CO CO - Pamela Neal, 22, Englewood, 31 March 1983

Richard

Reaction score
Pamela Lynne Neal
Missing since March 31, 1983 from Englewood, Arapahoe County, Colorado.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 18, 1960
Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 110 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Scar on hand, scar on chin.
Clothing: Light green colored dress with white print and a lace collar, tan hip length leather jacket.
Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Neal was last seen March 31, 1983 in Englewood, Colorado. She worked as a bank teller and disappeared after returning to her apartment during her lunch hour. Her roommate found her lunch bag still on the table, her shoes underneath a coffee table and her purse nearby. The door to the apartment was cracked slightly open. She was seen entering the building but no one has seen her since.

She did not own a car or frequent nightclubs.

Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Englewood Police Department, Investigations
303-762-2438
or
303-762-2460

Agency Case Number: 83-7270

NCIC Number: M-098855195

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
California Department of Justice
Rocky Mountain News
Unresolved Homicides
The Doe Network: Case File 1417DFCO

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1417dfco.html

Thanks for the article JusticeWillBeServed. Very nicely done. Sad to hear the tragic ends to those beautiful other girls stories :(

Pamela's case is definitely perplexing. Seems as if someone just popped open her door (maybe someone that had been watching her for awhile or who followed her) and maybe ran at her and grabbed her, or maybe told her to come see something and she left with them; with the way things were just casually left behind and the door being ajar. But weird too, because there was no struggle, no one saw anything strange, or her leave the apt. Which these types of cases really leave me boggled since no one heard or saw anything mid-day...

Hope this gets solved for the sake of her parents/family peace. I wonder if her father is still alive?

"It was 1983 when a young bank teller vanished on her lunch break"

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/cold-case-spotlight/it-was-1983-when-young-bank-teller-vanished-her-lunch-n352346

Several theories have emerged about what could have happened that day. Police thought perhaps she had run down to grab her mail and was abducted there. Another scenario, the most likely according to Englewood police, was that Pamela did not lock the apartment's front door and someone took advantage of that, surprised and kidnapped her. Officials found Pamela's shoes underneath the coffee table and her roommate believed none of her other shoes were missing.

33 Years After Colorado Bank Teller Pamela Neal Vanished, Case Remains Unsolved

On what would otherwise be characterized as a routine Thursday afternoon 33 years ago last week, Pamela Lynne Neal left work for her lunch break.

Although Pamela's body has never been found, her case is listed as a homicide and not a missing person's case.

"It would be painful if they found her body, but the uncertainty of what happened just amplifies the pain by a factor of many times," Barney Neal, Pamela's father, told the Denver Post a few weeks after his daughter vanished. The family poured thousands of dollars and hours into searching for Pamela, but have remained private in recent years.

pamela_lynn_neal_a4e9d0793f7d0dd5f89ed25cdef78fac.nbcnews-ux-600-700.jpg

Just curious-why would you go home to eat a bag lunch? Could that be a key?

She lived really close to her job. The more detailed story I read said that she would watch her favorite soap opera during her lunch break.

Police officers went to the third-floor apartment and found the front door to the apartment ajar. When they entered the apartment they found her lunch – a piece of fried chicken and a cheese and macaroni side dish – in an unopened bag on the coffee table.

Her lottery ticket was still inside a wallet inside her purse, which was standing next to the coffee table. She hadn’t had time to scratch the ticket to see if it was a winner. An unopened pack of cigarettes and another half a pack, were left behind.

Her shoes were under the coffee table, suggesting she had kicked them off when she got inside the door. The keys she usually tossed onto a chair lay on the floor. She probably missed the chair when she tossed them that day.

Ordinarily, she’d turn on her stereo and crank up the sound or turn on the TV and watch her favorite soap opera while she ate her lunch. All the evidence suggested that she was in her apartment a very short time.

Also:

At 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 31, 1983, Pamela, who didn’t have her own car, left her bank window and walked two blocks east to another bank.

She was wearing high-heeled shoes and a light green dress.She cashed a check and then stuffed several hundred dollars into her coat pocket.

Wondering if the money was missing as well.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcases/2014/08/09/englewood-2/9115/

The family may suspect Art Ross, but I doubt he was involved. For one thing, his window of opportunity was very slim. Pamela's lunch was uneaten; therefore, she was likely abducted near the beginning of her lunch period, not the end of it (as others have already noted). Art could not have made it to Pamela's apartment until the latter part of her lunch period.
Moreover, Art seems like a bit of a cad and a bounder; he doesn't seem like the jealous stalker type. On the contrary, it seems like Pamela was somewhat obsessed with him, and Pamela's emotional state was far from placid. A voluntary disappearance cannot be ruled out, nor can suicide.
Considering the way that Bruce Loundes insinuated himself into the investigation, I think he is a much stronger suspect that Art. It is possible that he and Art could have both been involved, with Loundes abducting Pamela at a time when Art had an alibi.

Thank you for providing that information AshieCoco!

The short window of time also makes me doubt that the boyfriend was involved. Do you know if he had an alibi for the rest of the day?

How big was the apartment building where she lived? Were there a lot of residents around at that time during the day? Were they questioned right away? It just seems that it would be more difficult for a non-resident to sneak in and somehow get her out of the building, without anyone noticing. I'm assuming it wouldn't have been voluntary since Pamela's shoes were left behind.

36 years have passed...

PLNeal.jpg
PLNeal1.jpg
PLNeal2.jpg

Pamela Lynne Neal
Missing since March 31, 1983 from Englewood, Arapahoe County, Colorado.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: July 18, 1960
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 110 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
    • Marks, Scars: Scar on hand, scar on chin.
    • Clothing: Light green colored dress with white print and a lace collar, tan hip length leather jacket.
    • Jewelry: Turquoise bracelet and turquoise ring.
    • Dentals: Available
Circumstances of Disappearance

Neal was last seen March 31, 1983 in Englewood, Colorado. She worked as a bank teller and disappeared after returning to her apartment during her lunch hour.

Her roommate found her lunch bag still on the table, her shoes underneath a coffee table and her purse nearby. The door to the apartment was cracked slightly open. She was seen entering the building but no one has seen her since. She did not own a car or frequent nightclubs.

Foul play is suspected.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Englewood Police Department, Investigations
303-762-2438
or
303-762-2460

Agency Case Number: 83-7270

NCIC Number: M-098855195
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
California Department of Justice
Rocky Mountain News
Unresolved Homicides
NamUs
The Doe Network: Case File 1417DFCO

The family may suspect Art Ross, but I doubt he was involved. For one thing, his window of opportunity was very slim. Pamela's lunch was uneaten; therefore, she was likely abducted near the beginning of her lunch period, not the end of it (as others have already noted). Art could not have made it to Pamela's apartment until the latter part of her lunch period.
Moreover, Art seems like a bit of a cad and a bounder; he doesn't seem like the jealous stalker type. On the contrary, it seems like Pamela was somewhat obsessed with him, and Pamela's emotional state was far from placid. A voluntary disappearance cannot be ruled out, nor can suicide.
Considering the way that Bruce Loundes insinuated himself into the investigation, I think he is a much stronger suspect that Art. It is possible that he and Art could have both been involved, with Loundes abducting Pamela at a time when Art had an alibi.
What was Lo
What was Loundes insinuation?

Ozoner
What was Bruce Lowndes insinuation.
Sometimes a perp will insert himself into a investigation to try to find out what the police know, etc. Loundes may have done something like that in this case, but I don't recall the specifics. I haven't been able to locate the source that I used back in 2016.

I think Art Ross did it or he had someone do it.
What do you think?
I also noticed that there was no mention of Pam's coat and the $300
But everything else in her apartment was accounted for.
Ross left work around 1:15 that day and Pam left to go on her lunch break at 1:30 which would have given him plenty of time to reach her apartment around 1:50 at about the same time that Pam did.

I have another poi
He grew up in the same neighborhood as Pam, they shared a mutual friend, he banked where she worked and he lived right up the street from where she lived.

Sometimes a perp will insert himself into a investigation to try to find out what the police know, etc. Loundes may have done something like that in this case, but I don't recall the specifics. I haven't been able to locate the source that I used back in 2016.
I hope you find your source ozoner
Because of something I found, Lowndes is now my #1 suspect.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back