New Absolut Vodka Ad

brad

The Prez - Arithmomaniac
Reaction score
2383371667_df5fc24e2d.jpg

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/laplaza/2008/04/mexico-reconque.html

Mexico reconquers California? Absolut drinks to that!

The latest advertising campaign in Mexico from Swedish vodka maker Absolut promises to push all the right buttons south of the U.S. border, but it could ruffle a few feathers in El Norte.

yup...I'll stick with Fris....

what's next...in the US a big ad with a HUGE fence along the border?? I mean what are they trying to accomplish here?

Oh man. I don't think I could bring myself to boycott Absolut. :eek:

:slap:
I will help you :crazy:

You'll help me drink it, or boycott it?

Hey, how 'bout this??

What if I work on drinking it "all gone?" :D

That's OK....it just means they'll have to go farther to sneak across the border and the Sierra's get mighty cold in the winter.

Somebody drank too much of the company product when they came up with that.

Just in case, here in Denver I'm going to start practicing my Spanish.

Donde estan los banos?

Now if they start doing this with Kulua and tequila I could understand..but how many Vodka drinkers live in EL Mexico? Not enough evidently ...

I help a friend at her liquor store and I ONLY push Titos Vodka. Now I have a reason to REALLY push the Titos.

what's next...in the US a big ad with a HUGE fence along the border?? I mean what are they trying to accomplish here?

Holding this thread as proof: to get attention and people's tongues wagging. Of course, they have made a statement about this and pointed out that this was only ran in Mexico and aimed at the Mexican market... that it is nothing more than another round of their artistic label campaigns. Well, yes, it is artistic in the truest vain of Absolut being known for putting art on their bottles and ads... but one can't tell me that Absolut didn't realize that it would cause an uproar. They knew it... they know it... but I don't think they realized at how huge the uproar would get and that it would turn to bite them on the bum.

One thing is for sure: this kind of uproar just increased the value of this particular bottle label and ad, alone. Collectors will be scrambling to own it...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back