1010 users online (134 members and 876 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Mega Millions Winner to Boss: I'm outta here!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,346349,00.html

LANSING, Mich. — David Sneath has worked at a Ford Motor Co. parts warehouse for 34 years, but it didn't take him any time at all to walk out once he discovered he'd won a $136 million Mega Millions jackpot.
    "I yelled to the boss, 'I'm out of here,"' the Livonia man said Thursday after coming to state Lottery Bureau headquarters in downtown Lansing to pick up his first $1 million check.
    Sneath said the reality of his win has yet to sink in. (much more at link)

He won on April 1st (his 60th birthday) and nobody believed him when he told them he won! lol

I don't blame him. I'd do the same.

I don't think I'd quit my job. I'd take a leave of absence though to go on some dream vacation. Other than buying a newer/bigger place in the city and new vehicles for hubby and me, my life would remain the same.

Well, I guess not totally the same, I obviously wouldn't have to worry abuot about making ends meet and I'd splurge more at Christmas time.

I think I would ask my dh to quit his job if he didn't want to. I'd like to see him under less stress and hopefully live a longer time with me!

Me...can't quit this job, but I could hire a maid, chef, chauffer...ahhhhh keep dreaming.

This guy worked at Ford for 34 years. I bet that he can retire with benefits. I hope that he didn't disqualify himself for anything coming to him.

What a win! 136 MILLION bucks.

I'd go into work, jump on the desk and sing at the top of my lungs "What a feeling" and then I'd moon everyone on my way out.

But, that's just me.....

What a great guy for giving his regular lotto buddies $1M each even though the ticket wasn't part of the group's regular play.

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim View Post
    This guy worked at Ford for 34 years. I bet that he can retire with benefits. I hope that he didn't disqualify himself for anything coming to him.
    I doubt it. Ford is 30 and out. I'll bet he doesn't care.

What is he giving his son who bought the tickets for him?

panglossian, if he's giving his co-workers 1 mil each, I bet he's taking real good care of his kids!

HE STOLE MY TICKET Oh yeah, I quit my job.. I might give notice though, not sure.. but I certainly would be out of here.. take time off and if I get bored, I'd work part time..

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I'd go into work, jump on the desk and sing at the top of my lungs "What a feeling" and then I'd moon everyone on my way out.

But, that's just me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    panglossian, if he's giving his co-workers 1 mil each, I bet he's taking real good care of his kids!
    Sounds like he's even planning on taking care of his "significant" ex!