805 users online (116 members and 689 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

PA - Caseworker May Have Saved Boy's Lives

An unscheduled home visit in Moon County, PA by a caseworker just may have saved the lives of three boys. Their father, Chad Braun had left the children alone and it took several DAYS for LE to find him. His sons ages one, three and four were found filthy and starving. There was evidence of rubber tubing around the doorknobs to keep the kids from getting out. Despite thir father working for a pizza shop all they had to eat was frozen french fries and uncooked maccaroni. Braun is being held on $50,000 bond and LE is looking for the mother of the boys. Braun had sole custody of the children. The first thing Braun asked the police about when they found him was if his dog was alright. You got to be kidding me.http://kdka.com/local/Moon.Father.Neglect.2.691501.html

Thank God she found them!

What makes me sick is he can starve and abadon his children and he gets bail, and it's only $50,000!!

It Gets Worse

Two of the children had been taken by social services before, but Braun was not charged. In that case the boys lived with their mother, Shanene Wayne. I can't even go all into that without getting sick. The way the social worker got in was she had called the paternal grandmom, Elaine Haskins who went to the home and climbed through the window. Haskins had of course no comment. I truly can't even type what them kids were living like.http://www.timesonline.com/articles/...e224691953.txt

I hope they terminate parental rights on both of them ASAP and get the kids into an adoptive home that will take them all so they can stay together. There is no reason in the world for DHS to drag it out by attempting to work with the family and provide services and a case plan for reunification. Their track record speaks for itself. They are UNFIT to be parents and that will never change!

It saddens me no end that these children will probably be the ones to suffer by being separated and bounced from foster home to foster home while these POS parents aren't even in prison!

Linda, you are right. Especially about them being seperated. It seems one of those boys doesn't have the same biological mom and the mother has a daughter that is around five years old. It must be awful. First you have a few siblings and then you don't and then you do. I have a friend raised up over in Saint Vincent's when it was still an orphanage over there by Tacony/Palmyra. Foster parents would take her but leave her brothers. She'd act out just so she'd get sent back. Horrible way to live.

These poor babies...I hurt SO much for them...
    One of the kids had "scraped knuckles" where he was trying to get out...Oh I will stop reading here...can't bear anymore....

OhMyGosh! This is really, really bad. Poor babies.

Hope they take those babies away from him permanently. He does not deserve these children and he will not change!

fran

I can't read anymore than the comments about this today, and the comments are too much. My prayers go out to those little ones, that they can get into a loving home, and make a connection and learn love before it is too late. I pray they don't have that attachment disorder. (Where's that crying smilie?!)

My heart goes out to these little angels. I hope that they are able to get a real home full of love and attention. Hopefully they are young enough where they won't remember this.

Well, all I can say is that if a social worker saved a child...that is a first!! I am glad they were found, but it sounds like too little and almost TOO LATE!

My thoughts are that something should have been done long before this happened and that case worker, imo, is no hero. It was her job to know the condition the children were living in to begin with and obviously...no one was really keeping up.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Well, all I can say is that if a social worker saved a child...that is a first!! I am glad they were found, but it sounds like too little and almost TOO LATE!

My thoughts are that something should have been done long before this happened and that case worker, imo, is no hero. It was her job to know the condition the children were living in to begin with and obviously...no one was really keeping up.
    Thank you! This is exactly what I was thinking.
    Just thinkin' out loud....

I agree I am glad a caseworker did something good in the news for once. These poor children. I am so greatful that I am not a selfish peice of crap like that. I would neverrrrrrrr let my kids suffer.

I would hope he'd get sterilized but I doubt it will happen
    Where was the grandmother when all this was happening? She lived somewhere local since the caseworker was able to have her come over, I'm thinking she had to know somewhat the conditions there. I hope the boys are able to get a real home and also the dog.

VB

Can It Get Any Worse?

This is sad. These little babies were probably used to living under these conditions. On April 7, 2006 Shanene Wayne was given five years probation. Again a social worker had found the children in deplorable conditions. Locked in a room and left in a crib all full of human waste. So social services took them from the mom and gave them right to the dad who did the same exact thing. The article is down almost at the bottom of this link.http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_441138.html

My very dear Filly,
    Hello my friend!

Thank-you for the thread.
    The man asking about the dog reminds me of Gary Hilton....

So much Love and Respect for you,
    dark_shadows