1162 users online (186 members and 976 guests)  

Websleuths News

Patients get cancer from transplant

This is so sad. Two have already died of the same type of lymphoma that was not diagnosed until after the transplants. Two others are undergoing chemo treatments.
    http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ed...0,110520.story

This is very sad. Some types of pediatric cancer are very hard to diagnose
    but you would have thought with all of this medical attention they would have had better answers, sooner.

My DD cannot even donate blood because she had cancer as a kid, and she is cured...

Lynie

They said that type of cancer reacts well to treatment. Gosh, if they had diagnosed the cancer while he was alive, could they have saved his life?

fran

This hits too close to home for me. My hubby had a transplant recently and although he had undergone vigorous testing for cancer himself before they would consider him a candidate for transplant, the donor died suddenly of a stroke and was not screened for cancer. Now it's a waiting game.

How sad...may prayers for the families going thru this.

Quote Originally Posted by panglossian View Post
    This hits too close to home for me. My hubby had a transplant recently and although he had undergone vigorous testing for cancer himself before they would consider him a candidate for transplant, the donor died suddenly of a stroke and was not screened for cancer. Now it's a waiting game.
    Many prayers for you guys.
    I couldn't even imagine how scary this must be.

Bless you sweety. I hope and pray all works out well for you and hubby.

fran

Sorry you're going through this.