612 users online (53 members and 559 guests)  

Websleuths News

Weekend Violence Rocks City-timeline

Two home invasions, one robbery, one stabbing, five shootings, and a homocide. We had this nice timeline in our paper today so I thought I would share. Mind you there had to be many more robberies and I'm sure stabbings that are not reported in this article.http://www.philly.com/dailynews/loca..._the_city.html

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Two home invasions, one robbery, one stabbing, five shootings, and a homocide. We had this nice timeline in our paper today so I thought I would share. Mind you there had to be many more robberies and I'm sure stabbings that are not reported in this article.http://www.philly.com/dailynews/loca..._the_city.html

eek!!!!!!! Remember when I offered to visit?
    Once again NO thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    eek!!!!!!! Remember when I offered to visit?
    Once again NO thanks....
    You wanted to shovel snow, right? LOL Come on it'd be so worth it. Two of them incidents were within minutes of me. It's crazy out there I tell ya.

Whoa, Filly, that sounds like our "east side". Most of that stuff happens on that side of town and it's pretty scary to drive through. Stay safe, my friend.

I was pretty freaked out by that list (a 16 yr old doing all that?!) until I scrolled down and saw a pic of Charleton Heston in all his Ben Hur glory. Whew. Hot flashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    Whoa, Filly, that sounds like our "east side". Most of that stuff happens on that side of town and it's pretty scary to drive through. Stay safe, my friend.

I was pretty freaked out by that list (a 16 yr old doing all that?!) until I scrolled down and saw a pic of Charleton Heston in all his Ben Hur glory. Whew. Hot flashes.
    Usually I just concern myself with the 314's, but that home invasion was a little close for comfort. Nobody is breaking in here. I don't have anything to steal. LOL Plus I am fortified and ready just in case anybody would be coming through here. Quite the stud Mr. Heston was in his time.

Are you really fortified and ready, Filly? Does that mean what I think it means?

If it ever gets really bad in our part of town, I think I will buy a gun. I'm totally afraid to have one right now though because of the kids though. I could just sic them on the burglar. He wouldn't have a clue what happened to him.