1243 users online (287 members and 956 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TX - Girl, 14, charged in death of newborn at Baytown school, 2 April 2008

"Baytown police are investigating the death today of a full-term baby whose 14-year-old mother allegedly tried to flush her infant down the toilet at Baytown's Cedar Bayou Junior High School.

The unidentified girl, a student at the school, had gone to the restroom where the baby was born, according to Lt. Eric Freed.

"The child cried, and then the mother tried to flush the baby down the toilet," he said.

The child is now dead and a medical examiner has been called to the school."

Link:http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5668626.html

Another 14-year old! Someone would have loved this child.

How horrifically sad!

I just don't understand, I'll never understand it.

I know it's horrific.

But I can't help but feel for the girl who must have been so panicked and desperate after giving birth in the school restroom.

There are two tragedies here.

Dear Lord ... I can't even begin to imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    How horrifically sad!

I just don't understand, I'll never understand it.
    I hate to say it, but I think I CAN understand. 14 year olds don't have any where near the reasoning capacity of adults, and fear, panic, confusion, combined with having just gone through the agony of delivering a full term infant......I can see a 14 year old thinking "just make it go away."

I'm not condoning what she did. But I think I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post
    I hate to say it, but I think I CAN understand. 14 year olds don't have any where near the reasoning capacity of adults, and fear, panic, confusion, combined with having just gone through the agony of delivering a full term infant......I can see a 14 year old thinking "just make it go away."

Even at 12 I LOVED babies and could have never harmed one

I think I would have to know alot more than what is being printed before I give an unbiased opinion. It's a tragedy none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    Even at 12 I LOVED babies and could have never harmed one

Me, too. I would never have harmed one ON PURPOSE. But if I were 14, in a school restroom, in pain and scared out of my mind? I don't know how I would handle the situation: 14 year olds don't have a whole lot of forethought all the time.

We really don't know much about this. Perhaps the baby was the result of incest, and if the girl acknowledged the baby, the incest would become known and she was terrified about what the male relative would do to her. Or maybe there was no incest. Maybe she fooled around with a boy; maybe she is an abused child who knew exactly what she had coming to her if mommy and daddy found out she had a baby. Maybe she'd been raped. Maybe she was so scared she didn't even REALLY know the baby was real.

I don't like what she did. But it sounds to me like what she did could be the result of terror, not a murderous spirit.

Cali -- but im a north east girl at heart!
    Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post

i get what you're saying ... but i also had a couple of friends who had kids in their teens. i even had a friend who had a baby when she was 12. none of them tried anything like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowlover77 View Post
    I think I would have to know alot more than what is being printed before I give an unbiased opinion. It's a tragedy none the less.
    Welcome to WS! I agree with you, I need more facts. Also I have questions, didn't someone notice this 14 year old was pregnant? Parents, family member or teacher?? Link stated she delivered a full term baby. I'm built like a 14 year old, trust me when I was pregnant with both of my daughters you could not mistake what was going on. I don't get it.

Here is another case of a 14 year old leaving a fetus in the trash of a Continental Airlines plane:
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5660517.html

Unhappy TX - Baytown Texas Girl Tries To Flush New Born Baby.

I don't have all the details yet, but my local news just said that they have taken a 14 year old girl into custody for having a baby at school this morning and trying to flush the new born baby. This is the district where I taught and I live in Baytown. They have not released the girl's name yet...but I hope it is not one of my former students. I will post a link when I find one. This is the second 14 year old this week that has had a baby and disposed of it. The first girl's baby was still born so no charges will be filed against her. This last girl will have charges pressed.

14-year-old girl gave birth Wednesday morning in a middle school bathroom and killed the baby trying to flush it down the toilet, Baytown police say.

Now that teen is at the center of a homicide investigation.

Witnesses told police they heard the child crying in the restroom at Cedar Bayou Junior High around 11 a.m. and went to get a nurse.

More at link.....
    http://www.khou.com/topstories/stori....254b3a7d.html

Cali -- but im a north east girl at heart!
    i remember there being a case similar to this. i was a little kid, maybe 7 or 8, when it happened. the girl's name was amy and i think her boyfriend's last name was peterson? it may have only been big in the philly area, but i definitely remember there being a teenager named amy who either threw her newborn baby away or tried to flush the newborn down the toilet.

Al_B is offline Sometimes you just have to wonder why people are so ill-mannered
    what is it with parents not educating their children about birth control.(take them to get it) cause whether the parents realize it or not their kids are likely to be doing it anyway. I took my daughters and put them on it,not that I think my kids would kill their baby because of our family structure. It's just senseless
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Prom 2008

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast