MsRusty

Reaction score
Linda Carol Taylor
Missing since April 23, 1983 from Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: November 6, 1948
Age at Time of Disappearance: 34 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3; 120 lbs
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Taylor was last seen at her Nashville apartment on April 23, 1983.
She apparently disappeared from her residence; she never appeared at work and she was never seen or heard from again.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/50dftn.html

I wanted to know if anybody else sees a resemblence to this person found last year in Tennessee (it's a morgue picture):

http://identifyus.org/photo.php?i=495&m

With the age difference, it is quite possible, 20+years certainly seems to fit, you should call that one in...send it to Doenetwork if you don't want to call. Looks like an accurate find

25 years ago...

------------------------------
Linda Carol Taylor
Missing since April 23, 1983 from Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: November 6, 1948
Age at Time of Disappearance: 34 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3; 120 lbs
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Taylor was last seen at her Nashville apartment on April 23, 1983.

She apparently disappeared from her residence; she never appeared at work and she was never seen or heard from again.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Taylor's whereabouts, please contact:

Metro Nashville Police Department
Cold Case Investigations Unit
615-862-7511 You may remain anonymous when submitting tips to agencies.

NCIC Number: M-191557764

Source Information:
Metro Nashville Police Department
The Doe Network: Case File 50DFTN

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/50dftn.html

I thought this resemebled Linda.
WARNING: morgue photo

I even turned it in to the medical examiner's office, she didn't think it could be but said she would check to make sure. Havne't heard from her since.

This is the whole report from the above photo.
http://identifyus.org/report.php?p=individual&i=592

The age matches (Linda would be that old by now) and the physical description was close enough also.

I thought this resemebled Linda.
WARNING: morgue photo

I even turned it in to the medical examiner's office, she didn't think it could be but said she would check to make sure. Havne't heard from her since.

This is the whole report from the above photo.
http://identifyus.org/report.php?p=individual&i=592

The age matches (Linda would be that old by now) and the physical description was close enough also.

I guess this Jane Doe was identified since the link is dead.

Wow. Looking at a few more of the profile pictures on that FB page, you could absolutely make a case that she's the same person. I wish we had more photos of Linda than the one on her Doe page.

Anyone else think that this could be a match?
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/86uftx.html

I know this is in TX, but I see some similarities and the profiles match up.

Per a family member, Linda was maybe leading a little bit of a double life. Had been married and had kids, but had gotten a divorce and was maybe interested in dating women. This was a little bit harder to do back in the 80s. It says she was last seen at her apartment, but per the family member was maybe last seen at a gay club called The Jungle. She was a heavy drinker and did partake in prescription drug use.

Also of note, she was a mother and while she didn't have primary custody of the kids, it's strange she would totally vanish from their lives. I don't get the sense that she was the kind of person to just leave their lives forever and never try and get contact. The facebook with matching name is definitely similar and could be her, has anyone reached out? I know it's not been active since 2014. I wonder if she isn't dead since her family has never heard from her.

Charley Project Page: Linda Carol Taylor – The Charley Project

Linda Carol Taylor
  • linda_carol_taylor_1.jpg
Taylor, circa 1983

• Missing Since04/23/1983
  • Missing FromNashville, Tennessee
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth11/06/1948 (70)
  • Age34 years old
  • Height and Weight5'3, 120 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Taylor was last seen in Nashville, Tennessee on April 23, 1983. Her friends dropped her off at an apartment in the 2100 block of Belmont Boulevard before they went out drinking. When her friends returned to pick her up, the residence's occupant refused to let them inside and said Taylor had left. She never reported to work that morning and has never been heard from again.

At the time of her disappearance, Taylor lived at an apartment in the 100 block of Brinkhaven Avenue. Foul play is suspected in her case, which remains unsolved.

Also of note, she was a mother and while she didn't have primary custody of the kids, it's strange she would totally vanish from their lives. I don't get the sense that she was the kind of person to just leave their lives forever and never try and get contact. The facebook with matching name is definitely similar and could be her, has anyone reached out? I know it's not been active since 2014. I wonder if she isn't dead since her family has never heard from her.
I just came across this case tonight while browsing the fbi’s website & have been trying to find more information about this woman & her disappearance. Details like the ones you have given are helpful, gives me an idea of her life at the time. The doe found in Texas does look like a possibility also.

TN Missing: Nashville woman vanishes after night of fun
MAR 31 2022

A night of fun turned into the last moments a Nashville women was seen alive. It’s a case Metro Nashville Police detectives have been investigating for nearly four decades.

Linda Carol Taylor was 34-years-old when her friends reported her missing on April 24, 1983.

“She had gone out with a friend of hers the night of April 23rd,” said Detective Matthew Filter with MNPD’s Cold Case Homicide Missing Persons Unit. “They had met a couple guys and had gone out to a place called The Jungle on 4th Avenue South.”

Detective Filter said the group wounded up at 2120 Belmont Boulevard Apartment C.

“Linda stayed at that apartment with that guy while her friend and the other guy went somewhere else. Her friend came back a couple of hours later to pick Linda up, but the guy at the apartment said she had left already,” said Det. Filter.

Investigators said the man refused to allow them into the apartment. Taylor has not been seen nor heard from since. Foul play is suspected in this case.

“That fact that back in the 1980s you didn’t have the surveillance that you’d got now where everybody’s movements, at least when they’re out in public, are pretty much being tracked. It definitely makes it a lot more difficult to find out where people go of what may have happened to a person,” explained Filter.

Taylor had brown hair, blue yes, and a yellow eagle tattoo on her upper left shoulder.

It’s one reason why Det. Filter urges anyone that knew Taylor and may have information about that night or any information about her life in general is asked to contact him at 615-862-7803.

You can also call Nashville Crime Stoppers at 615-74-CRIME (615-742-7463). Callers remain anonymous and qualify for a cash reward.

OCT 17, 2022
[...]

Metro Police say on the night of April 23, 1983, Taylor went out with some friends to a bar called The Jungle on 4th Avenue South in Downtown Nashville. After several hours, they met a man who invited them back to his apartment at 2120 Belmont Boulevard. Taylor, 34, stayed at the apartment while her friends went back out. When they returned to pick her up, she was nowhere to be found.

"The man at the apartment said Linda had left and he didn’t know where she had gone," said Detective Matthew Filter with the Metro Police Department's Cold Case and Missing Persons Unit.

Filter said officers interviewed the man and searched the apartment, but didn't find anything suspicious. There are currently no suspects in the case, but he suspects foul play was involved.

[...]

For the last two years, Filter has been reviewing the case file and re-interviewing Taylor's family and friends in hopes of catching a break in the case.

"I really just start reworking the case from the beginning again in hopes that a new lead will pop out that will take us in the right direction," said Filter.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back