1254 users online (252 members and 1002 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PA - Serial Cat Killer On The Loose

Hopefully it is alright to post this here in this forum. This is very graphic and I don't want to even write details of this crime. Also I know in the scope of things we have human beings murdered and this is cats, but it's just a sin, and frightening. Animal welfare investigators in Philadelphia are offering a $10,000 reward if someone will come forward and help them with this terrible crime. Last Monday three cats were found tortured with their heads caved in. Yesterday agents found another cat beaten in the same area. Saturday they also found a cat with horrendous injuries dead right in the same area. SPCA officials say in the past they have found cats hung, beaten with bats or sticks, but this way beyond that. The neighborhood of Kensington in Philly has been the scene of cockfighting and dogfighting and it isn't uncommon for cats to be attacked, but this they mentioned again is different. They believe it has to be a teen or an adult because of the force of some of the fatal injuries. If someone can do this to a helpless animal I have no doubt they can do the same to a human being.http://www.philly.com/dailynews/loca...ies_found.html

Ohh, I hate this!! I am SUCH an animal person, I just think about what if someone did this to my little Sydney ... I'm glad I keep her inside. Seriously though - I agree with you, if someone can do such brutal things to a sweet innocent animal, they have some real problems, and pose a very real threat to people as well.

Pretty scary huh?

This is probably a serial killer in the making. Hopefully they catch this person before it goes any further. It is horrible when monsters hurt anything innocent like children and animals who cannot stand up for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by imthemom View Post
    This is probably a serial killer in the making. Hopefully they catch this person before it goes any further. It is horrible when monsters hurt anything innocent like children and animals who cannot stand up for themselves.
    Imthemom, I couldn't agree with you more. The slime that is maiming and killing these poor cats will likely, "graduate" to victims of his own species. I sure hope they catch this slime. I think that anyone caught and convicted for extreme animal abuse/killing should be tracked for life.

Lion

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    If someone can do this to a helpless animal I have no doubt they can do the same to a human being.http://www.philly.com/dailynews/loca...ies_found.html
    Exactly! And that is why there is such a reward, they hope to catch the criminal before they get the chance to progress to humans. Someone is very angry, and taking that anger out on helpless things. Won't be long before they are drunk on that power and look for bigger prey for a bigger thrill.

Have there been any fires in the area also??? I HATE people who harm anything. Children and animals are two areas that push my hatred meter into the "almost going to lose it" red zone. I have to walk away for a minute - I can't think....must less post....what my thoughts are right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
    Have there been any fires in the area also??? I HATE people who harm anything. Children and animals are two areas that push my hatred meter into the "almost going to lose it" red zone. I have to walk away for a minute - I can't think....must less post....what my thoughts are right now.
    Reannan, probably a couple fires. That's an all the time occurence where this happened. It's a bad neighborhood. B-A-D! That's why that caught my attention because I thought "Ummm, since when they all care about cats let alone people". Re, sorry if the post hurt ya or made ya angry. Not for nothing, and I am hella not excusing it but just stating this is a place where well personally I can't claim to even begin to understand how some people live. Hopefully they will catch them. Reward money may equal someone coming forward.

Thanks Filly. You know this sort of behavior is not restricted to the bad areas of town. My old neighborhood - which was a step UP from where I had lived most of my life - upper middle class 'burbs kind of place. We had neighbors that had two young sons - 7 and 9 years old. We had a kitten that we asked the neighbors to watch for us for a quick weekend trip to the beach. I came home, and my kitten was dead. The neighbors on the other side of me found him dead "with no apparent marks at all". Their cat, was found the same day - but he looked like (WARNING - DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU ARE BOTHERED BY GRAPHIC CONTENT!) he had been slung around by his tail until his entire rectum was pulled out of his body. He was laying under some bushes, close to where my cat was found, dying. They put him down in an act of mercy. I still feel myself shaking over this event. Things begin to escalate in the neighborhood, and the "boys next door" gained a reputation as "satan worshipers". They would put nails under the tires of vehicles that belonged to people they did not like. Another neighbor child went to play with them one day, and ran home to tell his parents about the "game" they were playing. It was called "Blood Bath". They preapred noxious mixtures of household chemicals such as vinegar and ammonia, clorox, ajax, etc. and then used their father's "syringes" (drugs???) to inject insects to watch them die. I am convinced that is what happend to my kitten. The other cat suffered the consequence of direct violence from the little POS. It is a long story, but I eventually came to an "understanding" with these little creeps, and they never set foot in my yard again. Today, they remain lost souls. It was a totally dysfunctional family with a lot of alcoholism, and a complete lack of faith of any kind. No focus plus a heaping dose of chaos equals individuals with an ax to grind and no compassion. Their mother recently died of alcoholism, and the father is totally adrift. I moved from them years ago, but I chide myself for not going to him and the boys, and offering a hand up - but I fear it would be chopped off; followed by my head! Evil walks among us in all of the places that we travel.

Reannan, please know I m so sorry about your little kitten. Of course that has stayed with you for life. I'm sure in your heart you wanted to somehow help them people in any way possible, but as you said they may have just gone the opposite and you'd suffer for it. Definately I know it's not just in bad neighborhoods. However, I think alot of things horrific are just shrugged at when it's in lower income hoods. Almost like it's expected. It's good somebody has brought attention to this. Hoping big time somebody will want that $10,000.

Not to make light of this, but I thought the thread said serial killer cat on the loose. Oops!

Quote Originally Posted by 2sisters View Post
    Not to make light of this, but I thought the thread said serial killer cat on the loose. Oops!
    LOL - Thanks! It is humor like that which keeps me anchored in realilty. Only long time members and people who look into the dark abyss of humanity on a routine basis can understand how healing that sort of humor can be. Thanks 2sisters!
    Last edited by Reannan; 04-02-2008 at 11:49 PM. Reason: spelling - as usual

Quote Originally Posted by 2sisters View Post
    LOL 2Sisters, I just had to recheck if I actually wrote that. Knowing me I wouldn't doubt it. Re's is right we have to find humor somehow or else we'd lose our minds.

I agree about the humor. I can't even read this thread though or any link with it. It is just too awful.

I could only skim it...how could anyone think, let alone do, such things?! What the heck does it do for them anyway...hurting and/or killing the defenseless?! Does it make them feel big and bad...b/c they're only cowards in my eyes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast