Why is it that they made the Ramsey family out as being "The Perfect Family"?

Shanny

Reaction score
I watched "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town" on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8Dg8E2lC84
and to me it just seems like The Ramsey Family was too perfect.
John and Patsy had the perfect marriage and JonBenet got along perfect with Burke.
There is no way a family can be that perfect, have perfect kids and a perfect life.
Families fight, argue and get into it every once in a while.
People made JonBenet out to be this perfect child and Patsy made herself out to be this perfect mother with perfect children and husband.
A woman stated that Patsy's family were "The meanest people I have ever met."
With every family there is another side of the story, what bothers me is if the Ramsey family, who get along well with each other have problems, why is it that they never talked to one another about it? Why is it that when they had a problem they confided there problems to some else.
(Patsy Ramsey " We feel that there are at least two people on the face of the earth that know who did this and that is the killer and someone else that person may have confided in." )
Let me go down the list:
JonBenet:
Instead of talking to her father talked to the Gardener about how much she missed her dad when he was away
The book Perfect Murder, Perfect Town
JonBenet said "I really miss him, I wish he were around more"
"Where does he go?" the Gardener ask
JonBenet " I don't know, but sometimes he goes away for a long time..."
The Gardener: She started to cry, tear rolling down her cheeks.
I didn't know what to say-didn't know enough about the situation, didn't want to intrude or play counsel. It wasn't my place.
Vanity Fair Issue:
JonBenet's former nanny recalls otherwise: "She would say to me, 'I don't want to walk down the runway. It scares me.' She liked to perform but didn't want to have to compete."
Why would she talk to her nanny about this situation instead of her mother? Weren't JonBenet and Patsy "Best Friends"?
The nanny also notice that JonBenet hair went from brown to platinum blond. "I said to her, 'So who's dying your hair, JonBenet?' She was all goshed. 'You're not supposed to say anything about that.' I said 'O.K., it will be our little secret.' "
Patsy:
She talked to Linda the Housekeeper about her sexual problems between her and John and how she "hated giving John oral sex"
Isn't that a little too private to be disgusing with your housekeeper?
Some people who know Patsy thought she was bossy, pushy,aggressive and a show off when it came to getting something done.
She was spending John's money like it was water
Jane Stobie said "We saw the bill for this luncheon in Atlanta that Patsy had arranged, organized around the theme of Gone With The Wind, with actors playing Scarlett and Rhett, and it was over $30,000 -maybe $33,000."
John:
He was quite "But John could really get angry. I saw this on a few occasions involving business. Shouting and threatening. His eyes bulging like you cannot believe. It seemed like Jekyll and Hyde."
Jim Marino said "The only time I ever saw John really lose his temper was about Patsy and money," says Marino. "He would throw the credit cards on his desk and say, 'She's gonna spend every last penny I make.' "
When Patsy had her cancer John was not even there for her Judith Phillips was distressed to learn that her very ill friend was flying back and forth across the country by herself, "sick as a dog, vomiting...Where the hell was John?"

Behind every perfect family there is an untold story.

Isn't is very telling that PR could find NO ONE to travel with her for her chemo? Where was her mother and sisters? She had not one friend who would have done that? That says a lot about her.
I know a couple in my town who remind me very much of the Rs. The woman, particularly, made enemies at every school her kids attended- from Kindergarten all the way to Princeton (her eldest daughter) and Harvard (her youngest daugher). They were just really mean people; they were bullies and show-offs, and not very well liked. I tried as long as I could to be a friend to this woman. When she was diagnosed with breast cancer, I was one of only 3 people she told. We were sworn to secrecy- WHY? because she had so many enemies that she knew there would be a lot of people who would be GLAD to hear she had cancer. Kinda like "it couldn't happen to e better person" thing. I always thought that was so sad, as sad as the cancer itself.

Isn't is very telling that PR could find NO ONE to travel with her for her chemo? Where was her mother and sisters? She had not one friend who would have done that? That says a lot about her.

Says a lot about JR and Nedra in particular,and even PP and her other sister.If JR couldn't have made the trips w. her,then it was his responsibility to make sure *someone did.I would think the next person in line should have been Nedra..she should have been there,or made arrangements for someone else to be.

I know a couple in my town who remind me very much of the Rs. The woman, particularly, made enemies at every school her kids attended- from Kindergarten all the way to Princeton (her eldest daughter) and Harvard (her youngest daugher). They were just really mean people; they were bullies and show-offs, and not very well liked. I tried as long as I could to be a friend to this woman. When she was diagnosed with breast cancer, I was one of only 3 people she told. We were sworn to secrecy- WHY? because she had so many enemies that she knew there would be a lot of people who would be GLAD to hear she had cancer. Kinda like "it couldn't happen to e better person" thing. I always thought that was so sad, as sad as the cancer itself.
It is,and if you can push yourself to be friends w. someone like that,you're quite an awesome person! I've always thought ppl like that need someone to show them how to get along with others and live right,by being a good example for them.

JonBenet:
Instead of talking to her father talked to the Gardener about how much she missed her dad when he was away
The book Perfect Murder, Perfect Town
JonBenet said "I really miss him, I wish he were around more"
"Where does he go?" the Gardener ask
JonBenet " I don't know, but sometimes he goes away for a long time..."
The Gardener: She started to cry, tear rolling down her cheeks.
I didn't know what to say-didn't know enough about the situation, didn't want to intrude or play counsel. It wasn't my place.

poor child.it really affects kids when a parent goes away for a long time on a business trip.they just don't understand it,and they tend to take it personally.

OT..but, I especially liked the way that the doorbell kept ringing, and people kept pouring in....after the RN warned them not to talk to so much as a dog, or she would be beheaded. I just watched the movie again, on Youtube...I will finish watching it tomorrow..I had to stop at the end of Part two.

OT..but, I especially liked the way that the doorbell kept ringing, and people kept pouring in....after the RN warned them not to talk to so much as a dog, or she would be beheaded. I just watched the movie again, on Youtube...I will finish watching it tomorrow..I had to stop at the end of Part two.

tried to watch the you tube clips but having trouble here,they are not loading.
anyone else encountered the problem?:banghead:

I thought Patsey claimed to never have read the complete ransom note. In part two she hystarically tells the cops they're gonna cut off my babies head. Slanted....

I thought Patsey claimed to never have read the complete ransom note. In part two she hystarically tells the cops they're gonna cut off my babies head. Slanted....

Yeah, I noticed that!! From what I remember, she "SAID" that she didn't completely read it, before calling 911, but...that after the 911 call she read it over John's shoulder...as he was reading it on his HANDS AND KNEES there on the floor. What I don't get is...she had already picked it up...and placed it on the floor (for whatever reason)....so, why did John feel the need to read it while on his hands and knees...while it lay on the floor?? It had already been touched!

Yeah, I noticed that!! From what I remember, she "SAID" that she didn't completely read it, before calling 911, but...that after the 911 call she read it over John's shoulder...as he was reading it on his HANDS AND KNEES there on the floor. What I don't get is...she had already picked it up...and placed it on the floor (for whatever reason)....so, why did John feel the need to read it while on his hands and knees...while it lay on the floor?? It had already been touched!

..seems he's trying to account for his underwear fibers possibly being found in that area..so perhaps they laid JB down there,after coming down the stairs w. her.
..plus,there were no prints found on the note,so seems they didn't want to change that,even though Patsy said she's picked up the note.
Notice they don't *disturb the note,but surely don't mind touching or moving JB's body when found.

Okay, I just watched some more of PMPT..on Youtube. What is the deal with the naked barbies hanging from the ceilings, by strings...in that restuarant in parts 7 and 9. What significance did they have?

Okay, I just watched some more of PMPT..on Youtube. What is the deal with the naked barbies hanging from the ceilings, by strings...in that restuarant in parts 7 and 9. What significance did they have?

I wondered that myself !! You can get a copy from netflix to watch at home,and all I recall,if you watch it with Schiller narrating (you can watch it either way),is that he said it was just supposed to represent a local cafe.I don't know about the Barbie's though.

BTW,I thought Ann-Margaret was very out of her element playing Nedra...she is WAY to classy to play that part,IMO!

I wondered that myself !! You can get a copy from netflix to watch at home,and all I recall,if you watch it with Schiller narrating (you can watch it either way),is that he said it was just supposed to represent a local cafe.I don't know about the Barbie's though.

BTW,I thought Ann-Margaret was very out of her element playing Nedra...she is WAY to classy to play that part,IMO!

I agree about Ann-Margaret...that was weird.

BTW...what sort of local cafe would hang naked barbies from the ceiling? I just didn't get it....that part made no sense.

BTW...what sort of local cafe would hang naked barbies from the ceiling? I just didn't get it....that part made no sense.
That had to be poetic license if there was a cafe with naked Barbies out here locals would know it Id think.

There was a local kid who used to do those "Barbies in bondage". I THINK he knew the cafe owners. There was a naked Barbie bound with tape that was put on the Ramsey lawn, too, but I don't know if it was done by that same guy, or a random prank.

i'm sorry but i can't help it,kris kristofferson playing lou smit?:laugh: :laugh:

i was just re-reading the 98 interview the Rasmey's gave and noticed how BIASED smit was even back then.....instead of poiting out their inconsistencies he only asked questions that helped them.what a ***

another thing,in the movie one of the detectives said jbr could have hurt herself while riding the bike.....it is possible,isn't it?

i'm sorry but i can't help it,kris kristofferson playing lou smit?:laugh: :laugh:

i was just re-reading the 98 interview the Rasmey's gave and noticed how BIASED smit was even back then.....instead of poiting out their inconsistencies he only asked questions that helped them.what a ***

another thing,in the movie one of the detectives said jbr could have hurt herself while riding the bike.....it is possible,isn't it?

maya.morgen,
And we would have heard about that by now, anyway JonBenet's injuries were internal not external.

There was a local kid who used to do those "Barbies in bondage". I THINK he knew the cafe owners. There was a naked Barbie bound with tape that was put on the Ramsey lawn, too, but I don't know if it was done by that same guy, or a random prank.

I knew about the one on the lawn.. not about any from any cafe. Makes you wonder just how much they played to dramatize.

..I know ! he did a good job though...he was so sneery looking,I just wanted to slap him and that toothpick right out of his mouth ! LOL.

[ i was just re-reading the 98 interview the Rasmey's gave and noticed how BIASED smit was even back then.....instead of poiting out their inconsistencies he only asked questions that helped them.what a ***
..you know,it's just like a political game sometimes; Bynum knew just where to look,and working on the buddy-buddy system,he found just whom he was looking for to fit the bill..someone w. a clean background and image w.homicide experience,yet someone whom he knew would flat out LIE and twist the facts!!! ..and do so under the name of GOD,at that ! OMY...what an *advertiser censored** indeed !!
THAT IS JMO FOLKS!

..it reminds me of a friend I have,whose husb. got her stepson an expensive attorney when he got into trouble...they got the court date changed to when a more lenient judge would be there..the attorney knew this and recommended it.It worked.He got a much lighter sentence than he otherwise would have,IMO.It happens.It's all in who and what you know. (and how much money you have!)

I didn't catch that part;I must have missed it.

..I know ! he did a good job though...he was so sneery looking,I just wanted to slap him and that toothpick right out of his mouth ! LOL.

..you know,it's just like a political game sometimes; Bynum knew just where to look,and working on the buddy-buddy system,he found just whom he was looking for to fit the bill..someone w. a clean background and image w.homicide experience,yet someone whom he knew would flat out LIE and twist the facts!!! ..and do so under the name of GOD,at that ! OMY...what an *advertiser censored** indeed !!
THAT IS JMO FOLKS!

I didn't catch that part;I must have missed it.

the most amusing part of the movie was when lou smit began argumenting his intruder theory....he almost fooled me!!the intruder came in,used the stun gun,took her down to the basement,she woke up,he hit her with the flashlight,tied her up,strangled her....and left throught the broken window......

ummmm.....okay........but why was he there then?:bang:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back