798 users online (143 members and 655 guests)  

Websleuths News

Marketing in a tough housing market

This made me laugh, what a creative idea to market your home in a tight housing market.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...,2098576.story

MINNEAPOLIS - Whoever buys Bob Fanning's house will hope he dies. And Fanning is fine with that.

Trying to separate his 5,600 square-foot western Wisconsin home from others in the real estate glut, Fanning, 69, has come up with an odd incentive: The buyer will be named beneficiary to a 10-year, $500,000 term life insurance policy. If Fanning dies in that time, the purchase price of the Whitehall, Wis., home listed at $498,900 is covered.

"He's an outside-the-box thinker, no question about it," said his Realtor, Wayne Peters.

Pretty clever! If I were looking to buy, it would make me take a look or two at this property.

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom View Post
    This made me laugh, what a creative idea to market your home in a tight housing market.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...,2098576.story

MINNEAPOLIS - Whoever buys Bob Fanning's house will hope he dies. And Fanning is fine with that.

Trying to separate his 5,600 square-foot western Wisconsin home from others in the real estate glut, Fanning, 69, has come up with an odd incentive: The buyer will be named beneficiary to a 10-year, $500,000 term life insurance policy. If Fanning dies in that time, the purchase price of the Whitehall, Wis., home listed at $498,900 is covered.

"He's an outside-the-box thinker, no question about it," said his Realtor, Wayne Peters.
    aww geez.

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    In 2 years we will be discussing on WS whether Bob's death really was a suicide or a murder made to look like a suicide.