MO - Little Girl Found Assaulted At Scene Of Fire

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
This is going to turn out I'm betting that there's some lousey, lying depraved individuals involved in this. A firefighter cleaning up at the scene of a house fire found a little seven year old girl wandering around. The child had on one shoe and was wet and disoriented. It was like 3:00AM at night and the firefighter noticed something was wrong. Here the poor little girl had been assaulted and it appears the fire which was contained to a bedroom was deliberately set to cover a crime. I've read two accounts as to the tennants of the house being away and another saying it was a man renting the property. An Amanda Yocum spoke to reporters saying she had been gone overnight from her house and knew nothing about it. She returned home to find all of her things and her sons things gone. Also Yocum said the week prior two strange men had stopped by her house and were hitting on her and told her they were watching her. Gettahe*louttaherenow. Just my thoughts is I do not believe her. Prayers for this little baby girl that she will be alright.http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080407/NEWS01/804070337/1007

Bless her, poor little girl, so glad someone found her. I'm curious as to how long she had been at that house? The link posted by Filly says she has parents, I wonder if they were aware that she was gone?

At this link on the right it says breaking news. It says they have a suspect in the abduction and assault on this little girl as well as the person is suspected of the arson. Only thing is I can't get that link to work. Poor, poor little girl. Hopefully they got the right person.http://www.ky3.com/features/ozarkstoday/17349479.html

It sounds like LE believes there is another case connected to the suspect.

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/17355494.html

A Springfield fire marshal believes the fire at the house was set intentionally, in the bedroom, to conceal another crime. Police believe the other crime is the assault of a young girl, taken from another home in the area of Chestnut Expressway at Kansas Expressway.

ETA: Or is LE saying the fire is one crime and the assault is another?

At this link on the right it says breaking news. It says they have a suspect in the abduction and assault on this little girl as well as the person is suspected of the arson. Only thing is I can't get that link to work. Poor, poor little girl. Hopefully they got the right person.http://www.ky3.com/features/ozarkstoday/17349479.html

This is what article at link had to say, "Springfield police are looking for the person who kidnapped and abused a girl, just before house went up in flames. The fire started at a home in the one-thousand block of West Nichols early yesterday morning. Investigators believe it started in a bedroom and was set to conceal another crime. More than two hours later, authorities found a 7 year old girl walking around. Police say she was crying and wet. No word yet on where the parents were when the attack happened."
Is it possible that parents were asleep and weren't even aware she was missing?? What time did this occur, wasn't it around 3 AM? Well the police would have question the parents by now right?

Tempusfugit, it was like the middle of the night. Well, actually the early morning at around 3:00AM you are right. There's like 42 RSO's in that area, and probably a ton more of offenders not registered I bet. Just my thoughts, but somebody in that house or somebody that lives there and wasn't home knows more about this.

They have identified the creep that kidnapped this little girl and there are connections to the home owner. The little girl was sleeping in a home of an aquantince of her grandmom's. Grandmom was there playing cards. The suspect who is a convicted felon knows the person at the house where the card game was going on. He admitted that he has been in that home before. It's not clear if he was there that night of the card game. He drug that little girl out of a bedroom window and grandmom who was playing cards had no idea the child was gone. It gets to be there's even more of a connection. Jeffrey Dickinson also knew the occupant of that house he set on fire. I believe he knew the person was not going to be home. Now, as if strangling and raping a child is not enough he set the fire and left the little girl there to die. The little girl was very brave and a smart cookie. She pretended to be dead, and then escaped during the fire. The little girl told LE the man made her smoke something out of a pipe that made her brain not work. This guy is a and I hope he pays.http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080409/NEWS01/804090477/1007

They have identified the creep that kidnapped this little girl and there are connections to the home owner. The little girl was sleeping in a home of an aquantince of her grandmom's. Grandmom was there playing cards. The suspect who is a convicted felon knows the person at the house where the card game was going on. He admitted that he has been in that home before. It's not clear if he was there that night of the card game. He drug that little girl out of a bedroom window and grandmom who was playing cards had no idea the child was gone. It gets to be there's even more of a connection. Jeffrey Dickinson also knew the occupant of that house he set on fire. I believe he knew the person was not going to be home. Now, as if strangling and raping a child is not enough he set the fire and left the little girl there to die. The little girl was very brave and a smart cookie. She pretended to be dead, and then escaped during the fire. The little girl told LE the man made her smoke something out of a pipe that made her brain not work. This guy is a and I hope he pays.http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080409/NEWS01/804090477/1007

I hope this is put away for a long time, hope he gets some prison kind of justice!! :furious:

I hope this is put away for a long time, hope he gets some prison kind of justice!! :furious:

I'm thinking maybe the grandmom should have looked in on the child too. Playing cards and had no idea the poor kid went missing.

I'm thinking maybe the grandmom should have looked in on the child too. Playing cards and had no idea the poor kid went missing.

Chances are grandma is probably feeling pretty bad about this, I feel terrible for her. :( I know how I am, I would never forgive myself if something like this happened while I was watching my grand babies.

Chances are grandma is probably feeling pretty bad about this, I feel terrible for her. :( I know how I am, I would never forgive myself if something like this happened while I was watching my grand babies.

Oh I know you would Tempusfugit. However I think if you took a little 6 or 7 year old to a house to play cards and put them in a room to sleep you'd be up a million times to check on the child. I am in no way blaming the grandmom. Absolutely not, but LE didn't find her until the wee hours of the morning. I'm thinking the card game had to be started by at least 12:00AM.

Unbelievable and SICK SICK SICK. :mad:

ETA: I can't believe how smart that little girl was! What a miracle that she knew to play dead, and how horribly sad at the same time.

This guys is such a disgusting , I can't find words to describe him. I sure hope they got HIV prophylaxis treatment for this little girl. He is a very high risk candidate for being HIV positive, and that would be so unfair to this little girl to have to carry that burden for the rest of her life. May God bless her and her family.

OMG whentf are people going to start protecting children????:furious: :mad: :furious:
What a sick, sad story.

There is a lot of info at DD site, but what a brave young girl. Poor baby- For those of you who dont know the details, some lowlights of it are:

1. She was drug out of the window by this jerk. He was a friend of the family and knew that she would be alone in this room. There was a card game going on, and she was watching TV in a room while the adults were playing.
2. He took her to an abandoned house (described as a crack house) and made her smoke a pipe. She told LE that it made her "brain feel weird". I cant imagine-
3. He raped, sodomized, choked, and beat her for several hours. She was smart enough to play dead so that he would loose interest. He did leave her alone after she faked being dead, but he left her in the crack house.
4. After laying down and pretending to be dead, she passed out and awoke to smoke and flames. She did escape, but did also received minor injuries from the fire. She was brutally attacked and raped. Poor baby.
5. A firefighter noticed her wandering around in the middle of the night alone and she had the presence of mind to give vivid details about her attacker.
6. He was arrested soon after on a seperate parole violation (Im sure this is in order for them to have more time to charge him/build their case).

The reason why I gave such details is this. I feel that this little girl is my new hero. She was not only smart to fake her death to get him off of her, but brave enough to give such details to LE about her attacker. That is hard for people to do, let alone a 7 year old girl. That is a young age. Im very proud of her. She is so smart. I hope her community sets up some type of donation/scholarship fund- I know I wouldnt mind donating :)

Jeffrey Allen Dickson

Jury Trial
Sentence Date: Unknown

Offenses
Kidnapping
Forcible Rape
2 counts Forcible Sodomy

Sentence: 4 Life Terms

Projected Release Date: None

Jeffrey Allen Dickson

Jury Trial
Sentence Date: Unknown