GUILTY TX - Girl, 14, charged in death of newborn at Baytown school, 2 April 2008

ljwf22

Reality continues to ruin my life.
Reaction score
"Baytown police are investigating the death today of a full-term baby whose 14-year-old mother allegedly tried to flush her infant down the toilet at Baytown's Cedar Bayou Junior High School.

The unidentified girl, a student at the school, had gone to the restroom where the baby was born, according to Lt. Eric Freed.

"The child cried, and then the mother tried to flush the baby down the toilet," he said.

The child is now dead and a medical examiner has been called to the school."

Link:http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5668626.html

Another 14-year old! Someone would have loved this child.

How horrifically sad!

I just don't understand, I'll never understand it.:confused:

I know it's horrific.

But I can't help but feel for the girl who must have been so panicked and desperate after giving birth in the school restroom.

There are two tragedies here.

How horrifically sad!

I just don't understand, I'll never understand it.:confused:

I hate to say it, but I think I CAN understand. 14 year olds don't have any where near the reasoning capacity of adults, and fear, panic, confusion, combined with having just gone through the agony of delivering a full term infant......I can see a 14 year old thinking "just make it go away."

I'm not condoning what she did. But I think I get it.

I hate to say it, but I think I CAN understand. 14 year olds don't have any where near the reasoning capacity of adults, and fear, panic, confusion, combined with having just gone through the agony of delivering a full term infant......I can see a 14 year old thinking "just make it go away."

Even at 12 I LOVED babies and could have never harmed one

I think I would have to know alot more than what is being printed before I give an unbiased opinion. It's a tragedy none the less.

Even at 12 I LOVED babies and could have never harmed one

Me, too. I would never have harmed one ON PURPOSE. But if I were 14, in a school restroom, in pain and scared out of my mind? I don't know how I would handle the situation: 14 year olds don't have a whole lot of forethought all the time.

We really don't know much about this. Perhaps the baby was the result of incest, and if the girl acknowledged the baby, the incest would become known and she was terrified about what the male relative would do to her. Or maybe there was no incest. Maybe she fooled around with a boy; maybe she is an abused child who knew exactly what she had coming to her if mommy and daddy found out she had a baby. Maybe she'd been raped. Maybe she was so scared she didn't even REALLY know the baby was real.

I don't like what she did. But it sounds to me like what she did could be the result of terror, not a murderous spirit.

i get what you're saying ... but i also had a couple of friends who had kids in their teens. i even had a friend who had a baby when she was 12. none of them tried anything like this.

I think I would have to know alot more than what is being printed before I give an unbiased opinion. It's a tragedy none the less.

Welcome to WS! I agree with you, I need more facts. Also I have questions, didn't someone notice this 14 year old was pregnant? Parents, family member or teacher?? Link stated she delivered a full term baby. I'm built like a 14 year old, trust me when I was pregnant with both of my daughters you could not mistake what was going on. I don't get it.

I don't have all the details yet, but my local news just said that they have taken a 14 year old girl into custody for having a baby at school this morning and trying to flush the new born baby. This is the district where I taught and I live in Baytown. They have not released the girl's name yet...but I hope it is not one of my former students. I will post a link when I find one. This is the second 14 year old this week that has had a baby and disposed of it. The first girl's baby was still born so no charges will be filed against her. This last girl will have charges pressed.

14-year-old girl gave birth Wednesday morning in a middle school bathroom and killed the baby trying to flush it down the toilet, Baytown police say.

Now that teen is at the center of a homicide investigation.

Witnesses told police they heard the child crying in the restroom at Cedar Bayou Junior High around 11 a.m. and went to get a nurse.

More at link.....
http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou080402_mh_bathroombaby.254b3a7d.html

i remember there being a case similar to this. i was a little kid, maybe 7 or 8, when it happened. the girl's name was amy and i think her boyfriend's last name was peterson? it may have only been big in the philly area, but i definitely remember there being a teenager named amy who either threw her newborn baby away or tried to flush the newborn down the toilet.

what is it with parents not educating their children about birth control.(take them to get it) cause whether the parents realize it or not their kids are likely to be doing it anyway. I took my daughters and put them on it,not that I think my kids would kill their baby because of our family structure. It's just senseless

what is it with parents not educating their children about birth control.(take them to get it) cause whether the parents realize it or not their kids are likely to be doing it anyway. I took my daughters and put them on it,not that I think my kids would kill their baby because of our family structure. It's just senseless

Adorable kids! :) My daughter's physical structure is large enough that I think if she were to get pregnant young, there would be no risk to a baby. I also believe she is well aware that a baby would be welcome by me without hesitation. With that said, she knows I want her to wait until she is older to engage in sexual activity because of all the STDs and the fact that the first several boyfriends aren't going to necessarily be the "one." She's got a level head and I'm hoping it's level enough to come to me for advice/condoms. We've had all the discussions I can think of, so I don't actually mean advice so much as making sure she's safe.

The ONLY reason I don't put her on the pill "just in case" isn't only that a baby would be a blessing not a curse, but that I've been on and off the pill since I was 19 and have developed a problem in my liver that is caused by the hormones. I don't want this for her. I don't know if it's a hereditary thing that this is risky or not.

Adorable kids! :) My daughter's physical structure is large enough that I think if she were to get pregnant young, there would be no risk to a baby. I also believe she is well aware that a baby would be welcome by me without hesitation. With that said, she knows I want her to wait until she is older to engage in sexual activity because of all the STDs and the fact that the first several boyfriends aren't going to necessarily be the "one." She's got a level head and I'm hoping it's level enough to come to me for advice/condoms. We've had all the discussions I can think of, so I don't actually mean advice so much as making sure she's safe.

The ONLY reason I don't put her on the pill "just in case" isn't only that a baby would be a blessing not a curse, but that I've been on and off the pill since I was 19 and have developed a problem in my liver that is caused by the hormones. I don't want this for her. I don't know if it's a hereditary thing that this is risky or not.
I can understand all that but I didn't want to take a chance I wanted my kids to wait until they graduated college before they even thought about dating (unrealistic I know but it was my wish) they how ever had other ideas. I would never reject a baby and they know that,but they to realize from their choices comes other problems and they also know that getting pregnant is the least of the problems that can and do occur with sex no matter the age.but I would much rather them be put on the pill then taking a chance because in long run I am still responsile for their actions and secretly having sex and tellling me what I want to hear are two different things.(and kids do that from what I remember,I'm lucky though my kids can and are totally honest with me if I straight out ask them and the things I know I am not always happy about but at least I know)

I can understand all that but I didn't want to take a chance I wanted my kids to wait until they graduated college before they even thought about dating (unrealistic I know but it was my wish) they how ever had other ideas. I would never reject a baby and they know that,but they to realize from their choices comes other problems and they also know that getting pregnant is the least of the problems that can and do occur with sex no matter the age.but I would much rather them be put on the pill then taking a chance because in long run I am still responsile for their actions and secretly having sex and tellling me what I want to hear are two different things.(and kids do that from what I remember,I'm lucky though my kids can and are totally honest with me if I straight out ask them and the things I know I am not always happy about but at least I know)

What? Teens do things behind our backs? :crazy:

I have ZERO problems with someone putting their teen on the pill for whatever reason. I was on the pill twenty years before there was a problem, and the low dosages they have now are a teeny risk compared to "back then" for me. I just wanted you to know I was stating my reason for not putting my daughter on them, but I'm completely an advocate for every parent to consider the pros and cons for their situation.

(I'm probably secretly hoping she does have a kid young, so I can be grandma sooner - but don't tell her that!!!!)

What? Teens do things behind our backs? :crazy:

I have ZERO problems with someone putting their teen on the pill for whatever reason. I was on the pill twenty years before there was a problem, and the low dosages they have now are a teeny risk compared to "back then" for me. I just wanted you to know I was stating my reason for not putting my daughter on them, but I'm completely an advocate for every parent to consider the pros and cons for their situation.

(I'm probably secretly hoping she does have a kid young, so I can be grandma sooner - but don't tell her that!!!!)

I completely understand the pill and all the other birthcontrol issues I had problems myself with them ( I switched several times, then quit) but there are too many issues related with what this girl and other girls like her. ( I read on my death space about a woman who shot herself in the stomach and killed her fullterm fetus,no trail will come of it either http://mydeathspace.com/article/200...s_9_months_pregnant,_killing_her_unborn_child)Age I don't even think really matters it's to many times of the kid hearing all the negative things like if you get pregnant and it carries over. I am just saying I'd rather do that then never have grandkids and only seeing my kid behind bars for the rest of her life. It's just basically teaching kids to be responsible about their bodies and actions.
:eek: how old is your daughter!?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back