1354 users online (316 members and 1038 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Woman Phones Cops To Buy Crack

Jill Foreman should check on her drug dealers phone numbers. Lake Charles, La police stopped a car for a traffic violation. When the driver was unable to produce a license the police suspected the car may be stolen. Officer George Miller called the owners number from the registration but nobody answered. They finally allowed the driver to leave, but several hours later Officer Miller's phone rang. Ms. Foreman thought she was ringing her drug dealer and asked to purchase $150.00 in crack cocaine. Of course LE went for it and arrested Ms. Foreman and her fiance' Larry Rieck. Brilliant.http://www.kfdm.com/news/owner_25380...e_charles.html

Should have had a V8

Southwestern Maine is home but I'm not there nearly often enough
    I wonder what the charge is in such a case? Can't be possession or trafficking if she didn't have any... Cops usually pose as buyers not dealers. She may get away with a misdemeanor I guess.

OMG this is funny I havent even heard of this and this is where I live. This is my actual hometown. What an idiot.

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Don't ya just love it when the dumb ones do all the work for LE?

Quote Originally Posted by KarlK View Post
    I wonder what the charge is in such a case? Can't be possession or trafficking if she didn't have any... Cops usually pose as buyers not dealers. She may get away with a misdemeanor I guess.
    Karl there's some law that even if you purchase beat narcotics it's still a crime. We have reverse stings here all the time. Undercover cops arrest dealers and then set up shop on their corners. As soon as money exchanges hands the buyer is arrested. I always thought that was entrappment, but it's not. They have gone to buy drugs, believe it is drugs so therefore they are arrested accordingly. In this case the ultimate goal of this genius was to buy her crack. The cop complied only in the world of pretend crack. Not sure what she'll be convicted of though. They show these stings on TV here alot. The topper is the buyer will say "I KNEW something was amidst. I knew something wasn't right" yet they still try and cop the drugs. This lady though she gotta be a piece of work. She thinks any number that comes up on her cell is a dealer. That indicates she buys alot of crack. Dealers use them throw away cell phones and change numbers alot to avoid a bust so I guess that's what she figured.

Dang, you gotta hate when that happens. ..Think you're scoring some crack and it ends up being the cops!!!