MN MN - Linda Anger, 40, Rochester, 7 May 1993

Rle7

Reaction score
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: May 7, 1993 from Rochester, Minnesota
Classification: Missing
Date Of Birth: December 12, 1952
Height and Weight: 5'8, 130 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A maroon-colored ski jacket, maroon Levi's jeans and white tennis shoes.
bar.jpg

Details of Disappearance
Anger was last seen at approximately 7:30 a.m. on May 7, 1993. Her children reported that she was inside their family's residence in rural Rochester, Minnesota at the time. Anger has never been heard from again. Few details are available in Anger's case.
bar.jpg

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Olmstead County Sheriff's Department
507-285-8308

OR
507-285-8311

bar.jpg
Source Information
The Citizen Observer

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/anger_linda.html

anger_linda.jpg

Every spring, Olmsted County Sheriff's Detective Dave Rikhus makes a trip to the same land south of Byron, looking for an answer to a haunting question: What happened to Linda Jean Anger?

"I've walked the area looking for any kind of a sign," Rikhus said.

But his efforts have turned up nothing.

The last time anyone saw the 40-year-old mother was May 7, 1993. Her ex-husband told authorities he dropped her off at the Olmsted County Courthouse for an appointment with social services. No one has heard from her since.

http://www.postbulletin.com/newsmanager/templates/localnews_story.asp?z=2&a=336224

http://news.postbulletin.com/newsmanager/t...=336225&z=2

List of people still missing in the region

4/5/2008 7:55:02 AM
Post-Bulletin, Rochester MN

Linda Jean Anger

Age at disappearance: 40

Date of disappearance: May 7, 1993

Description: 5'8" tall, 130 pounds with brown hair and green eyes. She was wearing a maroon-colored ski jacket, maroon Levi's jeans and white tennis shoes.

Circumstances: Anger's ex-husband told authorities he had dropped her off for an appointment at the Olmsted County Courthouse at 8 a.m. May 7. Authorities say they could not confirm that Anger had an appointment on that day. She was reported missing a week later by a co-worker after she failed to show up for work. She never has been heard from or seen again.

If you have information on this case, call the Olmsted County Sheriff's Office at 285-8300.

Her poor children - nearly two decades without knowing what happened to their mother.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/950dfmn.html

I came across this woman while I was on the doe network and I came here to see if she had a thread and she does.. except nobody mentioned something I came across may explain who did it and why

Circumstances of Disappearance
Linda Jean Anger was living with her ex-husband, his new wife, and Linda's two sons. Her ex-husband stated he had dropped her off at the Olmstead County Courthouse or Social Services buildings for a morning appointment on May 7, 1993. She did not show up at the appointment and has not been seen nor heard from since. Authorities were not able to confirm that she actually had an appointment.

I just found this page, I am Linda's niece and we all still miss her immensely. Her oldest son just became a grandfather. My grandmother passed away with this still burning in her heart. What happened to her and why.
We all know her ex did it. He worked at an animal control and his wife was a nurse. We now believe they drugged her and cremated her where he cremated the animals.
The boys left when the oldest turned 18. He grabbed his younger brother and they moved to another state.

I just found this page, I am Linda's niece and we all still miss her immensely. Her oldest son just became a grandfather. My grandmother passed away with this still burning in her heart. What happened to her and why.
We all know her ex did it. He worked at an animal control and his wife was a nurse. We now believe they drugged her and cremated her where he cremated the animals.
The boys left when the oldest turned 18. He grabbed his younger brother and they moved to another state.
I am so very sorry your family is loving with this pain. I live just a few minutes south of Rochester and this has always been a case I've watched and wondered about.

I am so sorry that your family has lived with this. I'm working on bringing this story back into light. I'm a reporter at KTTC in Rochester, MN. I've reached out to investigators and I would love to talk to family as well. Is this something you would be interested in?

Law enforcement still looking for woman in 30-year-old cold case

ROCHESTER, Minn.-- One of Olmsted County's oldest cold cases is still under investigation after 30 years.

Linda Anger, of Rochester was last seen May 7, 1993 at the old Olmsted County Courthouse. Since then, Olmsted County Sheriff's Office investigators have still not come across any leads on Anger's whereabouts.

Olmsted County Attorney, Mark Ostrem says as the case ages, finding evidence becomes harder. He also says what he believes could bring this case to justice.

“Witnesses coming forward with information they know, certainly would be helpful.” he suggests. “And the other thing that helps in many cold cases is just advancing technology. We're all very aware of how DNA has helped in cold cases."

Ostrem says a case like this will never stay closed, and investigators will continue to be hopeful--looking at anger's file with fresh eyes and new tools.

Anyone who has seen or heard information regarding Linda Anger are asked to contact the Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office at (507)328-688. You can also report with Crimestoppers at 1(800)-222-8477 or online .

Linda Anger

Photos of Linda Anger are photographed on Thursday, June 1, 2023, at the city-county Government Center in Rochester. Anger went missing on May 7, 1993.

"We are not much further on this than we were one year ago in regards to knowing her whereabouts," then-Olmsted County Sheriff Capt. Dave Mueller told the Post Bulletin a year after Anger went missing.

"We have not had any leads in this case," Olmsted County Sheriff's Lt. Malinda Hanson said Wednesday, May 31, 2023, roughly 30 years after Anger's disappearance.

Nov 8, 2021

May 3, 2023

• linda_jean_anger_1.jpg
    anger_linda2.jpg
    anger_linda3.jpg
Anger, circa 1993
  • Missing Since 05/07/1993
  • Missing From Rochester, Minnesota
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 12/12/1952 (71)
  • Age 40 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'8, 130 pounds

• Clothing/Jewelry Description A maroon or gray ski jacket, maroon or purple Levi's jeans and white sneakers. Carrying a pink cigarette case.

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes. Anger wears eyeglasses.

Details of Disappearance​

Linda was last seen at approximately 7:30 a.m. on May 7, 1993. Her children reported that she was inside their family's residence in rural Rochester, Minnesota at the time.

Her ex-husband, Dennis Anger, said he dropped her off for a scheduled appointment with social services at the Olmsted County Courthouse at 8:00 a.m., but it is unclear whether she did in fact have an appointment, and no one saw her either inside the building or in the parking lot. She has never been heard from again.

At the time of her disappearance, Linda was living with Dennis, their two young sons and his new wife; she had recently moved there from Arizona. She was dedicated to her children and hoped to find a residence of her own. She had never mentioned wanting to leave the area or wanting to harm herself.

Dennis is considered a person of interest in Linda's case. Within three days of her disappearance, he and his wife had cleaned out her bedroom at their home. At least one of Linda's sons believes his father had something to do with Linda's disappearance, but Dennis died in 2007 without having ever been charged in his ex-wife's case.

Investigators believe Linda may have been the victim of a homicide. Her disappearance remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• Olmstead County Sheriff's Department
  • 507-285-8308
  • 507-285-8311

Source Information​

Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 19, 2020; three pictures added, details of disappearance updated.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galluvstrucrime
Back