Dead body left in home for hours

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
GATINEAU, Que. (CP) - Six ambulance technicians have been suspended after refusing to transport the body of a man whose corpse lay in a home for at least 10 hours.

The technicians in this city near Ottawa said they were overwhelmed with work and could not pick up the body of a man in his 60s who died at his home on Monday night. Technicians asked for help from a neighbouring Ontario ambulance service, but were turned down on the grounds that Ontario law did not allow for the transportation of bodies.

Gatineau police also said they were not able to intervene.

Another Gatineau ambulance eventually picked up the body at around 10 a.m. Tuesday.

Andre Letourneau, spokesman for the technicians' union, said pressure tactics had nothing to do with the initial decision not to transport the body

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2004/03/30/402152-cp.html

Cass- I would think this would be pretty upsetting for the family, right? Any word on their response? L

lcookster said:
Cass- I would think this would be pretty upsetting for the family, right? Any word on their response? L

Hi there... I have not seen any follow up stories yet - but in todays world, no one responds.. they just sue :rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back