GUILTY IL - Evelyn Vasquez, 6, stabbed to death in her Waukegan home, 7 April 2008

Only thing I can think of...crack and crazy...that would cause such a violent attack on that baby. 11 times!!! Unbelievable that a mother could do such a thing to begin with...but 11 times?!?!

The first thing that comes to my mind is anti depressants....when people don't take their medication...things like this can happen...bipolar also comes to mind. May this beautiful little girl named Evelyn sing with the angels.

Am I the only one who read the article as saying the mother was involved, but that doesn't mean she stabbed her daughter. It might still be a lover who killed the girl, and the woman is covering up for them? In any case, that doesn't let the woman off the hook, she should be charged and convicted for her full role in the death of her daughter! :furious: :behindbar :furious:

Poor little one.... :( :( :(

Poor, beautiful little girl... how anyone could stab a little 6 year old 11 times is beyond me. It breaks my heart...:(

Bond Set At $5 Million; Prosecutors Say Girl Was Stabbed 11 Times

A Waukegan mother, charged Tuesday with fatally stabbing her 6-year-old daughter, first claimed the girl attacked her, then told police she thought the girl was possessed by a demon, Lake County prosecutors said.

Bond was set at $5 million on Tuesday for Nelly Vasquez-Salazar, of the 4200 block of Hickory Hills Drive in Waukegan. She has been charged with two counts of first degree murder, according to a release from Waukegan police.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/mother.charged.stabbing.2.694874.html

I figured the mom was a nut case. Go rot in jail lady..I have no sympathy. :mad:

A Waukegan mother, charged Tuesday with fatally stabbing her 6-year-old daughter, first claimed the girl attacked her, then told police she thought the girl was possessed by a demon, Lake County prosecutors said.

Bond was set at $5 million on Tuesday for Nelly Vasquez-Salazar, of the 4200 block of Hickory Hills Drive in Waukegan. She has been charged with two counts of first degree murder, according to a release from Waukegan police.

I have no sympathy for the mom either, nut case or not. I hope she rots in prison and then in hell.:furious:

What a gorgeous girl she was!!! I am so sick of this. I get on here everyday and cry for these babies who are being beat, killed, raped and wonder why the families did nothing to protect them. How can you look into those beautiful faces and cause them so much pain?:furious:

Wow, her bail is set at 5 million, I don't think anyone's buying the story "daughter" was possessed by demons...:(

Wow, her bail is set at 5 million, I don't think anyone's buying the story "daughter" was possessed by demons...:(

What else could it be past mental illness? I don't accept that someone wakes up one morning and stabs their six year old 11 times without a reason. What did she have to gain by the girl's death? If that question is answered by something - money, a man, freedom - I might believe she's faking it. Until then, mental illness makes sense to me.

My prayers for this family.

What else could it be past mental illness? I don't accept that someone wakes up one morning and stabs their six year old 11 times without a reason. What did she have to gain by the girl's death? If that question is answered by something - money, a man, freedom - I might believe she's faking it. Until then, mental illness makes sense to me.

My prayers for this family.

scm, I think I gave you the impression that "I" didn't believe it was mental illness, I didn't mean to imply that. I truly believe this woman was mentally ill. I just couldn't believe her bail would be set that high, if authorities felt she was mentally ill. Did I explain it right?

Well there goes any hope of an insanity defense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back