1240 users online (216 members and 1024 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Bumping.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

What a mysterious story. Did anyone ever found out the details of the individual on FB?
    “Later that night I held an atlas in my lap, ran my fingers across the whole world
    and whispered, where does it hurt?
    It answered… everywhere everywhere everywhere.”

-
    Find Dani
    Madison Doe
    Where is Sherin?
    -
    IMO.
    "Имaте Петрова огъня."
    "You have the Petrova fire."

Woodward is my home town and I got to be an extra for the Unsolved Mysteries episode.
    Where's Logan Tucker?

Baffling!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Natasha (Tash) Simp
    Joan was also abducted at age four... most people don't have clear memories until age 5 or 6 - if she was placed with a childless couple, she might have grown up not remembering her real family.
    Do you have a source for that information about memory? I have many clear memories from the age of three onward and even a couple from before I turned two. I have an aunt who has memories from before she turned one.
    Quote Originally Posted by annegrete
    I believe Joan lived to adulthood. If she has passed, it's as an adult of natural causes. Those men DID NOT kill her.
    She may have been sold. (I wonder whether her picture had appeared in any newspapers prior to her abduction.) However, it's entirely possible that the men were sexual predators who used her and then killed her. I agree with a previous poster thaf DNA needs to be taken from the unidentified toddler buried after the storm.

I don't know anything about the person on Facebook. The page was created and appears to be abandoned. However, they are "friends" with another Joan Croft. There are friends on both pages from Oklahoma. Anyone can create a Facebook page, but a real person with some sort of identification, had to register the non-profit in Oklahoma City.

Found a couple of other odd things. I don't know much about twitter but there is a tweet from a Joan Gaye Croft in 2011 that says she posted her case and hopes family understands. I don't know what @ part means but it has the same last name as a person who is friends on the Facebook page.
    There is a federal appeals court case Constien v. United States. It is a case out of Oklahoma. Way down on the details of the case, the article mentions a letter that had the return address of Joan Gaye Croft at the same location as the person who filed the case lived. It is the same name as the person mentioned on the twitter post.
    That gives two legal documents (the court case and the non-profit registration) for a Joan Gaye Croft in Oklahoma. The legal case ties her to the same last name as mentioned on the tweet and as a friend on the Facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet_72 View Post
    Found a couple of other odd things. I don't know much about twitter but there is a tweet from a Joan Gaye Croft in 2011 that says she posted her case and hopes family understands. I don't know what @ part means but it has the same last name as a person who is friends on the Facebook page.
    There is a federal appeals court case Constien v. United States. It is a case out of Oklahoma. Way down on the details of the case, the article mentions a letter that had the return address of Joan Gaye Croft at the same location as the person who filed the case lived. It is the same name as the person mentioned on the twitter post.
    That gives two legal documents (the court case and the non-profit registration) for a Joan Gaye Croft in Oklahoma. The legal case ties her to the same last name as mentioned on the tweet and as a friend on the Facebook page.
    The name may be a coincidence.

Although I mentioned before that the men might have been sexual predators, I should probably add that I consider it unlikely.

I think they were probably from a private adoption agency. Someone (perhaps to earn a quick buck) may have told them that Joan's parents had been killed and that Joan was available for adoption. It may have even been a family member--perhaps someone who didn't think the stepfather could handle two daughters on his own.

Name could be a coincidence but the tweet says she "posted my case. Years in the making!. hope family understands." The Facebook page says she is from Woodward, Oklahoma. One of those instant records online sources lists Joan Gaye Croft in Oklahoma City as 74 years old. That is a lot of coincidences.
    Even if the the tweet and Facebook pages are fake, there is a person named Joan Gaye Croft, the correct age, living in Oklahoma City. Of course, to believe it is her, you have to believe she didn't leave Oklahoma and never married. There is also the matter of the Gaye/Gay middle name. The letters to the journalist say she lived in Oklahoma but under a different name.
    The letter to the journalist change the spelling of Gay/Gaye in the letter. Her father's name is listed as Orlin, but was apparently Olin. Maybe the letters, Facebook page and tweet are an elaborate fraud. Since the tweet references a real person, J. J. Constein who seems to have some connection to real person named Joan Gaye Croft, it would have to be a pretty elaborate hoax.

I don't know what @ part means
    On Twitter an @ is the first element in every handle or user name. It effectively denotes a twitter account. So @whitehouse is the official twitter account of The White House. If you include someone's user name in a tweet, complete with the @ in front, that user will see your tweet.

Eg, if you tweet "It's time @whitehouse got a handle on this", the people actually operating The White House's account will see your tweet.

I'm looking at the page, and I think it might be a twitter account with only one tweet. It was set up in 2011. I don't want to violate any rules regarding social media, but this is clearly a twitter account with someone trying to link themselves to the Joan Gay Croft story. It is like they started to tell their story by setting up a twitter account (2011), a Facebook account (2015) and contacting the writer (1999), but kept changing her mind.
    The Facebook page mentions says she says she attended Capitol Hill High School and St. John's College. Capitol Hill School is in Oklahoma City. I don't know where St. John's College is. According to the letters to the journalist, she went to high school in Oklahoma City. Someone could probably find alumni lists for the appropriate Capitol Hill classes.

I'm looking at the page, and I think it might be a twitter account with only one tweet. It was set up in 2011. I don't want to violate any rules regarding social media, but this is clearly a twitter account with someone trying to link themselves to the Joan Gay Croft story. It is like they started to tell their story by setting up a twitter account (2011), a Facebook account (2015) and contacting the writer (1999), but kept changing her mind.
    The Facebook page mentions says she says she attended Capitol Hill High School and St. John's College. Capitol Hill School is in Oklahoma City. I don't know where St. John's College is. According to the letters to the journalist, she went to high school in Oklahoma City. Someone could probably find alumni lists for the appropriate Capitol Hill classes.
    I'm skeptical but definitely intrigued. My first thought is that it's someone seeking attention, like the woman who pretended to be Anastasia for years.

I don't believe that this JGC is connected to the one from this case - just my opinion and instinct but I think it would be too unlikely that an abducted child would be allowed to keep her real name (albeit with a slightly different spelling of the middle name).

Interestingly - if I have researched this correctly - it looks as though the original Joan's step-father Olin had at least three marriages. First to Haisell, then to Cleta (Joan's mother) then in 1948 to Rena. Perhaps Olin and Rena named one of their children after Joan and it's this JGC the 2nd who is on social media? It's a long shot and pure speculation but it is something that families used to do when they had lost a child - name a subsequent child the same name. I have an instance of this in my own family.

This article seems the closest thing I have found to the case looking like being solved: http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/woodw...59581419e.html The article implies that the woman who feels she is the original JGC has the right blood type to be her and that she's been in contact with the Croft family and confirmed physical resemblance and everyone including LE think it's probably her. The odd thing from the article though is that it says she's saving up money to afford a DNA test to confirm things - wouldn't LE go ahead and get the DNA test done to solve the case? It says here on JGC's Namus that DNA is available.
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/32412

Quote Originally Posted by sunnynz View Post
    I don't believe that this JGC is connected to the one from this case - just my opinion and instinct but I think it would be too unlikely that an abducted child would be allowed to keep her real name (albeit with a slightly different spelling of the middle name).

Interestingly - if I have researched this correctly - it looks as though the original Joan's step-father Olin had at least three marriages. First to Haisell, then to Cleta (Joan's mother) then in 1948 to Rena. Perhaps Olin and Rena named one of their children after Joan and it's this JGC the 2nd who is on social media? It's a long shot and pure speculation but it is something that families used to do when they had lost a child - name a subsequent child the same name. I have an instance of this in my own family.

This article seems the closest thing I have found to the case looking like being solved: http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/woodw...59581419e.html The article implies that the woman who feels she is the original JGC has the right blood type to be her and that she's been in contact with the Croft family and confirmed physical resemblance and everyone including LE think it's probably her. The odd thing from the article though is that it says she's saving up money to afford a DNA test to confirm things - wouldn't LE go ahead and get the DNA test done to solve the case? It says here on JGC's Namus that DNA is available.
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/32412
    If she is in contact with the family why would she need a lot of money for a DNA test when they could get a test from the drug store and send it in?
    Am I missing something?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Note that that article is from 1994, which is way before DNA testing became as ubiquitous or accessible as it is now. I seem to recall a more recent update which advised that woman was eventually ruled out by DNA but I can't say for sure and I'm at work so I can't dig around for it. Does anyone else remember?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast