Computer Advice Using Smilies

Sherlock

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi Everyone:

I need computer help again! I downloaded a bunch of smilies, and I can use them in my email and supposedly IM's (which I haven't gotten to work yet). But, I'm wondering how I can use them here? Does anyone have a way of doing that?

Thanks again!

-Sherlock

Sherlock, It's a laugh for me to attempt to offer computer advice but I think you have to be able to hyperlink them as you do with siggies.

Someone posted this site:

http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/pageindex.htm

which has lots of great ones. and what you do is paste the url for the inidividual smilie

like this

15.gif

You can: highlight the url, do "control c" and then when you move your cursor to post hit "control v" to paste it, hope that helps.

Thanks Newswolf! Those are cute, but I still wish I could figure out how to get these...

I appreciate all your help. Now, can you get me into the damned chat room????? lol

-Sherlock

Sherlock... they have to be hosted on the internet somewhere to work.

You can try angelfire.com for free web space... or if your internet provider gives you some free webspace you can upload them there.

I have my own website thats why I am able to host whatever I like.. by the way - I have a page of smilies you are welcome to use (or anyone) :)

[url]http://www.casshew.com/cassfaces.htm[/url]

Thanks Cass! If you want, I can send you the file of these other smilies.

Psst...how do you know so much about this stuff? lol

-Sherlock

Newswolf said:
Sherlock I WISH I could help you get into CHAT!!

Me too! I miss you guys! I don't have much time at night to get in. I wish I did.

I've been IM'ing with Mrs. Mush, so if anything earth-shattering happens in chat, she'll tell me! lol

Newswolf said:
Sherlock I WISH I could help you get into CHAT!!
Oh yeah.... Sherlock would sure brighten up the chat room :D

How do I know so much about this stuff... ummmm...

LinnieB taught me everthing she knows :loser:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back