Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: VT - Brianna Maitland, 17, Montgomery, 19 March 2004

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/a...-sniffing-dogs
    L’Esperance said his agency has wanted to have their own body-searching dogs for a while. L’Esperance, who took over the department in 2009, said it is cases such as the mysterious disappearance of Brianna Maitland, 17, in Franklin County in 2004 that drove home the point that the department needed its own dogs. He said time is often critical, and he does not want to have to wait for out-of-state dogs to arrive.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

This was on tonights disappeared. Such a sad story to such a beautiful girl, any new updates?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PhiercePhi For This Useful Post:

Saw the ID Disappeared show about Brianna last night.
    Based on the little I knew of Bri’s case while I followed Maura Murray's case, I thought Bri’s was simply the victim of drug related foul play.

After seeing the Disappeared, I have a different take…
    In the show Bri's mom said two things that stuck in my noggin - (I’m paraphrasing everything) One was that her daughter had martial arts training, the other was that she is very trusting of people..
    When Bri was sucker punched really hard in the face, her mother’s words about being too trusting came to mind.
    Seeing where Bri’s car was and that she went there directly after work, I think she was setup, and “sucker punched” again.
    After seeing so many of these shows, how often do we see that as a case goes cold there is mention of human trafficking, there are sightings of the missing person in distant places, and perhaps the victim owed drug dealers money.

Thinking like a Lt. Kenda of Homicide Hunter…
    Human trafficking, and bad drug deal – don’t see it here. There was her un-cashed check was on the car seat.
    Despite martial arts training, it's like she got sucker punched again.
    Let’s ask the question - Is there anyone who would benefit by her not being around?
    Let’s look at where and car was found, and when she parked it there – what does it tell us?
    Where it was found is out of the way, a place where someone who wants to harm her would want to lure her to. Who could that person be, and was she too trusting of someone she should not have?
    Of all the people mentioned on the show, only one had shown real violence toward her.
    Let look at time she when where her car was found. Appears it was for a quick meeting, perhaps to work things out with someone - tricked into thinking a past discretion could be worked out?
    After working one job, would she be looking to party knowing she had her next job in the morning – don’t think so.

I see the proverbial elephant in the room in terms of motive, violence toward her, benefit if she wasn’t around, and Bri being too trusting.
    Speaking of mysteries - billions of humans past and present; so how did I windup conscious, self-aware looking out from inside this one? Did the prize-patrol show up at my birth?

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

This is a sad case, with very little national attention, IMO due to the fact that Brianna was thought to be involved with some very bad people. Those cases do not attract the same level of sympathy and attention of say a Lauren Spierers or a Holly Bobo (although those cases could have some level of drug involvement, who knows...) The fact that her car was left out in the open and in such an unusual manner suggests that the perp(s) did not care if it was found and perhaps wanted it to be found, maybe sending a message of some kind. I do think that Brianna's drug-selling friends are either responsible or led to people who are responsible for whatever happened to her. While she was working and trying to make a life for herself, she still sounds like a very naive, mixed-up young girl, who would take up with anyone with a decent sob story. I suppose it is possible she picked up the random boogie man, but then why leave her car the way they did? And leave items on the ground and checks in the car? If someone wanted to make it look like she took off, they would get rid of the car, hide it, etc...

I feel so sad for her family; they did everything possible to try to find her, but I don't feel as though they will ever have satisfaction or justice.

Also, the show mentioned that the girl who broke her nose shortly before she vanished was cleared from suspicion...yet did not say why. Did she have an alibi? How does LE know for sure she did not arrange for something to happen to Brianna? Sounds like a real "tough" girl type who did not intend to pay the price for her assault on Brianna.

Ugh, overall just a sad, cold case...one that I doubt will ever be solved.
    Just my opinion, of course.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    This is a sad case, with very little national attention, IMO due to the fact that Brianna was thought to be involved with some very bad people. Those cases do not attract the same level of sympathy and attention of say a Lauren Spierers or a Holly Bobo (although those cases could have some level of drug involvement, who knows...) The fact that her car was left out in the open and in such an unusual manner suggests that the perp(s) did not care if it was found and perhaps wanted it to be found, maybe sending a message of some kind. I do think that Brianna's drug-selling friends are either responsible or led to people who are responsible for whatever happened to her. While she was working and trying to make a life for herself, she still sounds like a very naive, mixed-up young girl, who would take up with anyone with a decent sob story. I suppose it is possible she picked up the random boogie man, but then why leave her car the way they did? And leave items on the ground and checks in the car? If someone wanted to make it look like she took off, they would get rid of the car, hide it, etc...

I feel so sad for her family; they did everything possible to try to find her, but I don't feel as though they will ever have satisfaction or justice.

Also, the show mentioned that the girl who broke her nose shortly before she vanished was cleared from suspicion...yet did not say why. Did she have an alibi? How does LE know for sure she did not arrange for something to happen to Brianna? Sounds like a real "tough" girl type who did not intend to pay the price for her assault on Brianna.

Ugh, overall just a sad, cold case...one that I doubt will ever be solved.
    BBM
    I believe this area of the case needs to be gone over again...
    Would like to know how/why she was cleared...

Especially after in the show Bri's friend mentioned something to the affect that she had spoken with this gal and this gal mentioned something about Bri not being able to testify now...

IMO Where Bri's car was, and the time she went there all indicate she was purposely set up... So who had motive and who benefited from her not being around anymore?
    Speaking of mysteries - billions of humans past and present; so how did I windup conscious, self-aware looking out from inside this one? Did the prize-patrol show up at my birth?

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

Every time I see that picture with her car backed into the barn, I get an eerie feeling knowing she once sat in that car.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iluvmua For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    Saw the ID Disappeared show about Brianna last night.
    Based on the little I knew of Briís case while I followed Maura Murray's case, I thought Briís was simply the victim of drug related foul play.

After seeing the Disappeared, I have a different takeÖ
    In the show Bri's mom said two things that stuck in my noggin - (Iím paraphrasing everything) One was that her daughter had martial arts training, the other was that she is very trusting of people..
    When Bri was sucker punched really hard in the face, her motherís words about being too trusting came to mind.
    Seeing where Briís car was and that she went there directly after work, I think she was setup, and ďsucker punchedĒ again.
    After seeing so many of these shows, how often do we see that as a case goes cold there is mention of human trafficking, there are sightings of the missing person in distant places, and perhaps the victim owed drug dealers money.

Thinking like a Lt. Kenda of Homicide HunterÖ
    Human trafficking, and bad drug deal Ė donít see it here. There was her un-cashed check was on the car seat.
    Despite martial arts training, it's like she got sucker punched again.
    Letís ask the question - Is there anyone who would benefit by her not being around?
    Letís look at where and car was found, and when she parked it there Ė what does it tell us?
    Where it was found is out of the way, a place where someone who wants to harm her would want to lure her to. Who could that person be, and was she too trusting of someone she should not have?
    Of all the people mentioned on the show, only one had shown real violence toward her.
    Let look at time she when where her car was found. Appears it was for a quick meeting, perhaps to work things out with someone - tricked into thinking a past discretion could be worked out?
    After working one job, would she be looking to party knowing she had her next job in the morning Ė donít think so.

I see the proverbial elephant in the room in terms of motive, violence toward her, benefit if she wasnít around, and Bri being too trusting.
    I just recently watched the Disappeared show also. It took me a while to get used to Lt. Kenda, and once I did, I'm disappointed there are no more new shows. I would like to see him get involved in this case. To me, it was eerie that her car was seen with the lights on, then just a blinker on, like somebody WANTED the car to be seen that way, or they were in a real hurry to get her out of it.

And the "reenactment" left me confused. One minute the necklace and coins were on the front passenger seat, and another it was on the ground. Wondering, did someone tear the necklace off and if so, why? Why the loose change? I think it might be drug related, that since she didn't have the money they may have wanted that she owed, they planned to 'pimp her out' to pay her debt.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sharyne For This Useful Post:

Maybe Brianna's friend was going through an anger stage in grieving the missing, but it was sort of uncomfortable to watch her on the program saying how Brianna was always wanting attention. That seemed like blaming the attack at the party solely on Brianna. No one ever really said just how much drugs were being done either. All the drug talk seemed to stem from the two Black guys, and to me, they seemed more like a couple of players instead of pimps looking for sex slave prospects. Why couldn't a possibility be that some nut (maybe a jealous one) was in Brianna's back seat and forced her to drive to the farm house. If Brianna had filed charges on a violent male then disappeared before court everyone would be certain it was him. Maybe a mistake is being made in this just because a female was the one who had to show up at court. I wonder if some of the drug talk is exaggerated to try and take suspicion and attention away from the attack of Brianna. I think it's even a little suspicious that the girl went into a rage after Brianna left the party and got into a vehicle. Was someone adding to the fight and spreading gossip in that amount of time. Maybe the girl who punched her wasn't the only female angry and jealous.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to txsvicki For This Useful Post:

Bumping for Brianna.....

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Simply Caustic For This Useful Post:

I had never heard of Brianna's case until I watched Disappeared. I'm familiar with Maura Murray's case and I'm sorry to hear of Brianna's as well. Terrible that this case hasn't gotten more attention.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to liltexans For This Useful Post:

Skull discovery could fit 2 Vt missing persons cases

http://www.wcax.com/story/16953533/s...-persons-cases

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 3:54 PM EST
    Updated: Feb 16, 2012 4:03 PM EST
    By Deanna LeBlanc

Short article at link

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by summer_breeze View Post
    http://www.wcax.com/story/16953533/s...-persons-cases

Posted: Feb 16, 2012 3:54 PM EST
    Updated: Feb 16, 2012 4:03 PM EST
    By Deanna LeBlanc

Short article at link
    Also thinking perhaps it might be Maura Murray...

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

Danby is only 30 minutes away from Middletown Springs.

I also think the skull may be Laura Murray. I wrote an e_mail to Nancy grace the day the news of the skull came out mentioning both bRiannna Maitland and Laura Murray. My hope is that some national attention might move along the skull testing too that the parents could finally have some answers to the worst nightmare of their lives. I myself, have children and can not imagine the horror that these parents have all been through.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to vtgirl For This Useful Post:

http://www.wcax.com/story/17193343/8...red-after-work

MONTGOMERY, Vt. -
    It was eight years ago Monday that a Vermont teenager disappeared without a trace and the case continues to baffle police.

Seventeen year-old Brianna Maitland was last seen leaving the Montgomery restaurant where she worked. Her car was found abandoned behind a barn the next day. Police at first considered the possibility that Maitland ran away, but later concluded that she was a victim of foul play. Eight years later, investigators say they continue to investigate leads and remain optimistic someone will come forward with new information.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Tammie McCormick, 13, missing since 1986 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128676

Jaliek Rainwalker, 12, missing since 2007 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55811

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wanting2Help For This Useful Post:

It's crazy that the skull would be right on the side of the road though... I wonder if weather/animals could have brought it from the woods to the roadside? Or maybe the sicko murder finally decided it was safe to dump the remains (way less likely).

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Queen_City For This Useful Post:

After 8 years I wonder how many leads or info still come in if any. 8 years is too long, I hope and pray somehow someway there will be some peace for her family and all those who still search and share her story to this day.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AWOLNATION For This Useful Post:

*Bump*

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iluvmua For This Useful Post:

Does anyone know if all of Brianna's coworkers at the restaurant were checked out? Did any of them leave to go home instead of hanging around to party after the restaurant closed?

Quote Originally Posted by McSpy View Post
    Does anyone know if all of Brianna's coworkers at the restaurant were checked out? Did any of them leave to go home instead of hanging around to party after the restaurant closed?
    I wondered the same thing. I wondered about how many people at her job knew where she was going and to what extent, and if any of them may have been getting off work at the same time and maybe caught a ride with her that no one knows about.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to AWOLNATION For This Useful Post:

If someone was in the car with her, maybe that explains why she ended up off the road. Maybe there was some sort of struggle or argument.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to dogperson For This Useful Post:

Bump. Never Forget

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AWOLNATION For This Useful Post:

Continuing to BUMP until Brianna is found

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AWOLNATION For This Useful Post:

Brianna, I still think of you a lot. I hope that the day you are brought home to your family comes soon.
    Here a , there a , everywhere a

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neverletgo For This Useful Post:

Never Forget Brianna!

- This is AWOLNATION

48. The Following User Says Thank You to AWOLNATION For This Useful Post:

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast