Identified! FL - Flagler Co., blonde female dead in field, Feb'94 - Heather Schmoll

Earthbound Misfit I

Justice for Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this one. If it is in the wrong location please move to the correct forum or if this is a duplicate of another thread already posted please delete or merge the thread/s.

A body found 14 years ago in southern Flagler County has been identified as that of a 17-year-old girl who ran away from her Stewartville, Minn., home in the summer of 1993.

The remains were discovered Feb. 2, 1994 by a dump truck driver carrying fill dirt in a field along U.S. Highway 1 near county Road 200. There were no signs of trauma or foul play on the body. An autopsy found cocaine intoxication, but never determined a cause of death.

The remains were eventually buried in an unmarked grave in the Espanola Cemetery.

The case became active again last year when the Olmsted, Minn., Sheriff's Office opened a missing persons investigation into the disappearance of Heather Ann Schmoll. The family believed she took her father's car and headed to Florida with her boyfriend.

Officials said she was not reported missing at the time because of undisclosed family problems. The last time anyone reported contact with Schmoll was on New Year's Day 1994, when she called a family friend saying she was in Daytona Beach. She was crying, begging for help and asking for money to get back to Minnesota.

More here: http://www.news4jax.com/news/15771708/detail.html

First thing that comes to mind is that if someone from the Schmoll family had told her to go to the bus station and get her non refundable one way bus ticket to Stewartville, Minnesota , they might be spending time with the mother of their grandchildren .

First thing that comes to mind is that if someone from the Schmoll family had told her to go to the bus station and get her non refundable one way bus ticket to Stewartville, Minnesota , they might be spending time with the mother of their grandchildren .

That's kind of a big assumption to make since none of us know their family situation...

The autopsy found cocaine intoxication, but never determined a cause of death. I guess because of the cocaine intoxication they determined that it was "noncriminal". That's the only reason I can see that the conclusion was there was not foul play involved.

Flagler County determined the death to be noncriminal and has closed its investigation.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/15771708/detail.html

If they could not determine a COD, how do they know it is "noncriminal"?

That's kind of a big assumption to make since none of us know their family situation...
AJ
I know I'm taking a big leap here not knowing her exact family situation , but she did call a family friend asking for help to return to her hometown . And I feel whatever the situation was, shy of abuse or molestation being alive and dealing with the situation at the age of eighteen would be better than being dead at the age of seventeen . Some of the family members , if not all would not have live with the "what if" question for fourteen years .Now for the rest of their lives

The autopsy found cocaine intoxication, but never determined a cause of death. I guess because of the cocaine intoxication they determined that it was "noncriminal". That's the only reason I can see that the conclusion was there was not foul play involved.
I say that isn't good enough and they should reopen the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zen1974
Back