GUILTY SC - Mekole Harris, 34, abducted & murdered, Greenville Co., 6 April 2008

Greenville County Coroner's investigator Scott Ramsey said that the coroner's office is trying determine the identity of the person or people the body parts are from and if they are still alive.

Um, I doubt they are still alive.:confused:

That's freaky that there are just hands and feet in the bags. :eek:

I think the victim(s) is/are connected to the residents where the parts were found. Maybe it's some kind of threat....like this could have been you.

Oh, colomom...interesting link. I won't go there but I think I get it. :eek:

One person stated it was right on her front porch? Yikes.When I first read the headline I was thinking the bags were found near the homes but to be placed right on the porch means they wanted it to be found.

I agree MsRusty, it seems like a threat to me too.How scary to find something like that.

WTF? What is with all the body parts lately? Is there someone trying to recreate Frankensteins work? :waitasec:

Associated Press

GREENVILLE, S.C.
Two black plastic bags containing a hand and a foot each were found Monday at two homes about a mile apart, authorities said.
The hands were "amputated" at the wrists, and the feet were taken off at the ankles, Greenville County coroner's investigator Scott Ramsey said. It's unclear whether the victim or victims survived the dismembering, Ramsey said.
"We don't know where the rest of the body is," he said. "There was very little blood found."
A woman told police she found body parts near her apartment. A second person soon reported a similarly gruesome find inside a home about a mile away. The callers are related but police would not say how.

It was a short article so I c&p'd the whole thing......http://www.charlotte.com/news/story/571395.html

The police are concerned about the safety of the sisters' 15 siblings.

I don't know if the link will work, but Greenvilleonline just reported that the body parts belong(ed) to Mekole Michelle Harris
Here is the text from the story:

Investigators say the severed hands and feet found outside two Greenville homes belonged to Mekole Michelle Harris, a 34-year-old Greenville woman who is likely dead, said Greenville County Coroner Parks Evans. Harris' last known address was 205 King St., Evans said.
Asked whether she was believed to be alive, Evans said, "I wouldn't think so. We don't know that for absolutely sure. We do know for absolutely sure that these are her hands."
Investigators used fingerprints to identify the hands, he said. They also believe the feet belong to Harris, Evans said.
Greenville police are now trying to piece together who last saw Harris and where, he said. Evans said part of the investigation is finding who left the body parts at the residences and where the rest of the body is.

The remains were not decomposing, so they appeared to have been recently severed, Evans said. The hands didn't have skin under the nails or any other signs of struggle, he said.

One hand and one foot were found at an entrance to a residence on Rose Avenue off Church Street on Monday, and one hand one foot were found at an entrance to a residence at Andover Park apartments on Cleveland Street, Evans said.

No arrests have been made, said Cpl. Jason Rampey of the Greenville Police Department

Check GreenvilleOnline later for more information.

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080408/NEWS01/80408034

SC authorities ID woman whose body parts were found

The Associated Press

GREENVILLE, S.C. --

Greenville County authorities say that severed hands and feet found in separate bags this week belong to a 34-year-old woman who is likely dead.

Greenville County Coroner Parks Evans says the body parts were cut from Mekole Michelle Harris. He says fingerprints were used to identify the body parts.
Evans says he doesn't know how the body parts were cut or whether it was done after Harris died. He also says there was no obvious connection between Harris and where the limbs were found. Her last known address was a boarding house in the city.
Police are looking for the rest of the body.

link.....http://www.charlotte.com/205/story/570744.html

Not a happy ending. I hope she was dead before they started cutting her up.

WTF? What is with all the body parts lately? Is there someone trying to recreate Frankensteins work? :waitasec:

I know, it brought to mind two specific cases for me. The case of like 3 left feet washing ashore (I think it was left feet) in Canada, and also, the case of limbs washing ashore in New York, both recent, within the last year, probably sooner.

YUCK!!!!

So do the sisters/residents of the houses, know the vic? Weird case!

So do the sisters/residents of the houses, know the vic? Weird case!

I think that will come out soon, but if they don't know the vic, they damn sure know the killer. Way to coincidental for me.

From this link:
http://www.foxcarolina.com/news/15823318/detail.html

"They also said the toes of the feet had been cut off."

That doesn't sound good.:sick: Cutting the toes off after death also seems a bit odd. I guess my twisted mind can see the feet and hands; sort of like a "Godfather" message; but the toes??? I got the feeling from the article that the toes were not with the feet either. Poor lady.

Mother of severed-limb victim speaks to GreenvilleOnline

Jessie Mae Harris broke down in tears today while talking about her youngest child, Mekole Michelle Harris, a 34-year-old Greenville woman whose severed hands and feet were found outside two residences.

"She was my baby," Jessie Mae Harris said.
Mekole Michelle Harris has four children, ages 4-15, her mother said.
But why anyone would want to leave the severed parts outside of two homes remained a mystery to Jessie Mae Harris.

"She never hurt anybody," she said. "She only hurt herself."

Jessie Mae Harris said she last spoke to her daughter by phone on April 1. The conversation ended when someone tried to sell Mekole Michelle Harris a microwave, her mother said.

Mekole Michelle Harris is the youngest of seven children, her mother said.

a comment with a previous article says the victim has an extensive arrest record for drugs, prostitution & child abuse.

I'm interested in the victim's connection to the residents where her parts were found. Do those residents have any arrest records like the victim?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee
Back