1088 users online (197 members and 891 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

FL - Man Threatens Va Tech Like Attack

Twenty year old Calin Wong had a chit load of weapons at his parents home including four AK's, and a ton of ammunition. He had posted on an internet site that he was going to carry out an attack the likes of the Virginia Tech tragedy. Wong first came to the attention of Homestead, Florida police when he made a complaint saying he got ripped off of $800.00. He was selling and buying weapons and ammo. After receiving no help Wong made the threat. This guy even had bullet proof vests in a backpack. More at link with photograph.http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...IxxswD8VQQPO80

Oh and Wong told LE that if Hillary Clinton gets voted in she'll put a ban on assault rifles. Thus his brilliant idea of stocking up. Just what we need is somebody like this guy seeling assault rifles under the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Oh and Wong told LE that if Hillary Clinton gets voted in she'll put a ban on assault rifles. Thus his brilliant idea of stocking up. Just what we need is somebody like this guy seeling assault rifles under the table.
    Filly, are you opposed to selling assault rifles (under or over the table), or just opposed to 'somebody like this guy' doing so? Because it seems to me that many people in America are in favor of assault rifles for 'people like themselves', but oppose it for people 'like this guy'. Just curious where the line is drawn. Thanks.

What is the point of people owning assault rifles? To even the playing field?!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

I have no idea what the point is, either, SS. To assault people is all I can figure. Perhaps someone who has a reason to own them will chime in?

Quote Originally Posted by Truly View Post
    Filly, are you opposed to selling assault rifles (under or over the table), or just opposed to 'somebody like this guy' doing so? Because it seems to me that many people in America are in favor of assault rifles for 'people like themselves', but oppose it for people 'like this guy'. Just curious where the line is drawn. Thanks.
    Truly, personally I don't know why any civilian would need an assault rifle. However I'd be concerned that another ban may lead toward a banning of all firearms. Criminals are going to do what criminals do and not obey the law so I'd worry they'll be running around with all the firearms when I wouldn't be able to protect myself. I'm not sure of the stats but them weapons are difficult to conceal and I think they've only been used a small percentage of times in crimes. However, once is too much. I didn't mean to lean towards the "that guy and "me". My grandfather was murdered with a .22 rifle which is fairly common a firearm. Well, as far as firearms go I'm pretty sure. They'd be in the ban though. Basically, I don't want to scream "Yes, yes, yes ban that .22" because again that was some criminal decided to burglarize a store where my loved one happened to be.If he had been carrying maybe alot of people would have been spared the hell of getting that phone call their loved ones were murdered for a couple of buscks. Meanwhile Calin Wong just lost his money making business it looks like.

Truly, personally I don't know why any civilian would need an assault rifle. However I'd be concerned that another ban may lead toward a banning of all firearms. Criminals are going to do what criminals do and not obey the law so I'd worry they'll be running around with all the firearms when I wouldn't be able to protect myself. I'm not sure of the stats but them weapons are difficult to conceal and I think they've only been used a small percentage of times in crimes. However, once is too much. I didn't mean to lean towards the "that guy and "me". My grandfather was murdered with a .22 rifle which is fairly common a firearm. Well, as far as firearms go I'm pretty sure. They'd be in the ban though. Basically, I don't want to scream "Yes, yes, yes ban that .22" because again that was some criminal decided to burglarize a store where my loved one happened to be.If he had been carrying maybe alot of people would have been spared the hell of getting that phone call their loved ones were murdered for a couple of buscks. Meanwhile Calin Wong just lost his money making business it looks like.
    Hmmm...so, I'm not sure i follow, but...do you think people should be able to own a .22, but not a fully automatic assault weapon? Or do you think that everybody should be armed to the teeth? What ban specifically are you referring to? An attempt to ban assault weapons?

This issue is sort of controversial, tied in with the Second Amendment after all. I just don't get why people want these weapons so readily available and easily accessible at all. It seems to me that the only purpose of assault weapons is to kill large numbers of people at the touch of a trigger.

You're right, Truly this is too controversial. Possibly it can be brought up in another forum. I appreciate your thoughts on the matter. I'm glad that Calin Wong didn't carry out his threat.

You're right, Truly this is too controversial. Possibly it can be brought up in another forum. I appreciate your thoughts on the matter. I'm glad that Calin Wong didn't carry out his threat.
    I did not say it was too controversial.

I would have appreciated hearing your thoughts on the matter.

What is the point of being an American if you cannot discuss the pertinent issues of the day, honestly and openly?

I am glad, too, that another person with assault weapons did not have the chance to use them.
    Last edited by Truly; 04-04-2008 at 11:42 AM.

The Feds are now involved regarding Calin Wong's threats over the internet to carry out a Virginia Tech like attack. Wong's brother stated his older brother didn't even know how to use a gun, and this was a hobby of sort like "trading Pokemon cards". Wong has admitted to making at least twenty threats over the internet in the past year.http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...IxxswD8VRE0OO0