1202 users online (236 members and 966 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    I went to the beginning threads and did not find a article that stated as a fact that DP picked up TM at a park. Even on findstacy.com timeline it reflects this bit of information as being "unsubstantiated". Guess we will have to wait to hear from TM to confirm if he was picked up at a park by DP.

How did this get started anyways?

http://www.wqad.com/Global/story.asp...&nav=menu132_3

EAST MOLINE, Illinois -- It's the case that's hit airwaves across the nation since October. The disappearance of Drew Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy and every little detail of the case is locked behind doors in East Moline.

On April sixth, a key piece of evidence washed up on Long Beach. In a matter of minutes news crews were on scene wanting the inside story.

"As soon as people hear a blue barrel they think Stacy Peterson and it was my decision to refer them to jurisdiction rather than us make a statement."

Has anyone else heard or read anything about a key peice of evidence found on April 6th?
    Last edited by DeltaDawn; 04-16-2008 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
    I went to the beginning threads and did not find a article that stated as a fact that DP picked up TM at a park. Even on findstacy.com timeline it reflects this bit of information as being "unsubstantiated". Guess we will have to wait to hear from TM to confirm if he was picked up at a park by DP.

How did this get started anyways?
    I am trying to find some things over at ACandyRose.com...I let you know if there are any statements there about the park.

http://www.acandyrose.com/stacy_pete...ss_morphey.htm

SNIP/

2007-11-29Greta: On The Record
    November 29, 2007
    re: Thomas MorpheyStarbucks coffee shop has no videos? Nope, Nope
    Nope, and
    more Nope Maybe they didn't go to StarbucksILL

"GRETA VAN SUSTEREN: All right. Has your — did your client see Tom Morphey or talk to him on the Sunday Stacy disappeared?
    JOEL BRODSKY (Peterson's attorney): Absolutely not.
    VAN SUSTEREN: Never saw him?
    BRODSKY: Never saw him.
    VAN SUSTEREN: Never picked him up in a park?
    BRODSKY: Never picked him up in a park or anywhere else.
    VAN SUSTEREN: Never took him to a coffee shop and put a cell phone down on the table?
    BRODSKY: Never, which would — it would seem to me that that could be verified by the fact that there's no video of it. In this day and age, you know, every coffee shop, Starbucks or such, has video surveillance in it. And since there's no video, I mean, once again, it goes to prove the lack of credibility of the story."
    /SNIP

Here you go Littledeer..from Greta's show..talking with JAB about picking Tom up at the park that evening.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    Post 119 at this thread

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...rk#post1828166

Leila talks about Drew picking Morphy up at a park and going to the coffee shop. So it sounds basically like the same story, but a couple of details got confused.

Thanks Mysteriew for finding that post. I knew I remembered the park being mentioned.

I think the reason most don't remember the park as part of the story, is because the prime elements of Tom Morphey's story are - coffee shop, cell phone, and moving a blue container - warm to the touch. The park is only mentioned in passing.

I find it interesting that there is a minor difference between what Walter Martinek related, and what John Morphey related. Walter Martinek said DP picked TM up at a park and left him in a coffee shop with DP's cell phone. John Morphey said that DP and TM were at a coffee shop and DP took TM to a park where DP left him with DP's cell phone. The coffee shop and the park are still a part of the story, but reversed.

I do remember the park being mentioned earlier and that the park was first then the coffee shop. I'm not surprised to see it mentioned again and not necessarily in the same order. ONE of the versions is correct. Which one probably won't be confirmed until trial. IMO....I've seen this so many times where I see a report and a day or so later it comes up somewhere else, the same thing but out of order or whatever.

I've always believed Thomas Morphey's story. He has {proof} that DP can't dispute, IMO.

What's DP or his attorney going to say about the {witness} who allegedly saw him and Thomas moving the barrel to the SUV? Oh, I know, he's mistaken too. It wasn't him, it wasn't Thomas, it wasn't his SUV, it wasn't his blue barrel that is NOW MISSING!

Yeah, right!

I love it when DP keeps talking. He said the other night on LKL that he was at home in bed when Stacy called him at 9:00 that night. That's why he was {witnessed} with another man putting the barrel in his SUV and that's why Cassandra went to the home at 11:00-11:30 and talked to DP's son who said his dad was NOT home because he was looking for Stacy and they had had a BIG FIGHT that day.

Keep talkin' DP, keep talkin'!

JMHO
    fran

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/h...SON_S1.article

Barrel use by peterson is alleged
    POLICE LOOKING FOR MAN WHO MAY HAVE LOADED RECEPTACLE INTO VEHICLE WITH EX-OFFICERNovember 23, 2007

By JOE HOSEY Staff Writer

BOLINGBROOK -- A neighbor told police he spotted Drew Peterson and a mystery man loading a large blue barrel into the disgraced cop's GMC Denali hours after his young wife was last seen alive, sources said.

The identity of the man accompanying Peterson was not known, a pair of police sources said.

"That's who we're looking for," one of the sources said, describing the barrel as blue and large.

"It's between 35 and 55 gallons," he said. "Big enough to put someone in."

I guess my point is that I remember visualizing TM sitting at the coffee shop watching that cell phone go off while it sat on the coffee shop table IDing "Stacy" as the caller. I guess it will depend on where I first heard that and who the source was.

Either way, TM was left sitting alone somewhere with a cell phone while "Stacy" (ha) called it from another location and he was told not to answer it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDawn View Post

EAST MOLINE, Illinois -- It's the case that's hit airwaves across the nation since October. The disappearance of Drew Peterson's fourth wife, Stacy and every little detail of the case is locked behind doors in East Moline.

On April sixth, a key piece of evidence washed up on Long Beach. In a matter of minutes news crews were on scene wanting the inside story.

"As soon as people hear a blue barrel they think Stacy Peterson and it was my decision to refer them to jurisdiction rather than us make a statement."

Has anyone else heard or ready anything about a key peice of evidence found on April 6th?
    I don't remember hearing that! I haven't kept up with all the threads though either. How could it be a "key piece of evidence" if they aren't even sure it belongs to this case?

Right, I remember the park mentioned too. Also on one of the many Greta shows, I believe that Mark Fuhrman was the one that also recounted the story about the park..also remember the confusion at that same time over which coffee shop it was they were at that night, because there are a couple in the same general area. In clearing up which coffe shop it was, the park was also mentioned.

What is so wonderful is that now two very decent people have come forward to say that they were aware of Tom's story before they were aware that Stacy wa infact missing.

How could Drew's mom and stepdad even look at Drew now, much less the comments they made in the past. I hope Jon as told his mom and dad the truth about what Tom said that night and also what he told him.

Boy these GJ hearings are really having some interesting people that can collaborate each others storys.
    I totally agree! Walter Martinek was the first to feel compelled to tell the police, in light of Tom's suicide attempt, what Tom had told him. I'm sure that John Morphey also told the police what Tom told him just prior to taking an overdose of medications. Imagine feeling so much despair over a situation in which you had no control, that you would attempt suicide. So, now we know that the police had a good, solid, reason for placing Tom in protective custody. He is their prime witness.

When you think about the people who've come before the grand jury since early November, and we know a little bit about what they've testified to, it's mind boggling. There is no doubt that the grand jury will indict DP, it's just a matter of when.

Very early in the case, DP's mother, Betty Morphey, spoke out in defense of DP. She's been quiet since late November, and just recently when it was learned that DP's parents were called before the grand jury, DP made the comment that his mother had alzheimers. This makes me wonder if there's been a falling out between DP and his mother?

I am just truly thankful that SOMEONE had a nugget of sense to keep TM hidden away. I'm remembering JAB and DP saying a few weeks ago that even they couldn't 'find' him.

That must be why DP has been hitting the media lately, he feels the heat and the walls are closing in. Brodsky has been so sure for months now that DP won't be charged with Stacy's dissappearance. IMO, most likely because they haven't found Stacy.

IMO, they just may not need a body. With the amount of circumstantial evidence that we've seen beginning to pile up, they most likely will be able to try him WITHOUT a body.

Circumstantial cases are very powerful!

Of course, for Stacy's sake and that of her family, I HOPE they find her.

Poor Stacy. She had no idea she would be his next victim. Or did she?

fran

PS....DP doesn't need the media to make him look bad. He manages very well all by himself. All he needs to do is open his mouth..........fran

Has anyone else heard or ready anything about a key peice of evidence found on April 6th?
    No, I sure have not! Thanks for posting this. I am wondering if he mispoke or if it is a "key piece of evidence". It seems he is saying that any blue barrel washing up anywhere that the media is going to jump on it as such.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Thanks everybody for the links, etc. to the "park". I think Leila hit it on the nail for why I don't remember the park being mentioned. Key words for me were "cell phone, coffee shop, don't answer, Stacy".

I've just gone back and read all the articles that are in the media thread since 4/5 and not one has said anything about a "key piece of evidence" being found on 4/6.

Is this something that LE has kept close to the vest, and are throwing it out now to let DP know???? Has a blue barrel washed up?? Possibly a piece of clothing of Stacy's or other evidence?

SS:::::::::: get on the trail!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    No, I sure have not! Thanks for posting this. I am wondering if he mispoke or if it is a "key piece of evidence". It seems he is saying that any blue barrel washing up anywhere that the media is going to jump on it as such.
    I tend to think he did misspeak SS, or the article was worded poorly.

I emailed the reporter who did this article and asked her to clarify two things..the key piece of evidence and where is Long Beach located that they are referencing ..what river, and what town?

If I hear back from her I will post here as to where Long Beach is and what was found.

Is anyone here local to that area that knows where Long Beach is in Illinois?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast