tots to chairs and posting pictures of their terror-stricken faces on MySpace [website] continues to care for the children, despite concerns for their safety.
Amber Green, 24, and her fiance, Lee Smith, 30, have been free on personal recognizance since their Feb. 21 arraignment in Milford District Court on two counts each of assault and battery.
The Department of Social Services - under fire for failing to protect a 7-year-old Middleboro boy who was allegedly burned and urinated on by his mother’s boyfriend - has taken ’‘custody” of the 6-year-old Bellingham boy and his 4-year-old sister, as well as their 2-year-old sibling.
But the three kids continue to live with Green and Smith at home - a dilapidated single-family structure with boarded windows, a porch permeated with the stench of urine and a refrigerator in the driveway with its door still attached.
(more at link)

I have no issue with the teacher that duct taped a misbehaved child to a chair - but to do this to an innocent who is terrified is way horrible. I think worse is the "covered in urine" part.

I can't believe the mother still has those kids, i have a bad feeling that we will be reading about them again.:confused:

These stories make my heart hurt. And we wonder why children grow up to abuse themselves, eachother and then the children in their own lives.

After seeing a friend's family absolutely screwed over by SS, I just can't read these stories without getting angry. It seems like they consistently over-react or under-react, no middle ground.

What a mess this case is!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back