1132 users online (227 members and 905 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light

WI - Brittany Zimmermann, 21, Madison, 2 April 2008

MADISON, Wis. -- Madison police detectives are investigating the death of a University of Wisconsin-Madison student whose body was found at a residence on Doty Street on Wednesday afternoon.

The victim has been identified as Brittany Sue Zimmermann, 21, of Marshfield. Zimmermann's family has been contacted.

Police said that a call came in at about 1 p.m. to check on the welfare of a person. Authorities said that a young woman was found dead at this location.

The exact cause of death hasn't been released, but investigators said that Zimmermann's death appears suspicious, WISC-TV reported.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/15774820/detail.html

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Another article: http://www.madison.com/tct/news/280050

Brittany Sue Zimmermann, who was murdered Wednesday in her campus area apartment, majored in medical microbiology and immunology at UW-Madison and planned to go on to medical school where she was going to take on infectious diseases, said her father Kevin Zimmermann.

"She had so much to offer the world," Zimmermann said by phone from Marshfield, noting that Brittany had a 4.0 grade-point average at Marshfield Senior High School and earned enough credits that when she entered college she was already considered a sophomore.

Brittany, 21, a college junior, was planning to graduate in the fall and marry fiance Jordan Gonnering next year in Hawaii, he said.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Her MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/zimmerbritt

Only one friend, whose own profile, though private, says "RIP Britt."

Steve

"It's too early in the investigation to tell if Zimmermann's death is connected to any of the previous unsolved slayings in the city, such as the Joel Marino and Kelly Nolan cases". http://www.channel3000.com/news/15774820/detail.html
    She was found in her own apartment I would be guessing someone she knew not a stranger I hope they catch who ever is responsible quickly. Prayers to Brittany's family and friends.

Weapon was a knife. "Chest trauma" is tentatively id'ed as cause of death.

She's from Marshfield - a smaller town in the middle of the state. Good sized town in the middle of a rural area... Maybe the 10th largest city in the state.

Doty Street is in the heart of campus.

She lived in the apartment with her fiancee - fiancee has not been quoted in the papers, nor is there mention of his whereabouts.

I've been posting info on the Kelly Nolan thread as well. This is likely a 200% increase in campus murders over the last 10 years. In 1997, a student was shot over a drug dispute but that's the last murder that I can recall. Two murders within a year is outrageous.

I'm wondering who called to have the police check her apartment?? Had she not been heard from in awhile? Where was the boyfriend at the time? So many questions...

Justice for Travis

She worked in the Registrar's office, and I would guess from other information, that if she hadn't shown up for work, someone would have called. Definitely if she didn't show up twice.

Plus, everyone has cell phones on campus now, so students expect to get a hold of each other. And, she's living with her fiancee, so likely she was not dead for more than a day - probably more like a few hours.

Hmmm... now they're saying the boyfriend found her body. I thought it was the police??

The victim, identified as Brittany Sue Zimmerman, was a UW junior from Marshfield. She was majoring in medical microbiology and immunology. Her boyfriend found her body in their apartment on Thursday afternoon.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/15782745/detail.html

Justice for Travis

The article says both - boyfriend found her and that police were called to check on her at 1pm.

OMG! Of course, you know what I am thinking on this one and how angry it makes me. Here we go again...dancing with MPD. If they had wrapped up the case on Kelly Nolan, we might not be reading this today. It burns me.

Police were investigating whether there was a connection between Zimmermann's death and an incident just before 1 p.m. Wednesday in the 500 block of West Washington Avenue in which a man entered a house shared by several UW-Madison students. The man left quickly after one of the students told him to leave, other residents of the house said.

http://www.madison.com/wsj/topstories/280001 (Bolded by me)

This should produce a sketch, at least. They need to concentrate on this person as a POI.

You know, there is a Fire Department on West Doty approximately 3 minutes from Zimmermann's apartment.

Also, it is only 1 minute (approx. 4 blocks) away from Kelly's apartment building. (Which is only .2 mi. from the Fire Department at 325 W. Johnson.)
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

MY son is an almost 21 year old biochemistry major at Madison! This is so sad. Are they looking at the bf, anyone know? Or is it looking like a random thing, I wonder? I'll have to ask my ds what people are saying on campus.

Eve

Another brutal assault/rape mentioned in 2004 plus an incident where a woman was slashed multiple times outside UWs Trip-Adams residence hall, but survived in '93. Her assailant was never found.:
    http://www.madison.com/archives/read...0406110179.php

Here is a similiar case from 1993 and this was all I ever found on it.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

They do have a suspect in the Joel Marino case from January and DNA: http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/ar...?article=21903

This was only 5 mins. away from Zimmermann's. Also, he was stabbed, the time was between 1:00-1:20 pm on a Wednesday outside his home.

On the day of the homicide, investigators believe Mr. Marino was home all morning and was stabbed in his house between 1:00 p.m. and 1:20 p.m. In addition the probe indicates the suspect likely fled the Marino home and ran southbound on West Shore Drive. During his flight he discarded the white cap and Puma backpack in the West Shore neighborhood. The perpetrator was last seen near the intersection of South Park and Parr Streets.

http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/ar...?article=21903 (Bolded by me)

The Fire Department is only 4 minutes southwest from this location.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Hi SS - good to see you!

What's the Fire Department connection? Just that they would respond quickly?

West Wash would run parallel to Doty - a block or two in between. My girlfriend lives very close to the murder. SCARY!

Notice the date of this Fireman's alleged breakdown in relation to Kelly Nolan:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50974

I had run across him while investigating Kelly Nolan's murder. (I didn't see the thread here until just now tho.) I did some investigating on the last name and found he could have some very direct connections to the U of W as a person with the same last name is one of their Benefactors. I have been trying to pursue more information on him for months.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast